RIP Super Ray Wilkins

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    RIP

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Wonderful player. RIP. Ollie was brilliant about him Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Very sad news. Great player for us, always had nice things to say and came across as a genuinely decent bloke.

RIP

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Great for QPR as a player.

A class act. RIP Ray

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    very sad news - R.I.P Ray

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Sad day. Rip ray great player

Leave a comment:

• lymehoop
    replied
    Rest in Peace young man

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Sad news

RIP Ray

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Oh ####in hell, Ray has died, RIP Ray , thanks for the memories

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    Rest In Peace Ray!

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Ollie on Wilkins

Offered him a magnificent tribute as well as best wishes for his recovery at the end of his remarks in the Norwich game on the official. Classy. As you'd expect of Ollie, mind.

Leave a comment:

• Qprinswindon1
    replied
    Hope Ray pulls through. Was a great player for us. Not so great manager but a gent all the same..

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    if you were ever in the lower loft back in those days, when defending a corner, Ray would often take up the front or back post positions.

while waiting for the corners to be delivered, he'd always have a bit of banter with us behind the goal. a thumbs up, a wink or a smile, and on 1 occasion, "shouted sing up boys"

really hope he pulls through.
    Thing that always sticks with me Hits, is the sort of matey vibe you had with the players back then. Dont know if its just cos i was a Rs fan, but always felt sort of close to the players because they cared- i know that sounds soft but its true imo.

Remember seeing Wilkins and Co doing a pre match warm up back in the day and A.Impey booting the ball up in the air and the ball fall straight down and hit Wilkins perfectly straight on top of his head... he obviously got a big sarcastic cheer from the fans, but always remeber him patting the top of his head saying something along the lines of, at least I got me head on it... haha, genuine couldnt give a fark about the chelski connection. Proper Rs favourite imo!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X