So many negative minded fans on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    I moan when we play badly and lose. I cheer when we play well and win. I'm content enough when we play OK and draw. What else should I do? Isn't that what everyone does? Not complain about losing eleven consecutive away games?
    No it's not what everyone does ! some of us cheer when we lose if the team play well and show fight and effort it's sport you cant always win when you play well

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      No it's not what everyone does ! some of us cheer when we lose if the team play well and show fight and effort it's sport you cant always win when you play well
      Yep. Fair point. Chelsea away this season for instance.

Comment

Every qpr fan I know is not happy and I'm talking about fans that go to all games
        R's

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
          We're a badly run club . So quite rightly fans ain't happy.

Spent millions to put us in debt (debt is debt no matter who it is owed too) with 50 odd incoming players and what do we have to show for it? Like dogsrrs said above we have reached the dizzy heights on a level with Burnley. Oh and i think the corporate boxes have been done up and the bogs in Ellerslie have had a coat of paint and we now have a reputation of a club that is run like a circus. Well done! Good Job!.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
            Every qpr fan I know is not happy and I'm talking about fans that go to all games
            Last season it was about 50/50 with the rangers fans that i know but now i dont think there is one who is happy and i am talking about the manager and the way the club is being run. TF gonna need to tweet a lot more PR spinning positive stuff because he will be criticized more and more this season if we carry on as we are. Harry is even worse and i can realistically see no way back for him.
            Only thing worse than Harry would be Sherwood.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
              Yep u get the ones that watch it on tele. They ain't got a clue. Every fan I speak to that go games home and away feel the same. Badly run side at the end of the day. And there's no sign of things changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                In my opinion, He is the reason why so many fans are negative. Also, I really wonder why the players don´t air their growing frustations with his shortcomings more publically?
                Maybe because they don't have any and they are happy with what he is doing? Maybe it is just the fans who think he isn't that great but the players actually like him?
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Maybe because they don't have any and they are happy with what he is doing? Maybe it is just the fans who think he isn't that great but the players actually like him?
                  Players are happy enough because no matter what record we set in the prem or how bad we look they always get picked for the team and are picking up bags of money at the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    Players are happy enough because no matter what record we set in the prem or how bad we look they always get picked for the team and are picking up bags of money at the end of the week.
                    But how can you make that assumption about them just because it is what you want to believe? Every interview and every time I have spoken to a player, they have shown huge delight at what Harry has been doing. They are more than happy with him. Nothing to do with money. Every club's players earn bags of money remember. Doesn't stop them working hard. Our lot showed we can do that.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think without doubt the OP is right in terms of atmosphere at the ground; if the crowd is united in supporting the team and buzzing, no matter what, it lifts the players and the crowd become the 12th man. I've seen it happen time and time again, often against us, with the away fans roaring their team on to an unlikely, unexpected or undeserved victory in terms of the football being played by their team. A game against Palace in the late 90s stands out for me: we were all over them, but their fans didn't stop chanting the entire game - a wall of noise that seemed to drain the spirit from our fans and at the same time push their players on to a victory that their play for most of the game did not merit.

If people want to moan, vent their frustration or add their perspective on here, they have every right to, especially if the football is poor. And by the basic tenet of that irksome word consumerism, they have every right to moan at the game, having paid for their ticket. But of course, that is not in the spirit of being a football fan. But there is a long-term malaise at QPR that has poisoned the atmosphere and I don't think it's recovered. I think it started when Tango and Cash hiked the ticket price by a huge amount, the moment we got promoted. That felt like slap in the face to me, having roared the team on all season and shared in that glorious promotion, that was the ultimate pis5ing on our parade.

The damage was done. The fan base demographic also changed when we got promoted - new fans, premiership bandwagon jumpers arrived. Then Warnock was sacked and a vital link to that glorious togetherness was gone. There was an upsurge at the end of Hughes first season, when we hit back v Liverpool and went on a run that just kept us up. But then he bought those pay-day players and it all went to 5hit. And we've never really recovered. Expectations were raised way too high by Tony Fernandes profligate spending and talk of a 40,000 seater stadium. Coupled with Harry's crab-like pragmatism last season and awful tactics then and now, you add all that together, and you get the vibe we have today - disgruntled and disaffected fans with no real heart for the fight.

So it will take something special to unite the fans again, to bring back that spirit, and I don't think you can blame the fans for not being able to provide that. More spirit and energy from the players and management team, allied with something like cutting the ticket prices would certainly help. Some kind of gesture. Something to bring the heart back to QPR.

Comment

But how can you make that assumption about them just because it is what you want to believe? Every interview and every time I have spoken to a player, they have shown huge delight at what Harry has been doing. They are more than happy with him. Nothing to do with money. Every club's players earn bags of money remember. Doesn't stop them working hard. Our lot showed we can do that.
                        praising the manager keeps you in the team

Comment

That burnley game done it for me. Diabolical performance . Came home gutted not just about the result but everything to do with the club and what we've become. Next day players twittering nonsense again. They couldn't care less

Comment

Our lot have shown that they can set new premier league records for losing. They have shown they struggle to retain possession of the ball. They have shown they find it difficult to string passes together, score goals, defend and maintain fitness levels. Working hard and giving 100% is a prerequisite of being a professional footballer and its the rest of it they are struggling with. Down to coaching? Down to players? but certainly not down to fans.

Comment

Our lot have shown that they can set new premier league records for losing. They have shown they struggle to retain possession of the ball. They have shown they find it difficult to string passes together, score goals, defend and maintain fitness levels. Working hard and giving 100% is a prerequisite of being a professional footballer and its the rest of it they are struggling with. Down to coaching? Down to players? but certainly not down to fans.
                              super post V

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                praising the manager keeps you in the team
                                Not if you do it one to one with a fan, especially when the manager is nowhere near. People are looking and searching for reasons as to why we aren't doing as well as we should and want to blame the manager, go for it, I will defend him because my opinion is the opposite of yours. But then making assumptions that players are unhappy when there has been no suggestion of the sort is a bit ridiculous. I have been told many times on here that I am clutching at straws by using stats. These statements about players having issues with managers without any proof whatsoever, this is clutching at straws.

Comment

Working...
                                X