No announcement yet.

QPR will 'make every effort' to keep hold of star striker Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latest artical...........................

The future of Charlie Austin continues to be discussed here in the Football Transfer Tavern, and the latest reports from the Daily Mirror suggest Crystal Palace are the new favourites for his signature.

The likes of Tottenham, Newcastle and West Ham have all been heavily linked with the striker who took the Premier League by storm last season, yet QPR have so far refused to budge on their £15million asking price.

Palace have made an excellent start to the season with two wins from their opening three games, the other included a narrow defeat to Arsenal.

That seems to have convinced the Palace board to fund a move for the striker who fired 18 Premier League goals for a relegated club last season.

QPR are still refusing to budge on their asking price, but there is a growing confidence around Selhurst Park that a deal can be negotiated before the close of the transfer window.

Our resident Palace fans here in the Transfer Tavern over by the pool table feel that Austin would be a fantastic signing for the club, but the £15 million price tag that is attached with him is pretty ludicrous!

Read more at http://www.footballtransfertavern.co...d68y1erV1BJ.99
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Good link mate.
      Ludicrous price tag, but far to cheap according to so many on here. Scratches head.

Comment

• Ludicrous? ....Think them boys oughta stick to discussing knitting if they think £15mill is Ludicrous

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Good link mate.
          Ludicrous price tag, but far to cheap according to so many on here. Scratches head.
          i can see both sides of the price tag argument mate.

the pros.............

banged in 18 prem goals last season
          4 in 4 this season
          good hold up play,
          english
          26 yo
          hard worker.
          good with either foot and head.

cons

9 months left on contract
          will fail a normal medical
          currently plays for a championship club

if we get 15 mil i would be delighted.

would except around 12/13 mil though or 8 mil plus dwight gale.

thats where i stand, how about you buddy?
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• What anyone needs to realize... we can put what price tag we want on as he is UNDER CONTRACT !!

Can't believe how some people feel we are wrong for NOT wanting to sell Austin. if he gets us promoted we will earn 70 + MILLION !

Comment

• 15 million is the correct price tag imo hits mate and im certain someone will buckle and meet it, but i would love six , seven or eight and gayle though, cos hes our future with the way ramsey wants to play.

Comment

• No secret where I (and Jermaine Jenas) stand!

Charlie Austin would be a snip at £15m
                http://zapsportz.com/charlie-austin-...ime-condition/

Former Nottingham Forest and Queens Park Rangers midfielder Jermaine Jenas has defended his claim that Charlie Austin is worth £15 million on social networking site Twitter.
                http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/21...-charlie-aust/
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

15 million is the correct price tag imo hits mate and im certain someone will buckle and meet it, but i would love six , seven or eight and gayle though, cos hes our future with the way ramsey wants to play.
                  Charlie's still got 4 or 5 years left at the very top of his game Kev. How far into the future do you want to look?!!
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Im presuming like the rest of the world that Charlies four or five years left will not be with QPR.

Comment

Im presuming like the rest of the world that Charlies four or five years left will not be with QPR.
                      Get the gloves off, and go to the slug it out section for a mod-slug-fest.
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• He's worth 15 mill all day atm. If we keep Charlie all season and he keeps scoring like he is atm then we are potentially on course for another 100 million pounds plus.
                        We lose Charlie and our chances are considerably damaged. He's our player and when players like gray have just been sold for 9 mill without kicking a ball in the pre, then how can anyone say Charlie's fee is ludicrous.
                        Averaged 30 games per year over last 4 years and is 26 years old, English and averages around a goal every 2,2.5 games throughout his career.

I pray we stand firm and don't buckle with the fee. Only time to do a deal is of we get opportunity to sign someone like gayle as part of the package.

Comment

Im presuming like the rest of the world that Charlies four or five years left will not be with QPR.
                          You and the rest of the world have been assuming that for two months though and with one week until the end of the transfer window he is still here!

Still hoping...

Comment

• What does.."will make every effort" exactly mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                              What does.."will make every effort" exactly mean?
                              Sit and hope I think...

Comment

• I think by giving him "every chance", it has been in the way we have treated him. I remember many on this board saying how they didn't think he should play as he wont be here so whats the point. If nothing has happened by Sunday, i think the announcement of the latest England squad, could be a big factor. If he does get in that squad, he may just think he still has a crack at the euros being here.

Comment

Working...
                                X