Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    it was the working class who got this over the line, because it was the down trodden working class that had to put up with all the downsides the EU brought
    You are correct. Them and older affluent Tories who wanted to give their leader a kick. One of the few good things that has come from this debacle as far as I am concerned is a realisation that the first group exist at all ( and vote ). Whilst out canvassing for in I encountered astonishing ignorance and hatred. Hopefully I understand that better, even though open racism is so offensive. The more the debate went on, the less they understood, so they returned to what their heart and upbringing told them. Ie blame the foreigners. For me this country has become a much more scary place. We desperately need a new form of politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      You are correct. Them and older affluent Tories who wanted to give their leader a kick. One of the few good things that has come from this debacle as far as I am concerned is a realisation that the first group exist at all ( and vote ). Whilst out canvassing for in I encountered astonishing ignorance and hatred. Hopefully I understand that better, even though open racism is so offensive. The more the debate went on, the less they understood, so they returned to what their heart and upbringing told them. Ie blame the foreigners. For me this country has become a much more scary place. We desperately need a new form of politics.
      On the flip side, so many millennials and remain voters automatically assume that vote out = you are racist. It's as ignorant as the Leave voters who chose leave because they dont like foreigners.

I voted out myself however I dont align myself with the views of Britian First and other far right groups who have a side I'm really not a fan of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Johnny, honestly this result has gone a long way to restoring my faith in democracy. I seriously am still in shock over this. I'm feeling a lot more positive and less cynical than before, and hope it lasts.
        Might have to explain that one to me Stanley......when you thought you would lose the vote we didn't have a true democracy yet when you get what you wanted......democracy is a wonderful thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
          Might have to explain that one to me Stanley......when you thought you would lose the vote we didn't have a true democracy yet when you get what you wanted......democracy is a wonderful thing.
          Getting the vote I wanted was irrelevant. It's that we got the result I'd have never predicted.

Comment

• This is the reason I voted out and it has nothing to do with immigration

Brexit Marks the Beginning of the End for the European Union

see more at
            http://www.cato.org/blog/brexit-mark...ampaign=buffer

Comment

Your own ignorance is just as offensive your making the asumption that out voters were either older affluent tories or racists I earn a large % of my income from foreign people yet voted out knowing I might take hit but saw it as for the betterment of the entire country manual workers office clerks shop assistants people from the north west country all over yet your view is I must be either old and well off or a racist , you made an earlier post on this thread about when the vote is over we can all forget what's been said and concern ourselves with QPR well now you haven't got the result you wanted that's gone out of the window , yeah go on democracy is wonderful thing but only when some get their own way

Comment

Obviously your canvassing didn't work. From your posts I can see why because you are becoming more and more offensive.

Comment

What form of politics would you recommend?
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• I like the one where people vote on issues that affect themselves.

Comment

• Interesting comments on Immigration.
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zdth6

As I mentioned earlier - Immigration was never an issue - just a read herring. I think Pinkie posted that I was talking rubbish. Sorry fella, I wasn't.

Non-EU immigration already exceeded EU immigration. The Gov had full control of non-EU immigration but (like previous Governments) chose not to control it - for a very simple reason - it's needed, and they know it.
                      When people complain that Immigrants are taking our jobs (completely untrue in most cases - we have the lowest unemployment for 10 years), and flooding our service (schools, housing market, NHS) - the answer is not to send the immigrants back, it is most of the time that more investment is needed in these areas. This is down to our own Gov.

The above comments back this up, effectively - there is actually no real intention at all to reduce immigration - only 'control it'. So if you did vote leave on that basis.. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                        What form of politics would you recommend?
                        The one where you agree with him or you're a racist and a bad person.

Comment

• Snaxo, the fat lady has sung, the United Kingdom has voted out.

And immigration was a significant reason why the majority voted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            The one where you agree with him or you're a racist and a bad person.
                            Yeah, about right Jim.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                              Snaxo, the fat lady has sung, the United Kingdom has voted out.

And immigration was a significant reason why the majority voted out.
                              Yes I know mate...I'm just saying that it 'aint gonna actually change much. So if people voted for that reason, they're not going to get what they thought they might. That's my point, I guess - that's all

Comment

• Only time will tell matey.

Comment

Working...
                                X