Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This The Worst QPR Season For 10 Years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    The sendings off have been the sour points for me this season. There have been such good times though such as Chelsea & Liverpool at home. Winning the first Prem game at Goodison was a great feeling as well.

It's the not knowing what next season will bring that I find the most exciting/daunting/worrying. We could be mid table prem after staying up then really pushing on, we could be championship winners with a side way too good for the championship, we could be everyones cup final and fall flat on our faces with a great "on paper" team or we could sell up our best players and end up having a nightmare season back in the championship.....
    Agreed.

And to me Itīs have been a bit of a downer just because we struggled sooo much with getting promoted due to the FA hearing etc.

But overall it has been an excausting experince more then us playing poor.
    Afterall we have to remember that we have fielded almost three difference sides since the end of last season. Now, when itīs seems a bit too late for survivial the team have gelled properly, itīs difficult to take for a fan who has waited 16 years to have us up where we belong again.

But the years when we were a midtable CC. club was far worse than this.

Just my take at it as an overseas fan
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Blimey, not sure what some fans expected. Did they seriously think we wd be winning every week in the Prem like we were in the Championship? We have gone from being the Man Utd of the Championship to, well, the QPR of the Premiership. I loved seeing the brilliance of players like Gerrard, then beating them. Winning at the death against Leicester was exciting but you can't compare that to coming from 2-0 down to beat Liverpool. After 30 odd games against many of the best teams in world football little ol' QPR have been thrashed precisely twice. Two 3-1 defeats are actually among our worst results of the season and were greeted with virtual suicide by some fans, but both were more modest than the tonkings we have handed out to Wolves and Swansea.
      I think in the Prem you just have to learn to be a bit more philosophical about defeats. Last season if we lost it seemed like a disaster because we thought we were capable of winning every game. This season any half-way sane fan should have realised we were going to lose a lot of games - learn to deal with it.
      We've got the best players at Rangers since I was a kid (I'm now 44), a first class manager, the best owners since Jim Gregory (with far greater resources than he cd ever have dreamed of) and we are still in with a 50/50 chance of staying up. And if we don't we have every chance of doing a West Brom and bouncing straight back as we are now starting to look, feel and act like a Prem club. Some fans seriously need to cheer up.

For many, I think the sending offs has been more frustrating to watch than all the games lost.
      Last edited by Shania; 18-04-2012, 12:27 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Blimey, not sure what some fans expected. Did they seriously think we wd be winning every week in the Prem like we were in the Championship? We have gone from being the Man Utd of the Championship to, well, the QPR of the Premiership. I loved seeing the brilliance of players like Gerrard, then beating them. Winning at the death against Leicester was exciting but you can't compare that to coming from 2-0 down to beat Liverpool. After 30 odd games against many of the best teams in world football little ol' QPR have been thrashed precisely twice. Two 3-1 defeats are actually among our worst results of the season and were greeted with virtual suicide by some fans, but both were more modest than the tonkings we have handed out to Wolves and Swansea.
        I think in the Prem you just have to learn to be a bit more philosophical about defeats. Last season if we lost it seemed like a disaster because we thought we were capable of winning every game. This season any half-way sane fan should have realised we were going to lose a lot of games - learn to deal with it.
        We've got the best players at Rangers since I was a kid (I'm now 44), a first class manager, the best owners since Jim Gregory (with far greater resources than he cd ever have dreamed of) and we are still in with a 50/50 chance of staying up. And if we don't we have every chance of doing a West Brom and bouncing straight back as we are now starting to look, feel and act like a Prem club. Some fans seriously need to cheer up.
        great post

Comment

Superb post and voice of reason. We are now a team that would have comfortably (and still may) stayed in the Prem if it had been assembled earlier. Although that is frustrating, I will never forget this three victories against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal this season and it has certainly given my two sons some much needed judos at school.

Comment

This season has had its moments. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal have been worth the stress alone. Got some great memories. If we stay up i'd actually deem the year a great success given all we've contended with. If we go down i'll be heartbroken, but mainly because next year in the premiership would hold so much potential for us. Still...bossing the championship again wouldnt be so bad, what a year that was.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Superb post and voice of reason. We are now a team that would have comfortably (and still may) stayed in the Prem if it had been assembled earlier. Although that is frustrating, I will never forget this three victories against Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal this season and it has certainly given my two sons some much needed judos at school.
              it's all when and good when your team defeats a "big club" but there's no need for violence.
              A gentle mockery would suffice...

Comment

We are forgeting....we beat Everton in their own yard ! Now that is some feat for us !!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                  it's all when and good when your team defeats a "big club" but there's no need for violence.
                  A gentle mockery would suffice...
                  Ha Ha, a freudian slip as far as one of them is concerned!

Comment

Olly mate from what i can remember we were having a lot sh*ttier season just before warnock turned up, and that was less than 10 years ago,... we were going down hill faster than eddie the eagle on a tea tray

Comment

Most frustrating? Maybe so. But no way worst.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Yeah sums it up matty

Comment

It's not been the most enjoyable season but seeing us beat Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are 3 of the greatest moments I've ever witnessed in my time as a Rangers fan.
                          We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
                          @Deadend_Friend

Comment

I'll be glad when the curtain finally falls on this season.
                            Apart from a few games here and there, I haven't enjoyed this season at all.

As for the premier league, I won't ever be in such a rush to get there, as I was in the recent past.
                            I will, of course, celebrate wildly if we win the Championship, but premier league football, on the whole, leaves me cold.

One more thing. If we do get relegated, I won't miss for a nano second, some of the worst officials in world football, as are in the premier league. Most of them shouldn't be allowed to referee a Sunday morning game on Hackney Marshes in my opinion.

Comment

Top post mate

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                                I'll be glad when the curtain finally falls on this season.
                                Apart from a few games here and there, I haven't enjoyed this season at all.

As for the premier league, I won't ever be in such a rush to get there, as I was in the recent past.
                                I will, of course, celebrate wildly if we win the Championship, but premier league football, on the whole, leaves me cold.

One more thing. If we do get relegated, I won't miss for a nano second, some of the worst officials in world football, as are in the premier league. Most of them shouldn't be allowed to referee a Sunday morning game on Hackney Marshes in my opinion.
                                If we go down all we will want to do is come up again ,to be faced with the same shite refs, the highs and lows , kick off times determined by sky, blah, blah, i aint got 15 years left in me to see them promoted again so lets stick it out here

Comment

Working...
                                X