No announcement yet.

Name 3 Strikers That Will Score 18 Plus In The Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have the best and most creative midfield we have had for yonks-all that creativity will go to waste without someone to get on the end of it and capitalise-a big,strong selfish,confident striker-it's what we are crying out for.

Comment

• People looking at this thread would think pete is the chairman of QPR the way he is going on. The thing is I think the powers that be think the same and after 6-7 games when we have proberly thrown away 6-8 points because of lack of finishing ability, JM will be sacked for another puppet to try to get the best out of the flops GP has supplied the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        People looking at this thread would think pete is the chairman of QPR the way he is going on. The thing is I think the powers that be think the same and after 6-7 games when we have proberly thrown away 6-8 points because of lack of finishing ability, JM will be sacked for another puppet to try to get the best out of the flows GP has supplied the club.
        spot on mate

Comment

• Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          agreed HH was missing sitters, have no dispute with you on that.#

We could go through strikers records with a fine tooth comb and see many strikers have poor runs, Keane, owen, Croouch the list goes on.

Back to Cureton, he scores what 6-7 goals for us?? then gets 23 in one season for Colchester United. HH has similar profile to Furlong and look what happened.

I do wish fans would not have chanted for us to sign him up, when he came in on loan. Many did, now those same ones are saying how s.hite he is.
          i sure even now furlong would score the chances heider missed.

there is no excuse. many strikers do have poor patches. many would correct themselves during the season. heider has had even more than that he has had a full pre season. a chance to wipe the slate clean but no we have seen more of the same. exept now he is giving less. when he was caught offside on saturday while strolling back like he couldn't give a flying **** summed it up for me.

Comment

• Pete, it is defying all the known logic in the footballing universe to suggest that teams without a feared striker, if not two, are going to win anything. It just doesn't happen.

Fergie already had Rooney, Winker and Tevez in his squad, but what did he do? Went out and bought Berbatov. Why do you think he bothered to do that, particularly when all four were unlikely to ever start in the same team?

It's all very well having attacking midfield options, but particularly in home games they'll often have to get past TEN outfield players before they get anywhere near a sight of goal.

Strikers don't do that. They play on the shoulder of a central defender, maybe two, and rely on their guile, skill and anticipation to get free of those two defenders. Once they do that, they often only have a vulnerable keeper to beat from close in.

It isn't the sort of position that you can learn to play in five minutes, and it's why strikers are paid the most money and cost the most money, because their contribution to their team WINS FOOTBALL MATCHES, and over a course of a season WINS THEIR TEAMS TROPHIES.

The **** aren't the same without Drogba. Liverpool ain't the same without Torres. #### haven't been the same without Henry. Opposition teams FEAR THESE PLAYERS.

HH may have the odd day, so may Vine, Balanta, Taarabt etc. Blackstock had his days too, but none of these guys are feared by opposition defences. Fear is built up by seeing a player win games or turn games on their own time and time again, not by continually being associated with after match comments like "well, on another day...".

I understand the owners have put a lot of money into the club but the job of getting us out of this division, as far as the playing squad goes is about 90% done. What will be the cost in lost opportunity by not putting that final 10% into place?
            Last edited by Bernie's Barnet; 11-08-2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• top post mate

Comment

• Bernies very good post.

No guarantees on who that would be, thats all I am saying. That final 10% could be tarrabt, it could be HH it could be Beckford it could be someone else, we just don't know and tend to live for the current point in time.

I had the same argument last season when Gorkss was ripped to shreads by Billy Sharp who scored a hat-trick for Sheffield United. He never scored a goal again and Gorkss went from strength to strength. Put simply, we just don;t know what will happen
                ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

• Why do you alwys come back with if my 'aunti had bollovks she would be my uncle posts'. Every person who reports on Qpr, commentates on Qpr and watches qpr, say Qpr needs a top striker to compete, but GP and your good self don't, as you have faith that the shower we have will come good. How you can contine your ramblings is beyond me, but I guess you get a hard on out of it.
                  Last edited by paulmason; 11-08-2009, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• The point i think most of the people on here are trying to make, is not that our current strikers dont have the ability to score goals, it's simply that they are not CLINICAL enough.

Im sure if you play Helguson every week he WILL score you goals, however, on current form and based on last season, he needs about 5-6 chances to score 1 goal, which simply ISNT good enough.
                    Will change my user name to half full when QPR give me reason too...

Comment

Working...
                    X