X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Very well observed applause prior to kickoff. Rays brothers and (I think) sister were in attendance.
    That link I've posted above was the video package shown on the big screen, so do check it out if you couldn't make it last night.

Some nice words from Sinton at half time as well.
    Thanks Norths really brought a tear to my eye.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    Very well observed applause prior to kickoff. Rays brothers and (I think) sister were in attendance.
    That link I've posted above was the video package shown on the big screen, so do check it out if you couldn't make it last night.

Some nice words from Sinton at half time as well.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    https://youtu.be/hwcZbeQzTZM

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
    Usually the home side organises this, as he never had any affiliation with Hull..... Expect us to do something appropriate next home match. As for not showing respect by being hammered
    Already announced that we will be doing our own thing tomorrow Herts.

It's just a bit pathetic when there's already dozens and dozens of threads slagging the Club off that he has to do it on this thread as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hertford Hoop
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Shame we didn't manage to pay tribute on the park. Getting bent over by relegation candidates and given a good seeing to doesn't show much respect. Butch would probably have expected it from our lot mind.....
    Usually the home side organises this, as he never had any affiliation with Hull..... Expect us to do something appropriate next home match. As for not showing respect by being hammered

Leave a comment:

• Bluehoop
    replied
    Shame we didn't manage to pay tribute on the park. Getting bent over by relegation candidates and given a good seeing to doesn't show much respect. Butch would probably have expected it from our lot mind.....

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    I don't suppose they intended to lose like that mate so hardly not showing respect is it. What about what Olly had to say about Ray. Plenty of respect there wasn't there?

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    A great send off all over the country. Respect.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    A great send off all over the country. Respect.

Leave a comment:

• vespa
    replied
    Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    My own personal memory of Ray was at Gavin Peacocks testimonial.
    At that time in my life I was drinking heavily every day and had a huge beer belly to show for it as well.
    Asked Ray to sign the shirt I was wearing, and his comeback was.. Do ya want me to sign the match ball underneath as well!!
    Legend or not , it sounds a s hitty thing to say .

Leave a comment:

• MYU
    replied
    Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
    I'm glad he got to say his piece, even on the radio people have been phoning in and telling us their own story about Ray, normal people that he didn't even know and the homeless. Amazing man and wish their were more like him this world.

Thank you for all the wonderful memories and I'm one of the lucky ones who got to see you play live.

You'll be sadly missed.

RIP Ray Wilkins

Leave a comment:

• HoopDoggyDogg
    replied
    My own personal memory of Ray was at Gavin Peacocks testimonial.
    At that time in my life I was drinking heavily every day and had a huge beer belly to show for it as well.
    Asked Ray to sign the shirt I was wearing, and his comeback was.. Do ya want me to sign the match ball underneath as well!!

Leave a comment:

• HoopDoggyDogg
    replied
    Lovely Story from Nigel Quashie..
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...-1-4718907/amp

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Remember the game well. I was 13

It was a foggy cold day and he was unreal. I was actually in the palace end with my mate and his dad who were palace fans. He said he’d never take me again and he kept his promise (thank Christ)
    Brilliant wasn't it mate. I was in our bit but we were baiting the palace fans it was so one sided. Happy days.

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    Anyone hearing Talksport this morning? With the ex-soldier who rang in with the story about Ray giving him £20? Bloody hell.

Legend thrown around too often these days, he was a legend, regardless of who he played for and for how long.

Top bloke that any kid getting into the game now or in 20 years should know and have as a role model on professionalism.
    Heard it this afternoon. Lump in the throat kinda story not ashamed to say

Leave a comment:

Working...
X