No announcement yet.

TF thinks year 2015 will be great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was achieved at the end of 4 years of Flavio and Co ownership? Debt reduced and club promoted to the PL + we were set to become debt-free if we did not squander the first season's PL revenue.
    What has been achieved after 4 years of TF and Co ownership? Debt skyrocketed, another crippling relegation and a possible fine pending.

And yet, quite illogically, most posters still cling to TF as some sort of saviour figure while in reality he and his business accomplices have been the exact opposite - the bane of this club. So they are now trying to "save" the club - yes, from their own wastefulness. Madness.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      What was achieved at the end of 4 years of Flavio and Co ownership? Debt reduced and club promoted to the PL + we were set to become debt-free if we did not squander the first season's PL revenue.
      What has been achieved after 4 years of TF and Co ownership? Debt skyrocketed, another crippling relegation and a possible fine pending.

And yet, quite illogically, most posters still cling to TF as some sort of saviour figure while in reality he and his business accomplices have been the exact opposite - the bane of this club. So they are now trying to "save" the club - yes, from their own wastefulness. Madness.
      Kirill - Honestly, I couldn't agree with this post any more if I tried. You've hit the nail right on the head my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
        I think if we knew then what we know now, the later. Football in the lower divisions is less expensive, more enjoyable and probably would've resulted in us being a more stable club in the long term.
        Would agree IF from now on in we were to make mistake after mistake and not learn from them, also continue to fall massively into debt..... BUT personally my gut feeling (and thats all we can really judge the future on) I think we are learning... I think the club made a big and correct decision by bringing Sir Les in. Unlike recent years we now have someone at the heart of recruitment who has a natural desire to bring the youth through. Also Ramsey being here. He might not be the right man for the job long term but at least TF didnt steam in and get tied down by appointing a big name manager. Also the January transfer showed me TF's learnt to pull the rein's and not rush in and throw money away on signings. OK it might be a case of 'slowly but surely', but I honestly think he and the board are learning.... thats why imho yoyoing would be absolutely fine and an achievement.
        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Good post

Comment

Now this is a very serious question and not an argument starter, and vblock, surrey or any of the 'savvy gang' can answer it. . This debt you go on about so much and seem to know a lot about, well who do we owe it too, and how much are we paying back and in what sort of time instalments? Any idea, and of so please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Now this is a very serious question and not an argument starter, and vblock, surrey or any of the 'savvy gang' can answer it. . This debt you go on about so much and seem to know a lot about, well who do we owe it too, and how much are we paying back and in what sort of time instalments? Any idea, and of so please let us know.
              Go have a look at the accounts mate..they wrote it off yet? You really want to be relying on them to keep picking up the £50M to £70M shortfall every year while we #### up another attempt to compete in this league ? They are here for OOC and the "little city" (TF's words) they intend to build around it. That is their number one priority.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                Go have a look at the accounts mate..they wrote it off yet? You really want to be relying on them to keep picking up the £50M to £70M shortfall every year while we #### up another attempt to compete in this league ? They are here for OOC and the "little city" (TF's words) they intend to build around it. That is their number one priority.
                So farking what? Do you want owners who dont want to make any money ever then? Do you want owners who have got no long term plans for the club or themselves? Why does it hurt you lot so much what they spend of their own vast vast fortunes of money, or for that matter what they earn?
                Seems like a bit of jealousy in all honesty.

Comment

Why are we comparing Flavio's 4 year plan with TF's 4 year stay so far?... IF it had been lets say 'the 7 year plan' under Flavio would we then be giving TF 7 years to improve the club??
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

tony

tony is promoting a new policy which is getting young hungry players from the lower divisions and bringing through some of our youngsters if successfull
                    we become another swansea,then we can hopefully slowly build on that
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

So farking what? Do you want owners who dont want to make any money ever then? Do you want owners who have got no long term plans for the club or themselves? Why does it hurt you lot so much what they spend of their own vast vast fortunes of money, or for that matter what they earn?
                      Not much point being jealous of a billionaire is it? lol . The board should have the club as its number one priority and every decision they make the club should go above all else. I dont believe this is the case with the current lot. Add to that the complete and utter b@lls up they have made of the last 4 years with a couple of embarrassing seasons thrown in and its plain as the nose on your face Kev..this lot havent got a ####ing clue how to run a football club. But hey ho if you are the kind to believe there "lessons learned" ######## then up to you mate. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Why are we comparing Flavio's 4 year plan with TF's 4 year stay so far?
                        To see what had been achieved in 4 years and what was lost in next 4 years.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Would agree IF from now on in we were to make mistake after mistake and not learn from them, also continue to fall massively into debt..... BUT personally my gut feeling (and thats all we can really judge the future on) I think we are learning... I think the club made a big and correct decision by bringing Sir Les in. Unlike recent years we now have someone at the heart of recruitment who has a natural desire to bring the youth through. Also Ramsey being here. He might not be the right man for the job long term but at least TF didnt steam in and get tied down by appointing a big name manager. Also the January transfer showed me TF's learnt to pull the rein's and not rush in and throw money away on signings. OK it might be a case of 'slowly but surely', but I honestly think he and the board are learning.... thats why imho yoyoing would be absolutely fine and an achievement.
                          Certainly, the club appears to being learning lessons up to a point on certain issues - my worry is that it's too little, too late. For me, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating this summer. Specifically, if the likes of Barton, Dunne, Ferdinand, SWP etc are offered new deals or not. This will demonstrate whether or not the club truly has a desire to promote youth into the first team, as well as harbouring an intention to start clearing up some of the mess created by our ridiculously inflated wage bill.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            Not much point being jealous of a billionaire is it? lol . The board should have the club as its number one priority and every decision they make the club should go above all else. I dont believe this is the case with the current lot. Add to that the complete and utter b@lls up they have made of the last 4 years with a couple of embarrassing seasons thrown in and its plain as the nose on your face Kev..this lot havent got a ####ing clue how to run a football club. But hey ho if you are the kind to believe there "lessons learned" ######## then up to you mate. Carry on.
                            That part is where we will differ and argue till the cows home, cos in my eyes this board puts qpr first in every single way. They have spent millions of their own money on trying to make us a good footballing side, appointed respected managers who failed (not their fault), they are getting us a new stadium(you dont want nor believe) and they listen to us fans and do jim gregory tributes etc etc etc.
                            Not sure what it is you really want, but moani g makes you happy, so i will guess nothing is good enough.
                            To quote chas and dave, 'there aint no pleasing you'.

Comment

Oh rite didnt realise Flavio's achievements was where we stuck our standards/benchmarks, thats all.... though I suppose in say 10 years time when we're in OOC and a successful Premiership side all this 4 year nonsense will be irrelevant.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

It doesn't hurt or bother me one bit what Fernandes spends his millions on...except when its on expensive footballers who cripple the football club I support for years after their usefulness has expired. If he's prepared to completely wipe the debt off and sink another £200million of his own money into the club, he can have whatever visions for the future of QPR that he wants as far as I'm concerned. All I care about is the bottom line of that accounts book, and keeping the club prudent (ironically, that appears to be the one thing that doesn't concern Fernandes at present.) My feeling is though that he is putting all of his eggs in one New Queen's Park basket in terms of speculating to accumulate long term, with very little thought given to how the club will conduct itself if a new stadium fails to materialise. That is the concern. What changes are actually being made on a day to day basis to that suggest the club is starting to turn a corner financially?
                                Last edited by surrey_hoop; 20-03-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X