Should Ian Holloway Be Sacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
    i agree there but he doesn't help the team out by playing them in a stupid formation and asking them to do stupid things. not to mention he also changes formation about 5 times a game until we end up with 4 up front and smithies at right wing.

we have a limited squad yes but we do have some good players in there thats for sure. ollie needs to play our best players and play to their strengths.
    smith up front? play with wingers and get crosses in.
    no width? play with a fullback and a winger.
    keep conceding? stop playing 3 at the back.
    conor being awful? drop him in favour of oteh, smyth or eze.

433, 442 or 4231 are all formations that would suit our players and team more than a poxxy 352 that changes 5 times a game until we score.
    Again, I agree with what you have written.

it's interesting that after going behind how he reverts to 4 at the back and as if by magic, the performance improves! Why not just try staring with that system and see how it goes?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Again, I agree with what you have written.

it's interesting that after going behind how he reverts to 4 at the back and as if by magic, the performance improves! Why not just try staring with that system and see how it goes?
      Because he's a stubborn old C U N T and thinks that just because he is paid to be manager he is right all the time when sometimes it takes a bigger man to admit when he's wrong and change it.

Comment

• Oh and it's SNOWWWWINGG

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          That's it exactly. It's a bigger picture thing for the owners and that would mean Ollie is safe, and also means Ollie shouldn't be sacked. We'd only be risking another knee jerk appointment, and ANOTHER manager we want out within a season. Unless we switch to the Watford just keep sacking and hiring till something sticks model, we have to sit tight.

I don't think Ollie should stay but the alternative at this point in the clubs general situation, is likely to be another poor appointment.
          and what exactly is the bigger picture with IH in charge of the team? They are not improving, they do not seem to be playing with any fluency, the youngters are not likely to develop under his coaching or management. What exactly do they get from him other than losing every other game , eratic displays, nonsensical tactical changes during games and dwindling attendances.
          Grand Job.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
            Till the end of the season, sure. However this cloud of financial pressure isn't going away in May. It's going to take longer. We all have the impression that TF is in this for the houses, and maybe the stadium. There's not going to be another cash injection.

Do we need it? No, i'm sure there are plenty of managers out there that could do the job here without money. Many would jump at the opportunity. But i cannot for the life of me see this board getting him in. If Ollie went, the replacement would not be the right one. They have done very little right since 2011, sure some of it maybe bad luck and trust in the wrong people. Ollie isn't great, he's a bellend sometimes, but he's our bellend for now, and we need to find ways of getting into his stubborn head that wingbacks don't work, rather than just saying sack him
            That is one of the biggest problems though, because he is such a stubborn head and he will not listen nor change his mind as he needs to prove that he was right. If you think he will change, then fine, but I doubt that you will find many who will agree.

Comment

• 6 disciples now voting for the same sh it we've put up with since his recarnation.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                and what exactly is the bigger picture with IH in charge of the team? They are not improving, they do not seem to be playing with any fluency, the youngters are not likely to develop under his coaching or management. What exactly do they get from him other than losing every other game , eratic displays, nonsensical tactical changes during games and dwindling attendances.
                Grand Job.
                Bigger picture in TF and the boards mind, houses, stadiums, not getting FFP fines. I think they are happy in the Championship till this off the pitch stuff comes to fruition then sell.

On the pitch, there's barely a polaroid picture Stan, i get that.

Comment

• Topper the houses bit I get but stadium no chance as you need a team to put in it and right now that pile of #### that turn up every week cannot justify or excite people enough to half fill it.

Comment

• Is the imaginary houses more profitable than that new prem money???

Comment

• No Kevin so the project for Fernandes is now off the field as he has failed on every single level since taking the reigns. Sporting project dead now all about OOC.

Comment

• Surely it would be cheaper and more profitable to get a top proven manager in. (Warnock when Cardiff sack him at the end of the season for instance) and then get us up next season?
                        It really is that simple, but its fpp that is stopping it cos we have done it enough times before and uncle bungle get out my club you fat carnt is richer now not poorer.
                        People just see what they want to see and it makes people on here so much happier to be unhappy.

Comment

• Not really Kevin. I was ok with the previous owners as mental as they were because they had a plan to build up the club get promoted then sell it on. Right now I cannot see a plan for QPR FC under Fernandes.

Comment

• Cos of fpp mate. Uncle has stopped cos we could be thrown down the leagues. Thats it imho.

Comment

• Fair enough and why does the club have it hanging over its head? Who sanctioned the boom and bust days??

Comment

• Yeah hes not blameless but it was a risk worth taking and one all the moaners were happy about when he was taking them.
                                Signing tons of players every window and being the main act on every sky sports transfer window night for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X