X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Stanley is still a mod ain't he?

Yeah I can see how much of a chore it can turn into
    No he isn't and I can't blame any of them wanting to go back to a normal poster.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Stanley is still a mod ain't he?

Yeah I can see how much of a chore it can turn into
      No, I'm not; and yes it turned into a real chore in the end. I'll be far happier just returning to being an ordinary poster again.

On the positive side, I am proud to have created this slug-out section, as I think it's improved the forum a lot. Overall, with the exception of the last few days, it's brought mods and posters closer together, and means that bans, warnings and infractions are very rarely needed anymore. More importantly than that, its benefited relations between posters on the whole, so at least I can bow out in the knowledge I've done a bit of good, and brought some light-hearted fun and relief to the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        No, I'm not; and yes it turned into a real chore in the end. I'll be far happier just returning to being an ordinary poster again.

I am proud to have created this slug-out section though, as I think it's improved the forum a lot. Overall, with the exception of the last few days, it's brought mods and posters closer together, and means that bans, warnings and infractions are very rarely needed anymore. More importantly than that, its benefited relations between posters on the whole, so at least I can bow out in the knowledge I've done a bit of good, and brought some light-hearted fun and relief to the place.
        You've done much more than that and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          You've done much more than that and you know it.
          Understatement - Even after Stanley stood down last night, he was online to the early hours making sure everything was Ok & even made some recommendations for his replacement.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
            Understatement - Even after Stanley stood down last night, he was online to the early hours making sure everything was Ok & even made some recommendations for his replacement.
            That's correct he did, just goes to show it's not a power thing at all like some think. It's the passion and wanting what's best for the site we all use, all the moderators are the same.

Comment

Fair play to anyone who steps up to Be a Mod, a thankless task !!!
              From the Hills of Kerry
              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

And great work Stanley !!!
                From the Hills of Kerry
                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Stan don't do this, your good at it and the slug fest section was superb ', rethink please mate

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    Look I know with my patience,kindness,understanding nature, combined with my people skills make me the next cab off the rank.....but unlike
                    Chaz Austin I'm not available .....please stay stanley

Comment

• i Feel a bit guilty now. I sincerly hope that my provoked(by others) "Ms Taraabt" moment didn´t lead to this resignation. Anyway, this site has got it´s best poster back. Stanley is number one, Weare number two.
                      Last edited by Shania; 02-08-2015, 05:25 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        No he isn't and I can't blame any of them wanting to go back to a normal poster.
                        I've pm'd stanley and will stand by what i said to him

Comment

• Stan needs to rethink and blue hoop is a great mod who needs to get involved more imo

Comment

• Thanks for everyone's kind words, it's very much appreciated. I'll return to being a normal poster as I'll be happier that way....which in turn will bring the best out in me....which in turn will be of benefit to everyone else....so it's a win-win for all concerned, right? ....apart from for those who are happy I've stepped down of course

Shania and Dave, thank you for the kind messages, and please rest assured that it was nothing to do with either of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                              All a big pathetic this isn't it. Makes me laugh when phrases like "power will go to your head" is spouted. Is being a mod on a football forum power? My parents would be so proud if I became one and I would have the choice of ladies as well.

I suggest a lot of you should grow up and you take things too seriously on here. As for banning Hitman I think it is a shame. I disagree with pretty much everything he says but from what I saw he did nothing wrong.
                              Some of the posters should have been banned permanenty, thats the problem.
                              Last edited by Shania; 02-08-2015, 05:48 PM.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Thanks for everyone's kind words, it's very much appreciated. I'll return to being a normal poster as I'll be happier that way....which in turn will bring the best out in me....which in turn will be of benefit to everyone else....so it's a win-win for all concerned, right? ....apart from for those who are happy I've stepped down of course

Shania and Dave, thank you for the kind messages, and please rest assured that it was nothing to do with either of you.

Good. Thanks!!
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X