QPR as a business model...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Franky Boy View Post
    what do you mean the money it genarates or what? how much it costs?
    How much it is worth. Because if we build a new stadium, we can sell Loftus Road to help finance the cost.

Comment

ahhhh so loftus road is the 3rd most expensive stadium in england?

Comment

what do you mean the money it genarates or what? how much it costs?
        No we mean the location. W12 is very valuable landwise, Fulham is the most valuable plot, second is Chelsea and 3rd is QPR with loftus road. They would all love our plot in W12 believe me. Also we are in the best Catchment area and also in one of the most expensive, its perfect for growing a football club.

Why do you think Al Fayad got involved with Fulham? it wasn't out of love, but because he knows we won't lose money as it will always be valuable no matter what.
        It is the same deal with the Mittals and Fernandes, they got involved because they know we will always have a recession proof asset in w12 plus a fantastic location.

If we were like Crystal Palace and didn't own our own stadium (ie. lease) then they wouldn't had got involved. QPR has a lot of potential, it can and will grow to be a bigger club someday.

Comment

No the actual land is worth the money.

Comment

right got it, cheer lads, not really good with this financial stuff lol :p

Comment

Let me give you a clue,

Houses in Newcastle, Norwich, Stoke, Burnley etc all dropped in value by 40% becuase of the location. W12 London has gone up 15%. Thats why investing in London has always been a safe bet. We have just purchased a valuable plot of land in Warren Farm for our new state of the art training factilities, we are pushing for a new stadium to generate future income, and we are marketing ourselfs well in the far East. Trust me we are going the right way mate.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                Let me give you a clue,

Houses in Newcastle, Norwich, Stoke, Burnley etc all dropped in value by 40% becuase of the location. W12 London has gone up 15%. Thats why investing in London has always been a safe bet. We have just purchased a valuable plot of land in Warren Farm for our new state of the art training factilities, we are pushing for a new stadium to generate future income, and we are marketing ourselfs well in the far East. Trust me we are going the right way mate.
                Exactly mate
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                  4. Asia as others have mentioned is crucial, in South Korea we sold 250,000 shirts with the name Park stamped on the back. That is great business.
                  My math is rusty but that should make what, 10 million just for the shirts sold? That is shrewd business. We could also buy a Chinese player, his shirt sales will probably cover the cost of building a new stadium?
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    what is our business model? Do we even have one? How will we be able to support ourselves without a steady intake of money from the board? Is there a loan in place from investors? Will we have a vast debt owed to an investor? where is all the money coming from as TF is not that rich? Mittal?. TF is getting all the adulation and plaudits from the fans but who is the real investor? All looks rosy short term but what about 3 -5 years down the line? How will we self sustain ourselves? 35k stadium is not going to be that easy to fill in a city with 5? other prem sides and i hope TF realises that no matter how well he markets it if theres not enough football fans/tourists to go around theres no one else to fill it.

am i worrying just for the sake of worrying as everything looks too good to be true ??? :-)
                    Am I right in saying its not just Fernandes and the Mittals? TF always refers to two other guys when talking about deals that are being made. Although I can't remember their names..
                    Barton is Innocent ok....

Comment

Originally posted by mat72 View Post
                      Am I right in saying its not just Fernandes and the Mittals? TF always refers to two other guys when talking about deals that are being made. Although I can't remember their names..
                      One of them is called Ruben & a QPR Player interview with Ruben will be on the official tomorrow according to the media boys on twitter
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by mat72 View Post
                        Kamarudin Bin Meranun

&

Ruben Emir Gnanalingam

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          Kamarudin Bin Meranun

&

Ruben Emir Gnanalingam
                          sound foreign...

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            sound foreign...
                            Malaysian, same as Tony.

Comment

There are some really important plus points for us financially which opposition supporters do not get. So instead of bracketing us with financial injections which have been successful they see us in terms of Portsmouth. They also ignore the very substantial hand of the Mittal family and the lack of debt.

However, there is potential for concern. This mainly relates to the structuring of any deal which involves leaving LR, because that may well imply some debt and we should know who is liable, just in case. Is the club and club business ring fenced in this scenario or not? It is also worth bearing in mind that for reasons discussed at length elsewhere, there is a case for a great deal of caution regarding a move. To my way of thinking its a real shame that LR can't be redeveloped, since that would be less risky.

Comment

can somebody explain to me quickly how the club isnt in debt :( im having an arguement with a fulham fan who is persuaded we have debt

Comment

Working...
                                X