Are we simply rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    You're right Richard. It is certainly not a matter of doom mongering, simply a clear analysis of the CURRENT situation.

We have been dreadful, particularly defensively, although our conversion of very presentable chances has been woeful too.
    There is no getting away from the FACT, that we are bottom and deserve to be. The amount of people who have lost all faith in Hughes appears to be growing with each passing game. They were not calling for him to go last season, despite his atrocious record. They were not demanding his dismissal after the humiliating debacle against Swansea. But some people need to at least acknowledge how bad things actually are, before defending the indefensible.

I would imagine that had we gone down last season, with a far inferior squad of players and if the amount of investment had not taken place, then most of us would have been quite philosophical about the situation, albeit disappointed. But our owners, with the gratitude of nearly all our fans, have invested many millions of pounds to improve our position. They have invested in projects for the long term viability and sustainability too. That is of course, in addition to appointing a supposedly good manager on a high salary. Allowing him to assemble quite a large team of people who he trusted and wanted to bring in. He has been backed in bringing in players who most of us could only have dreamt about a couple of years ago, through not just one, but two transfer windows. And quite frankly, the results so far have been nothing short of a disgrace. I can't see how anybody could disagree with that.

What I would quite like to see, if as it would appear, our fantastic chairman is continuing to provide his support and backing, is for the manager to demand a fans forum of some type. An opportunity for him to explain properly, what he thinks has been the problems and what he proposes to do about it, with an explanation of why it has been allowed to get to this stage. For him and the players to at the very least acknowledge how shockingly bad they have all performed as a whole to date and at least give the impression that they are bothered and are going to put it right. Because all we have had since Hughes has come in is the usual tired rhetoric and nonsense spouted by all failures. How difficult it is to win Premier League games. How it takes time to gel. How all the players respect Hughes and that the club is heading in the right direction. I can tell those players for nothing that their compasses are broken and we are not. Dave Sexton was a "proper manager", not Hughes; he didn't need all this time to deliver bugger all. We are a quarter of a way through what could end up being the most important season we are ever likely to endure. The potential consequences of his continued failure are unthinkable.

Personally, on balance and taking into account the relative amount of money he has spent, the players he has been allowed to bring in, the time he has been given and the backing he has received from the board, I think it is pretty obvious to anyone who has been around long enough, that so far, Hughes has been the worst performing manager we have ever had. And it is high time he did something about it. Like everyone else, I hope he can turn it around, but if things have not significantly improved by the beginning of December, then he should be sacked.
    Couldn't have put it any better. Well said.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Good post Brighton; would love there to be a fans forum so some of these questions can be answered, but I am not holding my breath.
      Lack of passion is the number 1 issue; the fact that A.T. comes across as the most positive player at the moment, does beg the question; wtf is the rest of the team thinking?
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        You're right Richard. It is certainly not a matter of doom mongering, simply a clear analysis of the CURRENT situation.

We have been dreadful, particularly defensively, although our conversion of very presentable chances has been woeful too.
        There is no getting away from the FACT, that we are bottom and deserve to be. The amount of people who have lost all faith in Hughes appears to be growing with each passing game. They were not calling for him to go last season, despite his atrocious record. They were not demanding his dismissal after the humiliating debacle against Swansea. But some people need to at least acknowledge how bad things actually are, before defending the indefensible.

I would imagine that had we gone down last season, with a far inferior squad of players and if the amount of investment had not taken place, then most of us would have been quite philosophical about the situation, albeit disappointed. But our owners, with the gratitude of nearly all our fans, have invested many millions of pounds to improve our position. They have invested in projects for the long term viability and sustainability too. That is of course, in addition to appointing a supposedly good manager on a high salary. Allowing him to assemble quite a large team of people who he trusted and wanted to bring in. He has been backed in bringing in players who most of us could only have dreamt about a couple of years ago, through not just one, but two transfer windows. And quite frankly, the results so far have been nothing short of a disgrace. I can't see how anybody could disagree with that.

What I would quite like to see, if as it would appear, our fantastic chairman is continuing to provide his support and backing, is for the manager to demand a fans forum of some type. An opportunity for him to explain properly, what he thinks has been the problems and what he proposes to do about it, with an explanation of why it has been allowed to get to this stage. For him and the players to at the very least acknowledge how shockingly bad they have all performed as a whole to date and at least give the impression that they are bothered and are going to put it right. Because all we have had since Hughes has come in is the usual tired rhetoric and nonsense spouted by all failures. How difficult it is to win Premier League games. How it takes time to gel. How all the players respect Hughes and that the club is heading in the right direction. I can tell those players for nothing that their compasses are broken and we are not. Dave Sexton was a "proper manager", not Hughes; he didn't need all this time to deliver bugger all. We are a quarter of a way through what could end up being the most important season we are ever likely to endure. The potential consequences of his continued failure are unthinkable.

Personally, on balance and taking into account the relative amount of money he has spent, the players he has been allowed to bring in, the time he has been given and the backing he has received from the board, I think it is pretty obvious to anyone who has been around long enough, that so far, Hughes has been the worst performing manager we have ever had. And it is high time he did something about it. Like everyone else, I hope he can turn it around, but if things have not significantly improved by the beginning of December, then he should be sacked.

