Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This The Worst QPR Season For 10 Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
    I'll be glad when the curtain finally falls on this season.
    Apart from a few games here and there, I haven't enjoyed this season at all.

As for the premier league, I won't ever be in such a rush to get there, as I was in the recent past.
    I will, of course, celebrate wildly if we win the Championship, but premier league football, on the whole, leaves me cold.

One more thing. If we do get relegated, I won't miss for a nano second, some of the worst officials in world football, as are in the premier league. Most of them shouldn't be allowed to referee a Sunday morning game on Hackney Marshes in my opinion.
    Can't disagree with any of that.

However, on your point about referees, as bad as they are they are not helped by the constant cheating going on at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

However, on your point about referees, as bad as they are they are not helped by the constant cheating going on at this level.
      Not convinced that the referees are much better at Championship level.

Trevor Kettle for example...

Comment

There's added diving and various other forms of dark arts/'professionalism' at this level, sure, but I think the refereeing also appears worse than it is due to the added exposure. If the Young/Derry incident happened last season, no one much outside of QPR fans would care. And it wouldn't have been replayed a million times in HD every five minutes on SSN, with various pundits, talking heads, newspaper columnists etc picking over it.

Comment

This season was great

Many down moments but when we played great it was a delight to watch

The Man City match was superb even though we lost and the wins in the Prem mean so much more then any other league know matter were you sit in the table

I can taste whats to come if we can pull through with all our great backing from the owners this long term plan could take us to the top imo

Comment

Just imagine what it must feel like to be a Coventry or Portsmouth fan.

Comment

Just imagine what it must feel like to be a Coventry or Portsmouth fan.
              OH!! that's right mock the afflicted..........bast*rd,........ bet you nick ice cream from prams too don't ya!!!! No wonder people hate us!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                I'll be glad when the curtain finally falls on this season.
                Apart from a few games here and there, I haven't enjoyed this season at all.

As for the premier league, I won't ever be in such a rush to get there, as I was in the recent past.
                I will, of course, celebrate wildly if we win the Championship, but premier league football, on the whole, leaves me cold.

One more thing. If we do get relegated, I won't miss for a nano second, some of the worst officials in world football, as are in the premier league. Most of them shouldn't be allowed to referee a Sunday morning game on Hackney Marshes in my opinion.
                Absolute nail on the head.

The refs and FA have left me completely disillusioned to be honest, fed up of feeling part of league where we just make the numbers up to allow the special elite clubs like Man Utd play and do whatever they want.

It's a brilliant league to watch, not as good to be involved in.

In answer to the OP, if you think this is the worst season as a Ranger then you obviously haven't been about long. The late 90's were awful, as was our time in League 1/Div 2 when we got the **** taken out of us at places like Wycombe, Crewe, Vauxhall Motors etc etc etc etc

Comment

We just are not good enough for the prem unfortunately. Apart from 5 or 6 games we have been ######## hence we are down the bottom. The Championship is a nothing league so we need to get back in the prem as soon as possible and next time buy the right players to keep us there.

Comment

Had a great season, visiting grounds again that I'd not been to for 15 years. Taking my boys to places they'd only dreamt of has been awesome. Biggest disappointment is how bad the officials have been all season, not just to us, but in every game there seems to be one or two major **** ups.

Best is yet to come, 3 points v Stoke and a point at Citeh and we'll be celebrating.

Anyway, as some have already said, we're QPR wherever we are!
                    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Just thought I would point out we aren't down yet !!!! Currently we have 2 more points than Bolton and until they overtake us then I will remain positive. To be honest we have had a lot worse seasons than this and if you thought this season would be any different then I'm not sure what people were expecting.
                      I am though totally disillusioned with the Officials and the FA but I'm not sure that would have changed too much being in the Championship.

Comment

That is true, brightonr.

Comment

And now Chelsea are beating Barca.....

This season gets worse, someone pull the curtain on this stinking season for god sake!!

Comment

Chelshyte won't be winning for long.
                            At times, it's almost like watching a 4th division side taking on a top flight side in the 3rd round of the FA cup, with Chelshyte looking every inch a 4th div. side, compared to top-flight Barcelona.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                              With Swansea and Norwich staying up, us likely to go down at Spurs or Chelsea, losing 6-0 to Fulham, and Reading Winning pomotion with Connolly, Gorkss and Leightwood I have to say I'll be glad when this awful season is over, it has been a season that I have hated and one I would like to forget.

Would you say is this the worst season for QPR in 10 Years? I would certainly say it would be. Talk about laughter to tears, Last season was the best in 10 years and the following season being the worst in 10 years! ha!
                              You cant of been to many games over the past 10 seasons as apart from last its been pretty S*it,id take our prem campaign (although not great)and beating the likes of Chelshi*e.Arsenal,Liverpool,Everton etc all day long. Although its gonna be a hard task to stay up we would see a much stronger Rangers next season now we are finding the pace of the prem.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                                With Swansea and Norwich staying up, us likely to go down at Spurs or Chelsea, losing 6-0 to Fulham, and Reading Winning pomotion with Connolly, Gorkss and Leightwood I have to say I'll be glad when this awful season is over, it has been a season that I have hated and one I would like to forget.

Would you say is this the worst season for QPR in 10 Years? I would certainly say it would be. Talk about laughter to tears, Last season was the best in 10 years and the following season being the worst in 10 years! ha!
                                What a daft thread.
                                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                                X