Are we simply rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we simply rubbish

A proportion of our fans believe we have a talented squad that shouldn't be in the position we are and either MH will turn it around or a new manager will simply come in, do a bit of tinkering and some motivation and we will improve with the squad we have.

I feel bad to say it but I just think we are rubbish. The squad is not only poorly balanced but weak. Much of this is the responsibility of this is our transfer policy and regrdless of what Phil Beard says, he must take responsibility.

We cannot score in amounts to worry the other team, our defence cannot deal with the majority of forward lines that attack us and our midfield doesn't appear to assist our forwards or defence in any way and is generally physically weak.

I know MH gets criticised for being unable to change games but just looking at the bench, simply shows up how weak we are with no players of quality to turn games round.

We have a few quality players dotted round the pitch but this isn't school football, premiership football requires much more than that.

We have accumulated players that no one else wanted, lots of the english players are injury prone or simply not wanted by their previous clubs and our foriegn signings save for Cesar were only really known within their respective clubs.

Watching us sometimes reminds me of those donkey sanctuaries. More sad than anger.

I know posters have said we have been unlucky with results and should have won certain games but I'm not sure, it's swings and roundabouts to me. We drew with Chelsea and Everton but both those clubs weren't on fire when they turned up. If certain teams lifted their game against us we could easily have been turned over with big losses, even reading should have been clear of us in the first half. I just think we deserve to be where we are.

I also cannot see how we can turn it round, last season was chaotic and lady luck and not consistency got us through, we were awful away but managed somehow to win games at home in the run in. This season we are simply rubbish most of the time.

I know some say it will all change but how? this team IMHO can't put one result together let alone consecutive results. Also what's not to say all the teams above us will not step up a gear as the season goes on.

It is a very worrying time and Im not generally negative but today I feel I need to express my views and I'm not happy at saying it. It reminds me of when I was young, a summer before A levels, I fell in love, she did things that I had only seen on Quadrophenia. Amazing I like my love for QPR thought it had no boundaries. I couldn't accept a bad word against her, she was everything.

However by September I accepted my mates were right and she was pig ugly and generally not a nice person and smelled.

Accepting what you don't want to accept sometimes gives you inner peace.

we are not good enough for this league, especially defensively.
    relegation almost certain.

Comment

"we have accumulated players noone else wanted" - i make you spot on there.

when we did enter into a tussle for a top player we were unable to convert into a transfer - Dawson for example.
      Other big names were on the way out of their clubs anyway.

Say the only players we have with raw talent are Faurlin, Taarabt and Grenaro.

With Cisse - he's still a great striker. Give the ball to him at his feet in the box and he'll make the goaly work/score. Prob is he/players still think he's got pace so tries to play the offside line (always caught out) or is given a through-ball 10 yards too far. Bar that, he is our only other "game changing" player.

As for the rest, put it all together and you had a less than average football team.

Comment

if we have bought badly, and we have, then surely the buck most stop with the man who bought them and molded a woefully lopsided and inadequate squad? If Hughes isn't the one buying the players then I have some sympathy as he faces an impossible task (and i feel this may have been the case with Ceasar and perhaps Grenaro - which might say something though as they are two of our better players), but you cannot argue that the majority of signings have been 'Hughes-esque' and scattergun at best and resemble the work of a man who had absolutely no plan and pressure from above to spend money.

You can put the blame on several people for an approach which is rather immature and probably quite a good example of a well-meaning new owner with more enthusiasm than sense, but at the end of the day, Hughes is not new to this, he understands football and yet from the outside at least, it appears he was way off

Comment

I think we have a better squad than our league position shows. We are shocking at the back because we are disorganised and no one knws their role properly. That is training ground, coaching, managing etc.

