Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
    The company I work for is made up of people. People are our asset. We're a Services business. The ability for people to move freely to work across the EU is hugely beneficial. It's beneficial for the company, yes, but also for those people.
    The lack of red tape compared to using people outside the EU is phenomenal. This benefits our customers hugely (and you'll deal directly with many of our customers in one way or another) and keeps costs down. Which keeps your costs down. So, most likely, even if you don't see it directly...it might well benefit you.

& thats it in a nutshell,keeping costs down cheap labour,im for filling our jobs here with british people unless theyve been here for years anyway! people should be paid handsomely for good work,i always pay well for good workers and show my appreciation to them by paying them abit more than normal,& would prefer that any day compared to someone from abroad as cheap as i can! for me thats another reason this countries down the pan with greed!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• I'm not talking about people costs - I'm talking about admin costs!

If you want large companies like mine to bring people costs down - then vote leave - and we won't have to abide by EU employment directives - made to protect workers !!!
      This is what scares me the most on this (no offence Pinkie - it's a very complex subject and I for one am not an expert - but I know enough for it to be clear cut to me) - badly or uninformed people getting to vote on an issue that affects our future so intrinsically.

Comment

Pinkie I'm sure you are well intentioned - but wtf are you on about? We don't do much trade with other EU countries?

In 2015, 44% of the UK’s goods and services were exported to the EU, while 53% of our imports came to the UK from the EU.

In the same year, UK exports to the EU were valued at £223.3 billion, while UK imports from the EU stood at £291.1 billion.

Will there be more jobs around? You do realise that we have THE LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT for 10 years right now, right? Which means that vast majority of incoming EU folks are just getting a job and becoming a productive member of society (often doing key skill jobs, and clearly paying their taxes).

Quite a lot of the people who have left the UK to go to the EU (around 2 million) are apparently the 'older generation'. So let's exit Europe, send all these young working folks back where they came from and bring all our old folks back. That'll be great for the economy and the NHS won't it!! Ok I'm getting a bit carried away but you get the point! ;-)

No need to come that tone with me snaxo! so you dont think theres any foreigners out there working filling jobs that are getting paid cheap cash in hand?? bit naive to say the least on youre part! and even the ones who are paying taxes,you dont think any of there hard earned is getting mostly sent straight back to their countries? so therefore not getting spent here! on unemployment figures lol,so filling cheap labour from abroad is helping get the figures down,also people being forced into working in cheap paid jobs as the governments forced their hands with stopping benefits,also years ago unemployment figures involved 16-18 year olds,but they cant sign on now,so theres a huge chunk off the figures aswell! cant be bothered to go on,you crack on with youre cheap as chips labour,i prefer to look after good workers by paying them more as appreciation of what a good job they do for me!

Comment

• Anyway I'll get the sack if I don't get back to work

It's good to talk on this as it's so important. Ultimately it's up to each of us to make a personal decision - I just urge people to base it on as much (discernible) fact that they can. The challenge is uncovering actual fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            No need to come that tone with me snaxo! so you dont think theres any foreigners out there working filling jobs that are getting paid cheap cash in hand?? bit naive to say the least on youre part! and even the ones who are paying taxes,you dont think any of there hard earned is getting mostly sent straight back to their countries? so therefore not getting spent here! on unemployment figures lol,so filling cheap labour from abroad is helping get the figures down,also people being forced into working in cheap paid jobs as the governments forced their hands with stopping benefits,also years ago unemployment figures involved 16-18 year olds,but they cant sign on now,so theres a huge chunk off the figures aswell! cant be bothered to go on,you crack on with youre cheap as chips labour,i prefer to look after good workers by paying them more as appreciation of what a good job they do for me!
            No offence meant chap

Yes there are situations where those things are happening - of course. Will that stop if we leave the EU...nope.

Comment

No offence meant chap

Yes there are situations where those things are happening - of course. Will that stop if we leave the EU...nope.

it wont stop obviously,but alot of them wont be here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                it wont stop obviously,but alot of them wont be here!
                Not so sure mate. Could take up to 2 years to remove people (if that actually happened) and a fair chunk of the people you are referring to may not have been from the EU to start with...

Comment

• On the question of youth unemployment, the current figures are around 13.2%. Before we joined the common market, youth unemployment was around 4%. There were fewer young people around at this time but the majority of young people started work at 15 or 16. They perhaps did not earn much, but the majority were learning a skill which put them in good stead for the rest of their working lives.
                  Last edited by jmelanie; 20-06-2016, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    On the question of youth unemployment, the current figures are around 13.2%. Before we joined the common market, youth unemployment was around 4%. There were fewer young people around at this time but the majority of young people started work at 15 or 16. They perhaps did not earn much, but the majority were learning a skill which put them in good stead for the rest of their working lives.
                    Isn't that due to the fact that the government allowed older people to work beyond retirement age to avoid paying out pensions? And the numbers of youth unemployed are roughly equal to the numbers of older people who haven't retired and are still working?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                      Isn't that due to the fact that the government allowed older people to work beyond retirement age to avoid paying out pensions? And the numbers of youth unemployed are roughly equal to the numbers of older people who haven't retired and are still working?
                      Are you talking about now or in the 70s. In the 70s I'm not sure that people retired at any specific age (my grandfather retired on his 80th birthday) and if they did they didn't receive very large pensions.

Comment

• Youth unemployment is due to companies not wanting to train young people when they can get the ready made article from the EU for not a lot more wages

Comment

• Loads of conspiracy theories and it really does look like the death of Cox has swung the vote back to being a remain verdict.

https://youtu.be/Z0ivR-i1hTU

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/06...killed-jo-cox/
                          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-06-2016, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Loads of conspiracy theories and it really does look like the death of Cox has swung the vote back to being a remain verdict.
                            That's true. Not all Brexiteers are Nazis but all Nazis are Brexiteers. That makes people think which group they would want to be identified.

Comment

• You seen this article on Cox claiming she was a wrong un?

https://m.facebook.com/notes/uk-open...69598206487348
                              Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-06-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                You seen this article on Cox claiming she was a wrong un?

https://m.facebook.com/notes/uk-open...69598206487348
                                I saw that Kev......but you must remember that the article was written by a c#nt..

Comment

Working...
                                X