QPR as a business model...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Will M View Post
    Then why do Manchester United and Arsenal get 35% and 40% of total revenue from matchday overturn, if it's so unimportant? That's a hefty statement to make, and Id like to see something to back it up.
    Will first. The thing is that Man U didn't have to move (c/w more debt) to achieve a decent gate and can bank on sell outs. Neither applies to us and MU still have massive levels of debt. Deloitte is just one surce re EPL income streeam predictions, where does that 40% come from? As regards Arsenal, the move hasn't helped them in the market, the very point I've been banging on about.

Rich, the new stadium will be one of several multi purpose stadia within 25 miles of wherever it happens to be (assuming its within the M25) . It will have 'multi purpose' competition from day one. Secondly multi purpose suggests to me a loss of the intimacy of LR which I think helped us survive last season. I personally dont want an identikit, corporate, multi purpose stadium.

Small is beautiful again, its the way to go, and it will be a financially stable model as long as EPL status is retained. There's more chance of doing that with a decent squad than a big stadium - and a decent squad in a small home is no longer a contradiction in terms. The Emirates is an example of how such a move can bring its own problems.

It seems to me that some people resent any suggestion that anyone involved in the corporate side of the club may not be 100% altruistic. I think that is a tad naive.
    Last edited by hal9thou; 26-07-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      Will first. The thing is that Man U didn't have to move (c/w more debt) to achieve a decent gate and can bank on sell outs. Neither applies to us and MU still have massive levels of debt. Deloitte is just one surce re EPL income streeam predictions, where does that 40% come from? As regards Arsenal, the move hasn't helped them in the market, the very point I've been banging on about.

Rich, the new stadium will be one of several multi purpose stadia within 25 miles of wherever it happens to be (assuming its within the M25) . It will have 'multi purpose' competition from day one. Secondly multi purpose suggests to me a loss of the intimacy of LR which I think helped us survive last season. I personally dont want an identikit, corporate, multi purpose stadium.

Small is beautiful again, its the way to go, and it will be a financially stable model as long as EPL status is retained. There's more chance of doing that with a decent squad than a big stadium - and a decent squad in a small home is no longer a contradiction in terms. The Emirates is an example of how such a move can bring its own problems.

It seems to me that some people resent any suggestion that anyone involved in the corporate side of the club may not be 100% altruistic. I think that is a tad naive.
      Ok, we will have to agree to disagree. I don't believe our future lays in an 18,000 seater stadium competing in the biggest league in the world that will be used 20/365 days of the year. A stadium which cannot satisfy demand for season tickets, and a stadium that is cramped and has poor facilities.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

N/M.
        Last edited by Will M; 26-07-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

N/M
          Last edited by Will M; 26-07-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X