Do you think we would be bottom is Sir Alex was the manager? I don't.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Hughes does it have a great track record in transfers, just look at the £160 odd million he spent at Man C. They had some outrageously expensive flops, though Mancini has done better with many of Hughes signings and what does that tell you. We have bought like kids in a sweet shop who can't reach the top shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsididitagain View Post
              if we have bought badly, and we have, then surely the buck most stop with the man who bought them and molded a woefully lopsided and inadequate squad? If Hughes isn't the one buying the players then I have some sympathy as he faces an impossible task (and i feel this may have been the case with Ceasar and perhaps Grenaro - which might say something though as they are two of our better players), but you cannot argue that the majority of signings have been 'Hughes-esque' and scattergun at best and resemble the work of a man who had absolutely no plan and pressure from above to spend money.

You can put the blame on several people for an approach which is rather immature and probably quite a good example of a well-meaning new owner with more enthusiasm than sense, but at the end of the day, Hughes is not new to this, he understands football and yet from the outside at least, it appears he was way off
              Good post mate. You have to wonder about our squad and transfer policy. For example, when assessing players, does the management look at a players injury history? If it had, there's no way Dyer or AJ would've been signed. Would we have preferred Ephraim or another LB? Did the management make a good enough effort to solve our defensive weaknesses when, after ten games, we have a -11 goal difference? Should we really have gone with just three recognised strikers?

Never mind, In Hughes We Trust......
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                I think we have a better squad than our league position shows. We are shocking at the back because we are disorganised and no one knws their role properly. That is training ground, coaching, managing etc.

Do you think we would be bottom is Sir Alex was the manager? I don't.
                Isn't that just how bad we are if our only positive is that we might be ok if Sir Alex was our manager. It's like saying my struggling post office down the road might thrive if Richard Branson ran it.

Moon = cheese

Comment

in August 2011 Football 365 made a comment about QPR after our defeat away to Wigan about a premier league side fielding Clint Hill at centre back and that this could only lead one way... In august 2012, QPR were still fielding Clint Hill at centre back.

If website hacks and 99.9% of fans were concerned a year ago about our defensive frailties and nothing has changed, then you have to wonder just what the club have been up to during a 12 months where we have brought over 11,000 new players to the team, yet failed to recognize one clear fault in the squad (among others..) that was obvious a year ago.

I know we tried (how hard?) to bring in Michael Dawson, but really we needed to try much harder to address this glaring issue

dont get me started on our striking options....

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsididitagain View Post
                    in August 2011 Football 365 made a comment about QPR after our defeat away to Wigan about a premier league side fielding Clint Hill at centre back and that this could only lead one way... In august 2012, QPR were still fielding Clint Hill at centre back.

If website hacks and 99.9% of fans were concerned a year ago about our defensive frailties and nothing has changed, then you have to wonder just what the club have been up to during a 12 months where we have brought over 11,000 new players to the team, yet failed to recognize one clear fault in the squad (among others..) that was obvious a year ago.

I know we tried (how hard?) to bring in Michael Dawson, but really we needed to try much harder to address this glaring issue

dont get me started on our striking options....
                    So, what about our striking options?

Comment

Man for man our team against quite a few others you would say we are better? are we a better team than them NO ! we are not playing as a team. Our defence is awful Huhes really needs to get grip on them? Midfield ok hopefully now Cisse has scored he might start notching a few goals other than that Cisse much more of a goal threat than Zamora A.J. injured really lightweight in the striker Department. I think Hughes has the next 2 games. If not dont know how long T.F. can hold his nerve for this would be the worst year to be relegated due to the new money deal in the prem

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        Man for man our team against quite a few others you would say we are better? are we a better team than them NO ! we are not playing as a team. Our defence is awful Huhes really needs to get grip on them? Midfield ok hopefully now Cisse has scored he might start notching a few goals other than that Cisse much more of a goal threat than Zamora A.J. injured really lightweight in the striker Department. I think Hughes has the next 2 games. If not dont know how long T.F. can hold his nerve for this would be the worst year to be relegated due to the new money deal in the prem
                        this is what worries me too.

Comment

My positivity will not be allowed in this thread I guess

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                            My positivity will not be allowed in this thread I guess
                            you can post your opinion where you like mate this is a forum after all.

Comment

Guys, have no fear.....

IN HUGHES WE TRUST.......

Comment

Working...
                              X