No announcement yet.

TF thinks year 2015 will be great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Fernandes - Lovely bloke but extremely naive and taken for granted when venturing away from his known industry.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
      It doesn't hurt or bother me one bit what Fernandes spends his millions on...except when its on expensive footballers who cripple the football club I support for years after their usefulness has expired. If he's prepared to completely wipe the debt off and sink another £200million of his own money into the club, he can have whatever visions for the future of QPR that he wants as far as I'm concerned. All I care about is the bottom line of that accounts book, and keeping the club prudent (ironically, that appears to be the one thing that doesn't concern Fernandes at present.) My feeling is though that he is putting all of his eggs in one New Queen's Park basket in terms of speculating to accumulate long term, with very little thought given to how the club will conduct itself if a new stadium fails to materialise. That is the concern.
      Take my word for it, and if im wrong i will buy you a hundred pints. This club cannot pay them back and never ever will. So stop worrying about how much they spend on their vision cos its all their money and you will never be asked for it in any other way than in ticket money (and you don't even have to pay that if you dont want), its their money, worry about your dough is my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Now this is a very serious question and not an argument starter, and vblock, surrey or any of the 'savvy gang' can answer it. . This debt you go on about so much and seem to know a lot about, well who do we owe it too, and how much are we paying back and in what sort of time instalments? Any idea, and of so please let us know.
        Is that your new name for the TF dissenters? I quite like it to be honest, has a good ring to it.

Comment

That part is where we will differ and argue till the cows home
          Lets just leave it at that then mate because we are poles apart. You believe what you want to and i will do the same.

Comment

Certainly, the club appears to being learning lessons up to a point on certain issues - my worry is that it's too little, too late. For me, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating this summer. Specifically, if the likes of Barton, Dunne, Ferdinand, SWP etc are offered new deals or not. This will demonstrate whether or not the club truly has a desire to promote youth into the first team, as well as harbouring an intention to start clearing up some of the mess created by our ridiculously inflated wage bill.
            Yeah well I suppose thats it isnt it, no one really knows if TF and Co have learnt anything for the future just got to take each step of the future as it comes. Like you said though, the next step will be the summer- will we promote youth/what type of manager we'll go for/what signings we'll make etc etc.... but over the course of TFs time here, for the reasons Ive mentioned in my last post I think he has learnt as he's gone along. Not saying he's perfect, not by a long shot but imho he is learning and we could do a lot worse.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Take my word for it, and if im wrong i will buy you a hundred pints. This club cannot pay them back and never ever will. So stop worrying about how much they spend on their vision cos its all their money and you will never be asked for it in any other way than in ticket money (and you don't even have to pay that if you dont want), its their money, worry about your dough is my opinion.
              That is exactly my concern. We will remain in debt indefinately, praying that one day the new stadium comes to fruition.

Comment

That is exactly my concern. We will remain in debt indefinately, praying that one day the new stadium comes to fruition.
                In debt to who?
                I cant keep saying this mate, its not debt, debt is owed, they cant owe money to themselves....... its losses. Losses that businessmen know they are making and are fully prepared to do so as part of their vision, hobby, fun, call it what you like, but the end story will be it will never be repaid by us the supporters or qpr as a club.
                And if we get a state of the art stadium with cheaper tickets and they make a few quid after putting so much in, then all power to them, thats what happens in business. Speculate to accumulate.
                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-03-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

In debt to who?
                  I cant keep saying this mate, its not debt, debt is owed, they cant owe money to themselves....... its losses. Losses that businessmen know they are making and are fully prepared to do so as part of their vision, hobby, fun, call it what you like, but the end story will be it will never be repaid by us the supporters.
                  This is true what Kev says. The accounts are just loses to QPR holdings Ltd.
                  The only thing we have to worry about is Fernandes and investors pulling the plug on the club and leaving with no other buyer willing to step into the light (which i cant see happening)... AND the FFP stuff.

I think the people that truly despise TF have more against him than just the financials.. I think a lot of it is to do with moving away into a new stadium etc. and trying to create QPR into something which some fans dont want to become.

Comment

Tbh if the losses (lets not call them debts then) we have been making year in and year out for the last 4 years had made us a better club, a better squad, better infrastructure then it wouldnt be so bad but instead for all these losses and we have gone backwards as a squad and a bit of a laughing stock as a club. Only at rangers could we have found billionaires and millionaires who run the club like complete and utter #####. TF been saying "Lessons learned" since Hughes left. Maybe he really has this time but with the appointment of a part time striker coach as DOF i am leaning towards that maybe he hasnt. Lets see what happens next season. (think i said the same thing last season)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      In debt to who?
                      I cant keep saying this mate, its not debt, debt is owed, they cant owe money to themselves....... its losses. Losses that businessmen know they are making and are fully prepared to do so as part of their vision, hobby, fun, call it what you like.
                      Right, I agree up to a point. The issue comes though when they want reimbursing - in that respect, it is a debt of sorts. It isn't neccassrily money that the club has borrowed and owes externally (i.e. to a company outside of QPR Holdings), but it will still need to be recouped in some capacity for Fernandes and the board to remain committed (which one would imagine will be from New Queen's Park). Only Fernandes could tell you what his motivations for the club truly are, but I honestly don't believe that he is pumping all of this money into QPR for fun or as a hobby. If he was a multi-billionaire, then that possibly might be the case. But by PL standards, he isn't THAT rich. At some point (and who can blame him?) he will want to see a return on his investment.
                      Last edited by surrey_hoop; 20-03-2015, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                        Tbh if the losses (lets not call them debts then) we have been making year in and year out for the last 4 years had made us a better club, a better squad, better infrastructure then it wouldnt be so bad but instead for all these losses and we have gone backwards as a squad and a bit of a laughing stock as a club. Only at rangers could we have found billionaires and millionaires who run the club like complete and utter #####. TF been saying "Lessons learned" since Hughes left. Maybe he really has this time but with the appointment of a part time striker coach as DOF i am leaning towards that maybe he hasnt. Lets see what happens next season. (think i said the same thing last season)
                        This is also true haha... Im so tied!!!

Comment

Ha ha, so cant disagree with any of that. Only at QPR could we have the 82nd richest man in the whole universe and still be really really sh it and lose every single game. You couldnt make it up.

Comment

Remember it takes time V

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Remember it takes time V

Lets see how patient the board are when we are losing millions while stuck in the Championship for season after season. Less money from the prem, less profile and OOC still up in the air for a few years. We as fans are here forever rain or shine but not so sure if they will be.

Comment

Lets see how patient the board are when we are losing millions while stuck in the Championship for season after season. Less money from the prem, less profile and OOC still up in the air for a few years. We as fans are here forever rain or shine but not so sure if they will be.
                                But isn't Tony's heart in the right place? That's what everyone keeps saying

Comment

Working...
                                X