This morning's Live Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    So you don't agree with any of my points?..

That there not 'outstanding'?? lol

I don't get the aiming higher comment?.. You guys accused me of having high demands of success yet you think the club are aiming at bigger signings!
    Most people don't want a bigger signing than Nahki Wells! I don't want a big complicated deal in January, someone whose hungry to come in easy for a couple of Mill would be fine!
    I agree that zamora isn't outstanding. I happen to rate johnson personally, I just think fitness wise he's a liability.

I haven't accused you of.aiming to high ive asked what more do you want from our current situation in the league? I think the club is aiming at a supposedly better standard of signing than Burnley or huddersfield are yes. I believe the deals we are trying to broker are more complicated as we will be dealing with bigger clubs and like I said previously a lot might be dependent on the other club getting other players in before they sell or Harry might think he can get a better deal nearer the end of the window. Plus multi million pound player deals take time to negotiate.
    All I'm saying it's not as easy or black and white.as.you make out to have a striker in pkace for the first of January.
    Ive agreed with you in the past about wells,.I think it's a signing that would of benefited us. But harry clearly didn't fancy him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
      .....hmmm..... tough one...... .....I think I know, but I can't answer - I don't smoke. What's the prize anyway?
      Kudos my friend
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
        The absolute state of this thread.....

Funny Deeps, aint it?

What I wouldn't give to see some of these sat round a table in the pub tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoweyR View Post
          Oh dear, another glib assumption. I would question the transfer policy over the past few years which has focused on taking risks with players who either didn't want to play for the club, or were a risk re. injuries. Austin is a gem, but he needs competition/support/replacement when injured, particularly playing 4-5-1. It was a relief to see the midfield moving the ball with greater pace and pushing up in the second half last week, however, as we had become too easy to close down prior to this and made the 4-5-1 system slow and predictable. I hope that targeted additions can be made now to maintain the push and we base the future on successful models for smaller clubs that we have all seen and noted. I hope we avoid past mistakes. Just an opinion of course.
          fair point about previous mistakes made. But how much was that down to Harry. He's signed Austin, Simpson, Phillips, ekotto, Carroll and Dunne this year and made us into a decent team. How many mistakes has he made this year?
          We have now won back to back games and imo people are still worrying about the blip at Xmas when we lost to two good teams.
          I do agree though a couple of.astute signings could really push us on.

Comment

• Lol its all fun and games.. we all support the same team at the end of the day.. unfortunately

Harry Out

Don't bite..............

Comment

• Let's clear something up.
              People keep saying we have missed out on Wells and how it might come back to bite us. We have not missed out on him because the manager didn't want him. It has nothing to do with him going to Uddersfield because he would have warmed the bench here - H even said, yes he is a decent player but not one on my radar - in other words the Manager didn't want him. I let him judge which players he wants and will suit his requirements. I don't tend to find favour with people whinging that we should get our business done on day one of the window and because we didn't it's time to start throwing from the pram. Anyone we may have been "in for" to date (and I'm not convinced we were regards Jelavic or Long) has moved inside the PL and was unlikely to drop to the Championship so you couldn't deem that to be "lost out" either.
              We are a Championship Club with designs on promotion so are probably looking for someone that WILL come and WILL make the next step also. That's not easy to find, certainly not on New Year's Day and there will be a lot of hard work to be done behind the scenes.
              Whoever we do or don't get, the noises out of the Club are that they are working on things and there's no reason to doubt that or to criticise if it hasn't happened within individual posters' expected time frames. Let's be honest, none of us knows the ins and outs of getting certain players in or out of the Club and that is point where the moaning should stop - we don't know, they do, they say they are working on it and they will do it if it is possible. If it's not, then so be it, the Manager is backing the players he has because, if needs be, they will be the ones charged with getting us promoted.
              Facts are facts and the most obvious one is that this and similar threads have turned this place into a school playground today. Make your points, but make them with grace, without offending each other and for goodness sake, at least have the moral fibre to say more than "my Dad's bigger than your Dad, all of you
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• The problem is why didn't Harry open his big mouth during the press conference this morning, so people could come on here and say why can't harry keep his mouth shut.

Comment

• "none of us knows the ins and outs of getting certain players in or out of the Club"

So are you saying those good people down at "Godfreys" are having us on ?.....Now i`m confussed.com
                  "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

• To be honest.. I've been in a bad mood all day..

Im blowing the Harry thing up just because for SOME REASON I cannot warm to the guy.. I don't like the glitz around him and all in all just don't trust him.
                    The team are doing brilliant, nothing against any of that.. I just think Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan Wally Downes deserve more credit than H.. They take training.

I honestly think Harry handles matchday and puts the odd arm around a player and that's about it.. I dunno, I just cant warm to him or believe the hype that ever has surrounded him..

Comment

• And on and on and on it goes

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        He ain't a god and I ain't particularly attached to him. Your the one who presumes so many of us are because we don't see the need to criticize him when he's doing a decent job .
                        I get frustrated we didn't try for wells and don't particularly enjoy our football we are playing at present. I air my opinions about the above as much as anyone but I also have the common sense to rationalize them and try to understand a little what Harry and the club are.trying to achieve.
                        To me it's clear Harry's got other targets and there's still 2 weeks to do business so I don't start panicking and I struggle to see how other posters haven't come to the same conclusion. On the footballing side I see Harry has worked on us retaining the ball, made us hard beat and play as a team. After last year I'm more than happy with the progress and where it's got us.this year and struggle to see how anyone else can't see the turnaround.
                        Spot on. There's only two games before the window closes and we aren't in dire straights to get someone in, so what is the rush. Then the loan window can be dipped into if all else fails once the Premiership side know of their final squads. It's better to get the right players in and not just someone for the sake of it. 6 points now aren't going to change our season when there's 63 points still to play for, though they will certainly help. Still think we should be strong enough for at least 4 points from the 6 available in Jan, hence what is the rush?
                        Last edited by Dazzer1977; 17-01-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          The problem is why didn't Harry open his big mouth during the press conference this morning, so people could come on here and say why can't harry keep his mouth shut.
                          Don't you just know it lol, he can't win .

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            To be honest.. I've been in a bad mood all day..

Im blowing the Harry thing up just because for SOME REASON I cannot warm to the guy.. I don't like the glitz around him and all in all just don't trust him.
                            The team are doing brilliant, nothing against any of that.. I just think Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan Wally Downes deserve more credit than H.. They take training.

I honestly think Harry handles matchday and puts the odd arm around a player and that's about it.. I dunno, I just cant warm to him or believe the hype that ever has surrounded him..
                            Now that is a very good and honest post.

Despite what you may think, I can relate to it too.

Comment

• Ten pages? Gotta read this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Ten pages? Gotta read this.
                                Summary:

Why do you love Harry so much, you happy clappy mug?

Why do you hate QPR, go and support Fulham?

Comment

Working...
                                X