Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
    http://infacts.org/uk-doesnt-send-eu...-or-55m-a-day/

It stands to reason that the business benefits of being part of the EU outweigh the current 'membership' costs especially when you take into account we'd be paying just as much when outside of it for the right to trade with its member states, doesn't it?

Still waiting for your counter evidence to the contrary....
    You not expecting anybody to believe that nonsense are you, a party political rag on behalf of remain

have another go.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• I'm not expecting you to believe it mate - because your mind is 100% closed on the subject. Which is fine, it's personal choice ultimately. Facts however, are facts. Fortunately, it seems that the majority is starting to see those more clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        I've got the names of all you Quislings etched in my mind. When the gullible and frightened vote to Remain and the Germans make us pay for having the temerity of having this referendum. You and your ilk will be getting both barrels (metaphorically so to speak)
        Thanks Lymesie, for tarring anyone who votes Remain with the same brush. Of course we're all gullible and frightened, nothing to do with simply making what we believe is a rational choice. Should I, in return, brand everyone voting Out as a little England racist? No, of course not.

Comment

• http://ukandeu.ac.uk/wp-content/uplo...-Iain-Begg.pdf

Table 1 UK Treasury figures on the UK contributions to the EU budget

Gross payments of £17 Billion in 2015 then add in Turkey's £2.5 billion and the extras for our ecconomy doing well, that was £1.7 billion, so that's add to something like 20.5 Billion, roughly £55 million a day.

My mind is open old son.
          Last edited by cross it Dave; 21-06-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Looks like an interesting doc - i'll need to find some time to read it thoroughly.

Comment

• Snaxo, whatever the figure is, be it 50p, I don't want to give it to Juncker and co.

it would seem nobody knows the real figure, you want it low, I happy for it to be high.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                http://ukandeu.ac.uk/wp-content/uplo...-Iain-Begg.pdf

Table 1 UK Treasury figures on the UK contributions to the EU budget

Gross payments of £17 Billion in 2015 then add in Turkey's £2.5 billion and the extras for our ecconomy doing well, that was £1.7 billion, so that's add to something like 20.5 Billion, roughly £55 million a day.

My mind is open old son.
                I'm guessing you didn't read much of the document you posted, I just read a fair chunk of it. In many areas it basically indicates the UK gets a very fair deal on the EU. And it hi-lights that in many comparisons, our contribution to the EU on a per capita basis is quite trivial.

It ties up very well actually with the document I posted you dismissed out of hand before even reading.

This gives me the impression (and I'm not saying you do - I'm just saying it gives the impression) that you cherry pick media generated headline info to support the Brexit case without looking at the deeper facts beneath..
                It also gives the impression that despite stating you are open minded, you appear the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                  Snaxo, whatever the figure is, be it 50p, I don't want to give it to Juncker and co.

it would seem nobody knows the real figure, you want it low, I happy for it to be high.
                  I think the main point is do you want to pay this money to Europe or keep it in the U.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    I think the main point is do you want to pay this money to Europe or keep it in the U.K.
                    If we didn't have to pay it anyway (or a very large chunk of it) to continue to be able to trade with the EU if we left, it might make a more convincing point. But we will have to pay the majority of it...anyway. Unless we don't plan on trading with EU member states .....which is obviously inconceivable. So...explain to me the benefit of leaving the EU from that perspective.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                      If we didn't have to pay it anyway (or a very large chunk of it) to continue to be able to trade with the EU if we left, it might make a more convincing point. But we will have to pay the majority of it...anyway. Unless we don't plan on trading with EU member states .....which is obviously inconceivable. So...explain to me the benefit of leaving the EU from that perspective.....
                      I don't think we'll pay it to the EU. Most people voting for Brexit don't want to pay anything to the EU, so I think the government would have problems if they then said we were going to make a payment to the EU. Before we joined the common market we had special trade agreements with a number of countries (I don't recall whether they were free or not) but we didn't pay anything for these agreements. When we joined the EU we were forced to give us these agreements (which upset our friends in Australia and New Zealand). Why should trade agreements entail us paying out money? I think if the EU wants us to pay money to trade with other EU countries, these countries are likely to trade with us anyway, with the threat that they will leave if they are not allowed to do. The EU will avoid another referendum at any cost. Sweden is already indicated they would follow us if we leave the U.K. Nobody knows exactly what will happen if we leave, but paying money to the EU to trade with them won't happen. After all there are around another 110 countries we can trade with

Comment

• Why do people think we will have to pay more money to trade with European companies?

Does anybody seriously think that BMW, Mercedes or VW to name just a few from one industry, would allow their UK exports to be put in jeopardy by their own government? I suppose some people may be gullible enough, but fortunately, I've yet to meet one.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Why do people think we will have to pay more money to trade with European companies?

Does anybody seriously think that BMW, Mercedes or VW to name just a few from one industry, would allow their UK exports to be put in jeopardy by their own government? I suppose some people may be gullible enough, but fortunately, I've yet to meet one.
                          The theory is based on the fact that the EU won't want other countries within the EU seeing how easy it is to leave and prosper. Otherwise they will all call for referendums and that will be the end of the EU. They may seek to make an example of us to warn off other countries from leaving. Basically take an economic hit in return for maintaining the survival of the EU (which I assume is their main prioirity). Whether you subscribe to that theory or not is up to you, we will soon find out. Both arguments make sense to me

Comment

• Mr Cox given prime main terrestial channel news time to mourn his wife and urge people to vote remain in her loving memory.
                            Also a complete media blackout on the Calais riots going on right now.
                            Sorry to say this, but the whole country's media is making sure it's a remain vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Mr Cox given prime main terrestial channel news time to mourn his wife and urge people to vote remain in her loving memory.
                              Also a complete media blackout on the Calais riots going on right now.
                              Sorry to say this, but the whole country's media is making sure it's a remain vote.
                              Makes sense mate. You have the Murdoch owned outlets cranking up the leave vote (the sun for example) and you have the more government influenced outlets spinning for the remain vote. Could bore you with althusser's theory on ideological state apparatuses but we will save that for another day

Comment

• Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                                What a silly thing to say. Inflammatory and over the top . There is no war, and, if sanity prevails on Thursday, we will be much safer and more secure sorting things out together. With any luck it will be the last hurrah for Farage and his foul, poisonous nonsense too. Oh, and up the R's and come on England by the way. Oh, and well done Wales.

yes we would be soo much safer if we ever have another war with us infiltrated lol,you couldnt make it up really why didnt winston churchill think the same way these idiots cameron n co and there sheep followers think,we`d of been much safer when there was world wars
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X