No announcement yet.

Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most important thing for a PM is to show good judgement. George Osbourne showed awful judgement when he talked of the budget that would follow an exit vote, and has destroyed his career. Gove could be the right person. If, in his meeting with Boris yesterday, Boris refused to confirm that he would invoke article 50, then Gove could be the right man to be the PM.

Comment

• May is meant to be strong willed. I think you need charisma and strength to be leader. I don't see both of those traits in any of candidates unfortunately. All candidates will respect the referendum result, so I wouldn't worry if person is Brexit or not. Looking at state of parties now, I think UKIP and Lib Dems would do very well in next election. See lib Dems being key part of a coalition government with Labour (if Corbyn goes) would be my bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        Gove is a smart chap but as a leader to represent us strongly at home and abroad? No thanks. Boris is a bumbling buffoon. Other 2 would be ok. Labour needs to sort itself out as need a strong opposition with reputable leader.
        At this time we need a diplomat, who at the same time can make decisions. I think he might be able to do this.

Guess he listened to his wife.

Comment

• What a twist.

Comment

• Boris not standing. Wow!

Comment

• Probably been offered a front bench role under Gove

Comment

• For what it´s Worth: Johnson and May are being discussed on Norwegian telly today. Theresa May seems to be a favourite amongst the "pundits" here.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  For what it´s Worth: Johnson and May are being discussed on Norwegian telly today. Theresa May seems to be a favourite amongst the "pundits" here.
                  Where was she during the Brexit debate? A non-committed Remainer? Do me a favour.

We need strong leadership in this country, not some flake without conviction.

Gove should get the top job, not against May being Deputy tho, but that's as far as she should go.

Comment

• Ok, point taken bakes8. But you will also need a person with a diplomatic charisma about him or her. May is not that type of person, I take? Ps. I will do a bit of reserch on Gove before I can comment on him...
                    Anyway, this is your debate
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• What a surprise Boris is not standing (not!). Cameron 1 Johnson 0. Johnson evidences why this was all about self-interest, and not the right decision for the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Ok, point taken bakes8. But you will also need a person with a diplomatic charisma about him or her. May is not that type of person, I take? Ps. I will do a bit of reserch on Gove before I can comment on him...
                        Anyway, this is your debate
                        Michael Gove is a Qpr supporter Shania. You can stop your research now

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                          What a surprise Boris is not standing (not!). Cameron 1 Johnson 0. Johnson evidences why this was all about self-interest, and not the right decision for the country.
                          ?? Cameron 1-0 Johnson?

More like Cameron 1-15 Johnson. Boris has effectively killed both Cameron and Osbornes careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            ?? Cameron 1-0 Johnson?

More like Cameron 1-15 Johnson. Boris has effectively killed both Cameron and Osbornes careers.
                            No, everything changed for Johnson when Cameron resigned and unexpectedly (but cleverly) passed the responsibility to invoke article 50 to the next Tory leader.
                            Boris isn,t stupid, the next Tory Prime Minister will go down in history as the one who pulled us out of Europe (especially if known as a leader of the leave campaign) and with the associated repercussions which will possibly last years before theyfully stabilise, knows we won't get what he promised. He'll be voted out of leadership as quickly as he was voted in, and he knows it full well. He might act the bumbling idiot but he isn't. But he was well and truly 'played' by Cameron here.
                            Last edited by Snaxo; 30-06-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Michael Gove is a Qpr supporter Shania. You can stop your research now
                              Ok, offcourse. That must count massively: As a fan he has first hand experience about how leadership should not be executed. Haha.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Where was she during the Brexit debate? A non-committed Remainer? Do me a favour.

We need strong leadership in this country, not some flake without conviction.

Gove should get the top job, not against May being Deputy tho, but that's as far as she should go.
                                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                                X