QPR Vs Sunderland Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Why oh why do we have still have that prat EL Khayati playing at some point in every game?
    He was shi-te and how he wasn't subbed I'll never know. Apart from his corner for the goal he did nothing of any use.

I wanted him subbed snd replaced by Polter, so that he could partner Sylla with Wszolek and Washington on the flanks. This would have helped put pressure on the Sunderland defence at a time when they would have been chasing the game.

JFH blew that game.

Kakay was getting caught out quite a few times and Washington was dropping deep to help out, yet he gets subbed for Luongo and within moments they score from an attack down that flank.

I meant Hamalienen not Kakay. He had a good game.
    Last edited by stanistheman; 21-09-2016, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Swear I read that if we have a go in games but still lose nobody will moan.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Shows the fickleness of football fans. Teams can score without strikers, with one striker or with 2 strikers. At the end of the match, what matters more, how many goals your striker scores or how many your team scores.
        Today, tactics were spot on, selection was great, football was good. Luck was on their side.
        How can you say selection was great with El Khayati in the team? He is a shocking player to have starting the role he was given. What did he create? He kept on playing the wrong pass or missing it completely.
        His corners (apart from the goal) were so bad that Sunday football players would have been embarrassed about.

How can you say luck was on their side? What good luck did they have and what bad luck befell QPR?
        Moyes got his substitutions correct and JFH got his wrong.
        Oh, and the football wasn't that good, just a lot better than the usual crap dished out in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Swear I read that if we have a go in games but still lose nobody will moan.
          Yep I read that too, in the Huddersfield thread I believe. Didn't believe it then either
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Sunderland were there for the taking and thanks to some substitutions that took place - and those that never took place - QPR lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              How can you say selection was great with El Khayati in the team? He is a shocking player to have starting the role he was given. What did he create? He kept on playing the wrong pass or missing it completely.
              His corners (apart from the goal) were so bad that Sunday football players would have been embarrassed about.

How can you say luck was on their side? What good luck did they have and what bad luck befell QPR?
              Moyes got his substitutions correct and JFH got his wrong.
              Oh, and the football wasn't that good, just a lot better than the usual crap dished out in the league.
              El K was the only legitimately poor player today and frankly, for the sake of rotation it made sense to start him, just think he should have come off. Other than that, I thought everything was fine tactically.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                El K was the only legitimately poor player today and frankly, for the sake of rotation it made sense to start him, just think he should have come off. Other than that, I thought everything was fine tactically.
                Agree fully. What has happened to him though, I mean he was never wow, against Swindon I thoight he played well but he has got worse and worse. His shot in the second half was terrible, like really bad. There are no tricks anymore nothing.

Comment

And you believed that?
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                    Agree fully. What has happened to him though, I mean he was never wow, against Swindon I thoight he played well but he has got worse and worse. His shot in the second half was terrible, like really bad. There are no tricks anymore nothing.
                    I think he's better as a sub, has zero stamina and doesn't have the passing vision of a number 10. I'm gonna try and write something up about this tomorrow, but I thought best players on the night were Kakay and Sandro, worst were Cousins and El K. Thought Hamaleinen played basically as a third centre back at times and CW really left him exposed with his lack of closing down, when Wszolek came onto the left, he looked much more comfortable. CW did a lot of running, didn't do a lot else though. Cousins ran hot and cold, making a good run for example only to take too long to do something and waste the chance. Also lost the ball under pressure wayyy too much. Luongo should be there against Birmingham alongside either Sandro if fully fit or Ariel. Luongo came on and made a phenomenal tackle on the left side, took some beautiful touches and ran forward. The kid is gold to us, we need him and Chery on point.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Gave it a go but ultimately proved we are a below average Championship side

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        Sunderland were there for the taking and thanks to some substitutions that took place - and those that never took place - QPR lost.
                        Sunderland controlled the tempo and picked us off after our fitness levels disappeared around 65 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Sunderland controlled the tempo and picked us off after our fitness levels disappeared around 65 minutes.
                          Didn't think this in the slightest. The match was very back and forth, every 5 minutes prior to the goal, the chances would switch teams. They beat us on fitness and inexperience at full back. First goal was Sandro ball watching and a frankly unlucky bounce off Caulker, probably because he isn't fully match fit. Second goal was Niko's inexperience. He'll learn and get better. But Sunderland definitely weren't in control. We looked just as comfortable as them on and off the ball. Didn't really feel that threatened by them in the first half at all to be honest. Felt our centre backs were extremely solid and Sandro and Cousins did well defensively.

Comment

• Nas, Explain what fine tactically means when we have got best 2-1 at home?

Comment

• Lots of players out there last night who were either making full debuts or have barely played for us this season. If people cant pick positives out of that then I give up.

Still firmly in the jfh out camp as I think the bloke is clueless. Hopefully Saturday he will realize he needs to play his best players, in their best positons and attack to win, otherwise its the chop.

Comment

• I think aside from the el kayahti waste of space, the squad is pretty good. With right manager we could have a promising season.

Comment

Working...
                                X