Comment

Good post Brighton tbf. (Although we're not bottom of the league- just ;) )

In my opinion, we have the makings of a good team which has been exceptionally poor and exceptionally unlucky in equal amounts. I'm yet to hear anyone put forward a viable replacement that will mean we're not looking for another manager in 12-18 months.

Almost every thread and post covers the same stuff, but no one has an answer or a solution (other than Redkanpp, which IMO isn't the answer).

So, we sack Hughes now- what next??

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
            Good post Brighton tbf. (Although we're not bottom of the league- just ;) )

In my opinion, we have the makings of a good team which has been exceptionally poor and exceptionally unlucky in equal amounts. I'm yet to hear anyone put forward a viable replacement that will mean we're not looking for another manager in 12-18 months.

Almost every thread and post covers the same stuff, but no one has an answer or a solution (other than Redkanpp, which IMO isn't the answer).

So, we sack Hughes now- what next??
            That has also been my dilemma; as bad as MH comes across, I can't think of a suitable replacement for the long term.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

more worried about short term i.e. premiership survival this season. Not many managers out there who could be doing any worse than hughes with the current crop of players we have.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                more worried about short term i.e. premiership survival this season. Not many managers out there who could be doing any worse than hughes with the current crop of players we have.
                That's the thing. We've got some very good players in our squad, the likes of Taarabt, Faurlin, Granero, Hoilett, Cesar, etc. and we shouldn't be in this position. If Hughes is replaced, the new guy will inherit a talented squad. I asked elsewhere, but if Pardew or Moyes had this group, would we be second from bottom? I doubt it.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

But can we get Moyes or Pardew? No

So who do we get??

I'm not purposely trying to come across awkward btw- just tired of talking about the problems over and over. Anyone that watches us can see the issues..

But who or what is the answer???

Comment

So who do we get??

I'm not purposely trying to come across awkward btw- just tired of talking about the problems over and over. Anyone that watches us can see the issues..

Phil Brown doing the half time team talk. In the centre circle, miked up.

Comment

[QUOTE=brightonr;963004] What I would quite like to see, if as it would appear, our fantastic chairman is continuing to provide his support and backing, is for the manager to demand a fans forum of some type. An opportunity for him to explain properly, what he thinks has been the problems and what he proposes to do about it, with an explanation of why it has been allowed to get to this stage. For him and the players to at the very least acknowledge how shockingly bad they have all performed as a whole to date and at least give the impression that they are bothered and are going to put it right. Because all we have had since Hughes has come in is the usual tired rhetoric and nonsense spouted by all failures. How difficult it is to win Premier League games. How it takes time to gel. How all the players respect Hughes and that the club is heading in the right direction. I can tell those players for nothing that their compasses are broken and we are not. Dave Sexton was a "proper manager", not Hughes; he didn't need all this time to deliver bugger all. We are a quarter of a way through what could end up being the most important season we are ever likely to endure. The potential consequences of his continued failure are unthinkable. [QUOTE=brightonr;963004]

My local club, Toronto FC have been dreadful since they came into existence 7 years ago and 2 years ago we really put the pressure on management for a similiar thing! The club eventually obliged and had what they called Town Hall meetings with the supporters groups albeit after the season ended! It was a good forum for people to ask questions and vent some anger but not much good came out of it other than more cider being sold at more kiosks! The club gave the standard answers that they were working to get better and we will improve and in fact changed managers only for us to set a record for futility in MLS the last two seasons! I'm not saying a forum won't work, I caution people not to have too high of expectations if there ever was one however!
                      Last edited by gator; 06-11-2012, 06:04 PM.
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

So who do we get??

Anyone that wants Hughes out fancy having a stab at this???

Comment

Anyone that wants Hughes out fancy having a stab at this???
                          There never is an answer to this question, you are quite right.

To the poster who says "no one cd do worse" many said that about magilton - then we got hart.

To the poster who said we have spent so much money, depending on what figures you believe some say west ham and southampton for instance spent more in the last transfer window.

To the poster who said we only signed players no one else wanted, does "no one else" mean Man Utd or Chelsea etc? Because if so of course we couldn't sign them. There was massive competition for Hoilet, am sure Granero would have been fought over if other clubs were alerted to his availability, etc etc.

Agree about the defence being hopeless in personel and organisation and am also frustrated about team selections/ substitutions but still far from convinced that sacking the manager is going to improve anything - instead it could well make us more of a laughing stock and disillusion all the players Hughes bought.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            There never is an answer to this question, you are quite right.

To the poster who says "no one cd do worse" many said that about magilton - then we got hart.

To the poster who said we have spent so much money, depending on what figures you believe some say west ham and southampton for instance spent more in the last transfer window.

To the poster who said we only signed players no one else wanted, does "no one else" mean Man Utd or Chelsea etc? Because if so of course we couldn't sign them. There was massive competition for Hoilet, am sure Granero would have been fought over if other clubs were alerted to his availability, etc etc.

Agree about the defence being hopeless in personel and organisation and am also frustrated about team selections/ substitutions but still far from convinced that sacking the manager is going to improve anything - instead it could well make us more of a laughing stock and disillusion all the players Hughes bought.

Agreed!
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X