Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This The Worst QPR Season For 10 Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This The Worst QPR Season For 10 Years?

With Swansea and Norwich staying up, us likely to go down at Spurs or Chelsea, losing 6-0 to Fulham, and Reading Winning pomotion with Connolly, Gorkss and Leightwood I have to say I'll be glad when this awful season is over, it has been a season that I have hated and one I would like to forget.

Would you say is this the worst season for QPR in 10 Years? I would certainly say it would be. Talk about laughter to tears, Last season was the best in 10 years and the following season being the worst in 10 years! ha!

this season i walked down south africa road with the fans of arsenal, man utd, chelsea, liverpool..

i joined in and laughed like a kid at anfield as 2000 of us hoops sang "..he looks like a rat, rat rat rat rat rat!"

i broke the seat in front of mine when jamie put it through pepe's legs

i walked from seven sisters to white hart lane and realised west london is beautiful

i enjoyed a sublime conversation with an aussie and a paddy in the back of a taxi from lime street to anfield

i had the worst bowl of noodles i've ever tasted outside the emirates then watched my team play in one of englands finest stadiums

yeah mate, sh*t year eh?
    I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

Originally posted by spank the monkey View Post
      this season i walked down south africa road with the fans of arsenal, man utd, chelsea, liverpool..

i joined in and laughed like a kid at anfield as 2000 of us hoops sang "..he looks like a rat, rat rat rat rat rat!"

i broke the seat in front of mine when jamie put it through pepe's legs

i walked from seven sisters to white hart lane and realised west london is beautiful

i enjoyed a sublime conversation with an aussie and a paddy in the back of a taxi from lime street to anfield

i had the worst bowl of noodles i've ever tasted outside the emirates then watched my team play in one of englands finest stadiums

yeah mate, sh*t year eh?

Unbelievable some people

Although I support QPR whatever division they are in I cannot understand how some have not enjoyed this season despite the results

Comment

As an oversea fan, I enoyed all the 7 games I attended this season. Oh and that moment when Mackie scored the winner v Liverpool was the best by all accounts. Everybody got mad, I hugged the one sitting next to me and lost my voice. Whatever the divsion, we are QPR.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Miserable b*stards. I dont give a monkeys what happens and as the brilliantly named 'spank the monkey' said every season is what you make it. Win,lose or draw I always have a great day following QPR.

Comment

As an Irish QPR fan ive endured years of.....QPR....who???? because we aren't Prem, beating Arsenal and getting to ram it down the throat of every ***** who told me that we werent a Premier League side for years was glorious, seeing us beat Chelsea, immense.... coming back For Spurs and Chelsea.... going to be incredible....if this is the worst season in 10 years, long may it continue....

Comment

No. We are finally where we all believe we should be, competing in the top tier of English football, we have put together a very good team that is only just starting to gel, and have a decent bench... Imagine if this time last year someone said in a years time with 4 games to go we'd be out of the relegation zone and have a squad that meant we could have the likes of SWP, DJ, Young, Bothroyd, Traore and Gabbidon on the bench... I think you'd have taken it.

Add to that the fact this season has seen possibly the best owners we could ever wish for take control and put together a great board, plus bring in a top Manager like Hughes. This has been a great season regardless of league outcome.

Anyway, although I'm still quietly confident we'll survive, even if we don't, our club and it's very bright future is about more than just this season. The future is very, very bright. If we unfortunately have to go down to get there so be it. It didn't do West Brom or Newcastle any harm whatsoever and they have become stronger as a result.

Oh, did I forget to mention claiming the scalps of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal along the way.....
              Last edited by Del; 18-04-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

The sendings off have been the sour points for me this season. There have been such good times though such as Chelsea & Liverpool at home. Winning the first Prem game at Goodison was a great feeling as well.

It's the not knowing what next season will bring that I find the most exciting/daunting/worrying. We could be mid table prem after staying up then really pushing on, we could be championship winners with a side way too good for the championship, we could be everyones cup final and fall flat on our faces with a great "on paper" team or we could sell up our best players and end up having a nightmare season back in the championship.....

Comment

in a weird way - i quite comfortable with the potential of being relegated - knowing we've beaten Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool at home (more to come maybe?). They might laugh at us "Premier league, you're having a laugh!"
                  but at the end of the day - they lost to us..."How s*it must you be, we're winning at home".

Look - if we go down, we go down. was always a possibility. forget swans/norwich - they're not QPR.

Comment

Blimey, not sure what some fans expected. Did they seriously think we wd be winning every week in the Prem like we were in the Championship? We have gone from being the Man Utd of the Championship to, well, the QPR of the Premiership. I loved seeing the brilliance of players like Gerrard, then beating them. Winning at the death against Leicester was exciting but you can't compare that to coming from 2-0 down to beat Liverpool. After 30 odd games against many of the best teams in world football little ol' QPR have been thrashed precisely twice. Two 3-1 defeats are actually among our worst results of the season and were greeted with virtual suicide by some fans, but both were more modest than the tonkings we have handed out to Wolves and Swansea.
                    I think in the Prem you just have to learn to be a bit more philosophical about defeats. Last season if we lost it seemed like a disaster because we thought we were capable of winning every game. This season any half-way sane fan should have realised we were going to lose a lot of games - learn to deal with it.
                    We've got the best players at Rangers since I was a kid (I'm now 44), a first class manager, the best owners since Jim Gregory (with far greater resources than he cd ever have dreamed of) and we are still in with a 50/50 chance of staying up. And if we don't we have every chance of doing a West Brom and bouncing straight back as we are now starting to look, feel and act like a Prem club. Some fans seriously need to cheer up.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      Blimey, not sure what some fans expected. Did they seriously think we wd be winning every week in the Prem like we were in the Championship? We have gone from being the Man Utd of the Championship to, well, the QPR of the Premiership. I loved seeing the brilliance of players like Gerrard, then beating them. Winning at the death against Leicester was exciting but you can't compare that to coming from 2-0 down to beat Liverpool. After 30 odd games against many of the best teams in world football little ol' QPR have been thrashed precisely twice. Two 3-1 defeats are actually among our worst results of the season and were greeted with virtual suicide by some fans, but both were more modest than the tonkings we have handed out to Wolves and Swansea.
                      I think in the Prem you just have to learn to be a bit more philosophical about defeats. Last season if we lost it seemed like a disaster because we thought we were capable of winning every game. This season any half-way sane fan should have realised we were going to lose a lot of games - learn to deal with it.
                      We've got the best players at Rangers since I was a kid (I'm now 44), a first class manager, the best owners since Jim Gregory (with far greater resources than he cd ever have dreamed of) and we are still in with a 50/50 chance of staying up. And if we don't we have every chance of doing a West Brom and bouncing straight back as we are now starting to look, feel and act like a Prem club. Some fans seriously need to cheer up.
                      to all of the above -

Comment

good post with a true perspective on things

Comment

Superbly put
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I agree with everything written in response to the OP. Great sentiments guys. Add to that it has been my son's first opportunity to watch us play in the Premier League, having spent his first 6 years as an R watching ordinary players play ordinary football in some ordinary stadia, and I think it has been an experience I will never forget.
                            Somehow, taking him to Anfield, OT, Emirates and other fantastic venues and seeing his face light up with excitement was a bit of a worry because the threat of relegation sometimes makes kids jump ship, but it's already in his blood and he is a Ranger for life at the age of 10.
                            Happy happy days
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

yeh proper **** season i cant wait to go to palace and brighton next year

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

Working...
                              X