Legal Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    But you don't know that, there's alot of money swilling around in football, who would have thought they would discover match fixing in that game played by and followed by gentleman...cricket
    No, I don't know that.

But it doesn't even make sense for them to be conspiring against us.

Why did the FA make the ref give Chelsea two favourable decisions yesterday?

Why did the FA make all the other bottom teams lose this weekend, and let us win last week against Arsenal?

Of course the shitty decisions are infuriating, but it just doesn't make sense that they would be secretly conspiring to relegate a specific team.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      So there is a conspiracy at the FA to get us relegated, and they've done this by not only screwing us over with decisions, but by making us make suicidally bad decisons in games and play really really badly on many occasions?

We've been on the end of bad decisions. That's not arguable.

It's frustrating yes, but it's not the FA trying to relegate us. It's just not.
      I don't think it would come as a big surprise to many if the contra was true, and i am coming to that conclusion.

The game is rotten to the core
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

The FA used to have a law saying that a club could not take legal action against them. If they did the club would be excluded from the FA. It wouldnt surprise me theat this is still the case.
        The FA have no-one to answer too and neither do the referees. There lies the problem with the game.
        Don't you just love Gianni "I've never done nothing wrong for this club" Paladini..

Comment

Weston, if true, then clubs like ours should challenge that in court.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
            No, I don't know that.

But it doesn't even make sense for them to be conspiring against us.

Why did the FA make the ref give Chelsea two favourable decisions yesterday?

Why did the FA make all the other bottom teams lose this weekend, and let us win last week against Arsenal?

Of course the shitty decisions are infuriating, but it just doesn't make sense that they would be secretly conspiring to relegate a specific team.
            No i see what you're saying, but when we look back over these awful decisions, you can't help but come to the conclusion there is a conspiracy, and actually wigan fans on their forum have been saying the same, but obviously i don't know how many bad ones they've had

Comment

Originally posted by weston View Post
              The FA used to have a law saying that a club could not take legal action against them. If they did the club would be excluded from the FA. It wouldnt surprise me theat this is still the case.
              The FA have no-one to answer too and neither do the referees. There lies the problem with the game.
              The only sport left that has 'match fixing'.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                Weston, if true, then clubs like ours should challenge that in court.
                Thats just it, they can't or at least couldn't. If they did the club would get suspended, I'll try to find out where I read this. I know it was a fair few years ago b ut it wouldnt surprise me if it was still the case.
                Don't you just love Gianni "I've never done nothing wrong for this club" Paladini..

Comment

Research away old chap

Comment

you can't take the League to court over decisions you don't get unless you can prove there was a plot/conspiracy etc.

Bad decisions are part of the game. Some of you need to get real.
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                      you can't take the League to court over decisions you don't get unless you can prove there was a plot/conspiracy etc.

Bad decisions are part of the game. Some of you need to get real.
                      How real do we need to get? Do you mean the "bad decisions" which invariably are favouring the bigger clubs?

Comment

Deepcut is correct in saying that referees and their assistants make genuine mistakes. Of that there cannot be any doubt. But at the same time, many of these mistakes are also down to plain incompetence.

However, what adds fuel to the fire of accusations such as these, are situations like the Barton sending off against Norwich. Never a sending off as no offence committed. But the FA had the opportunity to make some small token of amends by immediately rescinding the card on appeal. They chose to back the referee who had already been proved to have got it wrong. So, if they cannot put mistakes right when given the opportunity, then there must be some validity to the accusations of certain agendas.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          How real do we need to get? Do you mean the "bad decisions" which invariably are favouring the bigger clubs?
                          You expect to go to court over every bad decision? Where you can prove neither intent to cheat or eventual outcome of result anyway. Don't be absurd - where would it end?
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

You expect to go to court over every bad decision? Where you can prove neither intent to cheat or eventual outcome of result anyway. Don't be absurd - where would it end?
                            Clearly you can not take legal action over every bad decision but there is an level of competence that is expected by the officials.

In all walks of life errors happen but when the action by a individual is deemed incompetent there has to be a legal recourse. It happens in other areas and to suggest we would be thrown out of the league if we took such action is laughable. That would be a restriction of trade and very easily challenged and overturned.

The fact is just the threat would hasten the introduction of technology and at least ensure we had a fair playing field for the remainder of the season and surely that's all we want.

Comment

Don't be absurd - where would it end?
                              It would end with:

a) The introduction of retrospective bans for cheating/diving/simulation/gamesmanship (whichever word you want to give it). That deterrent would soon put a stop to it all.

b) The introduction of video technology for game changing decisions to assist the refs (just like they now have in tennis, rugby and cricket). It's been proven now that it doesn't significantly slow down the game's flow because it's so instant.

Comment

Working...
                              X