Armchair fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
    If the discussion is about "off the ball" movement, this is a fair point. If it is about anything that happens on or around the ball, they do usually manage to capture that on TV. In fact, you probably get a much better view of it on TV, with the camera zoomed in to the action and slo-mo replays. Live, it is often unclear exactly what happened when the action is not close to you. Particularly if your seats are close to the pitch. I think we should say that for anything that happens at the school end, the opinions of those in the Lower Loft or the first 10 rows of RBlock don't count!
    I rarely watch televised matches simply because I get frustrated with the fact you cannot see what is going on off the ball. So much of what makes watching football entertaining is the action in the areas around the 10% shown on tv. Agree wholeheartedly about your last point by the way
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
      My take on this thread:

It's not about who goes to more games, its about those that don't go very often or not at all trying to argue a point with someone that is at most, or all games. We all know watching on the TV isn't the same as you can only watch what the camera shows you and don't see what players are doing (or not doing) off the ball.

Is it this that you take exception to Steve?
      Don't try and rationalize it son...... Steve cheers the oppo when they score and has come across as a bit of a c*** on this thread....that's it.

Comment

• When someone refers to Armchair Fans, its quite an insult on some that can no longer afford to maybe go to many games as have other commitments like Family etc
        I ain't been to LR for 2 seasons now, but love my club just as much as anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          When someone refers to Armchair Fans, its quite an insult on some that can no longer afford to maybe go to many games as have other commitments like Family etc
          I ain't been to LR for 2 seasons now, but love my club just as much as anyone else.
          Well at least they have an armchair.

Comment

• I love armchairs. I have a comfy recliner that has 3 positions. A position for each level of relaxation or stress.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              Well at least they have an armchair.
              Yeh, you could be so skint that you sold your furniture to enjoy last season and are now a carpet fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                I love armchairs. I have a comfy recliner that has 3 positions. A position for each level of relaxation or stress.
                Is it a Lazyboy?

Comment

Is it a Lazyboy?
                  Yes! Yes it is!

Comment

• One more thought....

A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees.

William Blake

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      I wish they had fu@king armchairs in the Ellerslie........
                      there should be an armchair on the pitch for zamora he must get very tired

Comment

When someone refers to Armchair Fans, its quite an insult on some that can no longer afford to maybe go to many games as have other commitments like Family etc
                        Very true. Not sure what Steve means by armchair fan as I didn't want to read all 12 pages, but is if you are an armchair fan if you only go to some games then I am one too.

I admire those that go to every game for their commitment and always will, but there is a difference between someone who still loves their club and what I would call an armchair fan, which is the Man U supporters all over the South that usually don't know who they are playing that day but then like to gloat about trophies and have never even been to see their team, but have all Sky packages.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

• Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                          Very true. Not sure what Steve means by armchair fan as I didn't want to read all 12 pages, but is if you are an armchair fan if you only go to some games then I am one too.

I admire those that go to every game for their commitment and always will, but there is a difference between someone who still loves their club and what I would call an armchair fan, which is the Man U supporters all over the South that usually don't know who they are playing that day but then like to gloat about trophies and have never even been to see their team, but have all Sky packages.
                          Basically he doesn't think anyone who wasn't actually at a game should comment on the performance.

Comment

Working...
                          X