QPR will 'make every effort' to keep hold of star striker Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    When you see all Charlies recent tweets and the pictures of him on the official he don't look like hes in any rush to go so I reckon unless the right club comes in for him he will hang around one more year. His tweets seem positive about the club which is a good sign. If he wanted out then he could just not tweet anything regarding the club

The guy has worked his way up from the bottom not been spoilt like Sterling so on face value hes happy being a pro footballer instead of labouring so while being in the prem would be a lot better it could also be a lot worse then one more year in the Bush with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when his contract expires

He really cannot lose in the situation stay or go
    Agree West. He's already come out and said if he stays then so be it, no problem. Like you said, if he wasnt happy or he just really wanted out he could've easily have said nothing at all. Obviously he naturally wants to play Premiership football, but on the flip side I genuinely think he's settled here and that he genuinely likes the club/staff/fans etc........ win win for him imo!
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Atleast he ain't a baby like sterling
      You Rsssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
        Atleast he ain't a baby like sterling
        Absolutely mate. Contrast Charlie with Sterling who has two years left on his contract yet calls in sick.

Comment

Sterling comes across as a right arrogant little pr1ck.

Im sure he thinks highly of me too
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Sterling comes across as a right arrogant little pr1ck.
            He's borrowed the Adel Taarabt how to force a move book.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
              He's borrowed the Adel Taarabt how to force a move book.
              Just hasn't borrowed his cook book yet by the looks of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                When you see all Charlies recent tweets and the pictures of him on the official he don't look like hes in any rush to go so I reckon unless the right club comes in for him he will hang around one more year. His tweets seem positive about the club which is a good sign. If he wanted out then he could just not tweet anything regarding the club

The guy has worked his way up from the bottom not been spoilt like Sterling so on face value hes happy being a pro footballer instead of labouring so while being in the prem would be a lot better it could also be a lot worse then one more year in the Bush with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when his contract expires

He really cannot lose in the situation stay or go
                Exactly a I see it too west. Don't get me wrong, I am sure he wants to be playing PL football,but I genuinely think he respects the club enough to know that we won't sell unless our valuation is met & he certainly doesn't seem the sort to throw a tantrum to try and force a move. He seems happy & settled here and really don't think he will kickup a fuss if he ends up staying.#

Still think he will go though, I reckon somebody will eventually stump up the £15m, they're all jut playing the long game hoping we will cave in and reduce our asking price IMO.

Comment

• Latest rumour is Palace wanna give us £6m pls FOUR players?!

Comment

• I dont think there's any chance of Austin Fer or Phillips being here by the end of August transfer window,
                    dont care what the club say as much I'd love all 3 to stay,

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Latest rumour is Palace wanna give us £6m pls FOUR players?!
                      I think it's just poorly worded Matty. I think those four would potentially be available to select from, I don't think they intend to let us have all four.....although I may be wrong. Again.

Then again, it's in the press so it's probably all b0ll0cks anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        I dont think there's any chance of Austin Fer or Phillips being here by the end of August transfer window,
                        dont care what the club say as much I'd love all 3 to stay,
                        Agree. Reckon we will pocket the best part of £30m for them though which is not too shabby at all, especially as we will likely be getting a further £8m from the inevitable Sterling deal.

Comment

• Personal opinion on this matter is that if Austin's valuation is not met, he will take that as a bit of motivation in the sense that he will go out week in, week out and prove to them that he is worth that money and that clubs have missed out. I'm sure he is aware that what we are asking for him is nowhere near his actual value so people putting in bids below the valuation is only going to encourage him to stay here longer and work harder.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You got that right H!!! A right horrible little man-boy, dread to think what he'd be like in the real world!!
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              You got that right H!!! A right horrible little man-boy, dread to think what he'd be like in the real world!!
                              A Cu nt
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                A Cu nt
                                Glad thats an 'A' and not a 'U'
                                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                                X