The Insider, QPR Rickson, qpr4life & Hitman34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Once re-opened, have a look what then happened.
    And I must take my share of responsibility for this. There were calls for the original thread to be moved to a new slug-out thread, which I agreed to do - hence why the thread re-opened once moved. Of course in hindsight I would never have done so, having seen the unanticipated result of that action.
    Last edited by Stanley; 02-08-2015, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      And I must take my share of responsibility for this. There were calls for the original thread to be moved to a new slug-out thread, which I agreed to do - hence why the thread re-opened once moved. Of course in hindsight I would never have done so, having seen the unanticipated result of that action.
      Not your fault in the slightest mate. Totally down to people behaving in the usual senseless manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Actually, no, I won't remove it.

What I have done is ban you for 48 hours which is fully deserved.

If during that period, you PM me an acceptable apology for your pathetic behaviour, I won't make it a permanent one.

Down to you. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
        So you get into a row with Hitman. Such things happen. But why is he banned? How is your doing this being a good mod? He has to apologise to you? In a way that is acceptable to you? Otherwise, for being rude to you, he may be permanently banned? Unless, in a row between two people, he grovels? Acceptably?

What is Hitman's present status? This, I think, really isn't on, you know. Bygones should be let be bygones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          So you get into a row with Hitman. Such things happen. But why is he banned? How is your doing this being a good mod? He has to apologise to you? In a way that is acceptable to you? Otherwise, for being rude to you, he may be permanently banned? Unless, in a row between two people, he grovels? Acceptably?

What is Hitman's present status? This, I think, really isn't on, you know. Bygones should be let be bygones.
          77, Have seen your PM.

I will reply to that very shortly.

In the meantime, could I please ask that you drop the subject. You really aren't helping his cause.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            77, Have seen your PM.

I will reply to that very shortly.

In the meantime, could I please ask that you drop the subject. You really aren't helping his cause.
            That last sentence really isn't necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

That last sentence really isn't necessary.
              I'm not happy with the way Brighton is going about this 77, as you can see.
              But I'm willing him to do the right thing. Even after the comments I've made towards him
              I'm hoping he'll do what I think is the right thing. Part of my anger towards him was my surprise he's behaving this way.
              The last sentence as you say is very strange.

Comment

• What Brighton is saying is let us sort this out please.

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                  What Brighton is saying is let us sort this out please.
                  Ok

Comment

• One of the biggest chores for any mod is trawling through the pages of meaningless nothingness to ensure that things get merged and move to the right place and that threads/posts conform to the rules. No one notices it because a lot of it is done while you are out playing, sleeping and generally living your lives. Moderation is often dull and certainly not the power trip anyone suggests. We all work full time, some of us work for ourselves and/or run demanding businesses. We are also entitled to our own lives as we have families and other commitments. I can't speak for anyone one else but I also follow Rangers home and away all season - the great thing about that is I never have to read the match day threads and moderate the rantings on there

Point is, whether we are posting/debating on the live threads or not (and I rarely do during close season because I was once taught that if you haven't got anything good to say don't say anything at all) the admin team is always working hard behind the scenes as a voluntary role. Work, family, health and personal life gets in the way (sorry about that) so no particular individual will necessarily be available instantly to resolve things and we have to discuss issues sometimes before they can be put right.

You are all grown adults and it would be a far more harmonious place (and easy to moderate) if you acted as such but unfortunately, some people have bad days (including admin) and others just want to feel a bit special (certainly not admin).

MYU has been doing this for a lot of years, goes through a wide range of emotions trying to keep this site as good as possible and has invested a huge amount of his personal time and effort in to making things work - we help where we can and the majority of the members do so also but we sometimes have to make decisions that are best for the board and cannot be dictated to by posters who don't see the bigger picture without being appraised of the entirety of the facts.

The season starts in less than one week, it won't be straightforward and no doubt there will be times when we all want to vent - that's fine, but keep it real and within the boundaries of forum is all I ask
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Dunno about all that, I just enjoyed banning people
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Dunno about all that, I just enjoyed banning people
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Thanks for efforts in past Stan you were b loody good

Welcome back to the world of free speech, s ex, drugs and rock and roll

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            Dunno about all that, I just enjoyed banning people
                            Thats cause you're a ?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              One of the biggest chores for any mod is trawling through the pages of meaningless nothingness to ensure that things get merged and move to the right place and that threads/posts conform to the rules. No one notices it because a lot of it is done while you are out playing, sleeping and generally living your lives. Moderation is often dull and certainly not the power trip anyone suggests. We all work full time, some of us work for ourselves and/or run demanding businesses. We are also entitled to our own lives as we have families and other commitments. I can't speak for anyone one else but I also follow Rangers home and away all season - the great thing about that is I never have to read the match day threads and moderate the rantings on there

Point is, whether we are posting/debating on the live threads or not (and I rarely do during close season because I was once taught that if you haven't got anything good to say don't say anything at all) the admin team is always working hard behind the scenes as a voluntary role. Work, family, health and personal life gets in the way (sorry about that) so no particular individual will necessarily be available instantly to resolve things and we have to discuss issues sometimes before they can be put right.

You are all grown adults and it would be a far more harmonious place (and easy to moderate) if you acted as such but unfortunately, some people have bad days (including admin) and others just want to feel a bit special (certainly not admin).

MYU has been doing this for a lot of years, goes through a wide range of emotions trying to keep this site as good as possible and has invested a huge amount of his personal time and effort in to making things work - we help where we can and the majority of the members do so also but we sometimes have to make decisions that are best for the board and cannot be dictated to by posters who don't see the bigger picture without being appraised of the entirety of the facts.

The season starts in less than one week, it won't be straightforward and no doubt there will be times when we all want to vent - that's fine, but keep it real and within the boundaries of forum is all I ask
                              blah blah blah........reinstate hitman....he never stepped beyond the boundaries, and while you're about it try even handedness

Comment

• Many thanks for all the kind messages here and on the mods thread - I am genuinely touched, and a little surprised. I was hoping to slip quietly out of the back door but it seems I haven't been allowed to.

I must also wholeheartedly endorse Bluehoop's post above.
                                Last edited by Stanley; 03-08-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X