Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
    Defensively we are not Matty.
    Yea I agree (should have elaborated on my comment tbf). But how anybody can say the players like Granero Cisse Ale Park Tarbs Hoilet Diakite etc "arent good enough for this league" baffles me. I appreciate we are in a $hit position right now theres no argueing that but we have some right doom mongers attached to our clubs that love to be over dramatic.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Thank God we are not on an international break at the moment
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        Ridiculous? Look at the table, look at our form, look at our away record. We are 19th in the table because we're not winning football matches, and if we continue as we are, we're going to get relegated. Being 'quite good at times' hasn't got us many points has it? Being 'quite good at times' has got us how many wins? I count zero.

Do the maths. I did. At current rates we're on for 15.2 points for the season. Anyway, if you'd read the context of my post instead of trying to look clever, I was trying to point out that we are in a terrible position right now. We've not won a game this season and we're in trouble. Anyone who thinks it's all rosy in the garden at the moment needs a reality check.

Tell you what. Let's all shut up as there's 84 points left to play for. You obviously seem to think one win and we're on our way. It'll take a bit more than that to convince me and plenty of others.
        pot-kettle-black.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Yea I agree (should have elaborated on my comment tbf). But how anybody can say the players like Granero Cisse Ale Park Tarbs Hoilet Diakite etc "arent good enough for this league" baffles me. I appreciate we are in a $hit position right now theres no argueing that but we have some right doom mongers attached to our clubs that love to be over dramatic.
          These players are good players, but they're not functioning as a team. Ask yourself why that is. Why do you think people are getting the hump when they see good players not working as a team? Nothing to do with doom mongering. It's because they care about what's going on, and many of them have suffered watching the team get relegated before. I was in LU when we beat WHU in 96 but we went down that day. Was one of the worst footballing days I've ever had and I don't want to experience that feeling again.

For me, this season has got the feeling of 96 written all over it. Played good football then but couldn't win games.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Damage has been done and Hughes has ****ed a quarter of the seasons points away so far. This time last year we was on 12 points with a more balanced (better?) team and we only just survived thanks to other teams results. Hughes's sides dont win more than 3 or 4 away games a season and i reckon will we be lucky to do even that. Are we going to win most of our home games to get enough points to survive? the way we are playing i think not. So somethings got to change...either we win a game and gain confidence and it all clicks under Hughes or we change manager and see if the players will play for a new guy because they certainly arent playing for Hughes.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              Damage has been done and Hughes has ****ed a quarter of the seasons points away so far. This time last year we was on 12 points with a more balanced (better?) team and we only just survived thanks to other teams results. Hughes's sides dont win more than 3 or 4 away games a season and i reckon will we be lucky to do even that. Are we going to win most of our home games to get enough points to survive? the way we are playing i think not. So somethings got to change...either we win a game and gain confidence and it all clicks under Hughes or we change manager and see if the players will play for a new guy because they certainly arent playing for Hughes.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

all about opinions matty, and at the moment we are not good enough for this league!

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
                  all about opinions matty, and at the moment we are not good enough for this league!
                  in your opinion presumably.

Comment

Youre right, I apologise for me comment tbf pal, bit knee jerk on my part. Being abit of an optimist (overly so!) it winds me up seeing so much pessimism. Although it shouldnt as we are in a right $hit state alot of it is pretty understandable. Different strokes for different folks I spose, I personally think Hughes is the man to turn it around and I have seen enough this year so far to want to stick with him. For now.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      in your opinion presumably.
                      yeah and many others!!!

Comment

yeah and many others!!!
                        I know I know!!

Comment

Youre right, I apologise for me comment tbf pal, bit knee jerk on my part. Being abit of an optimist (overly so!) it winds me up seeing so much pessimism. Although it shouldnt as we are in a right $hit state alot of it is pretty understandable. Different strokes for different folks I spose, I personally think Hughes is the man to turn it around and I have seen enough this year so far to want to stick with him. For now.
                          i too would stick with him for now!!

Comment

I'm not sure if we are total rubbish as we do have a handful of decent indiviuals but as a team I think most of us over estimated our quality! There were moments against Man City and Spurs when I thought this team might be OK but as the season progresses I just think we have the wrong mix of players and every type of team knows how to take us apart!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1574[/ATTACH]

HA!! Exactly what I thought mate.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                                These players are good players, but they're not functioning as a team. Ask yourself why that is. Why do you think people are getting the hump when they see good players not working as a team? Nothing to do with doom mongering. It's because they care about what's going on, and many of them have suffered watching the team get relegated before. I was in LU when we beat WHU in 96 but we went down that day. Was one of the worst footballing days I've ever had and I don't want to experience that feeling again.

For me, this season has got the feeling of 96 written all over it. Played good football then but couldn't win games.
                                You're right Richard. It is certainly not a matter of doom mongering, simply a clear analysis of the CURRENT situation.

We have been dreadful, particularly defensively, although our conversion of very presentable chances has been woeful too.
                                There is no getting away from the FACT, that we are bottom and deserve to be. The amount of people who have lost all faith in Hughes appears to be growing with each passing game. They were not calling for him to go last season, despite his atrocious record. They were not demanding his dismissal after the humiliating debacle against Swansea. But some people need to at least acknowledge how bad things actually are, before defending the indefensible.

I would imagine that had we gone down last season, with a far inferior squad of players and if the amount of investment had not taken place, then most of us would have been quite philosophical about the situation, albeit disappointed. But our owners, with the gratitude of nearly all our fans, have invested many millions of pounds to improve our position. They have invested in projects for the long term viability and sustainability too. That is of course, in addition to appointing a supposedly good manager on a high salary. Allowing him to assemble quite a large team of people who he trusted and wanted to bring in. He has been backed in bringing in players who most of us could only have dreamt about a couple of years ago, through not just one, but two transfer windows. And quite frankly, the results so far have been nothing short of a disgrace. I can't see how anybody could disagree with that.

What I would quite like to see, if as it would appear, our fantastic chairman is continuing to provide his support and backing, is for the manager to demand a fans forum of some type. An opportunity for him to explain properly, what he thinks has been the problems and what he proposes to do about it, with an explanation of why it has been allowed to get to this stage. For him and the players to at the very least acknowledge how shockingly bad they have all performed as a whole to date and at least give the impression that they are bothered and are going to put it right. Because all we have had since Hughes has come in is the usual tired rhetoric and nonsense spouted by all failures. How difficult it is to win Premier League games. How it takes time to gel. How all the players respect Hughes and that the club is heading in the right direction. I can tell those players for nothing that their compasses are broken and we are not. Dave Sexton was a "proper manager", not Hughes; he didn't need all this time to deliver bugger all. We are a quarter of a way through what could end up being the most important season we are ever likely to endure. The potential consequences of his continued failure are unthinkable.

Personally, on balance and taking into account the relative amount of money he has spent, the players he has been allowed to bring in, the time he has been given and the backing he has received from the board, I think it is pretty obvious to anyone who has been around long enough, that so far, Hughes has been the worst performing manager we have ever had. And it is high time he did something about it. Like everyone else, I hope he can turn it around, but if things have not significantly improved by the beginning of December, then he should be sacked.

Comment

Working...
                                X