Is matt Connolly wasted at left back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is matt Connolly wasted at left back?

In my view our best defender by a mile and although he can play at any position across the backline I kind of feel sorry for him in a way getting shunted from one position to another like the other night at Oxford.

He's a right footed center back and that's his best position and yet again he'll be playing left back tomorrow night
    "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Massively wasted there.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Totally and utterly wasted and in my view we risk losing him to another club because he can't be happy playing in an unnatural position for too long.

Comment

On level par with Vine playing on the left and Buzz on the right.

Comment

yes.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
            On level par with Vine playing on the left and Buzz on the right.
            Vine and Buzz are both very good on the left and right respectively.

Comment

He's not wasted there.
              He's our best option as things stand.
              Do I want him to play there indefinitely? No.
              We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by Bwarren20 View Post
                In my view our best defender by a mile and although he can play at any position across the backline I kind of feel sorry for him in a way getting shunted from one position to another like the other night at Oxford.

He's a right footed center back and that's his best position and yet again he'll be playing left back tomorrow night
                Slow down! potentially yes at the moment no....otherwise he'd be in the centre wouldn't he.

Gorkks is our best defender and Damion Stewart is our player of the season that is what is keeping Connolly out pure and simple.

Stewarts game will dip this year....Connolly must take his chance when it does.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  Vine and Buzz are both very good on the left and right respectively.
                  They are good enough to play anywhere in the forward line, but is Vine's preferred position on the left wing - no, is Buzz's preferred position on the right wing - No.

Comment

Slow down! potentially yes at the moment no....otherwise he'd be in the centre wouldn't he.

Gorkks is our best defender and Damion Stewart is our player of the season that is what is keeping Connolly out pure and simple.

That's utter crap.

He's being put there as the other two CANNOT play there.

Connolly is very versatile but is far greater used as a CB. He's our best option there just ahead of Gorkss.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

W12_Ranger - The question was "Is matt Connolly wasted at left back?" not who is good.

I think Connolly is wasted on the left and I also think Vine on the left and Buzz on the right is a waste of time as well, especially when you have better options in Taarabat and Routledge.

Comment

i can accept him playing right back.. but as a left back id rather had borrowdale..

ideally would have ramage connolly gorkks and borrowdale
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                          They are good enough to play anywhere in the forward line, but is Vine's preferred position on the left wing - no, is Buzz's preferred position on the right wing - No.

Are they effective in those positions....YES

There is also a difference between playing Right Midfield and Right Wing

I have a sneaky feeling Buzsaky will start on the left against Blackpool....that should give everyone something to moan about.

Comment

They would be effective anywhere but that does not make it a good idea for them to play there.

Not in QPR's team there is not.

Assuming they are fit
                            Taarabat or Vine on the left ?
                            Routledge or Buzz on the right ?

I think Buzz and Vine should play up top in any format they like.

Comment

Absolute rubbish. Gorkks our best defender? not a chance. Matt is by far the best defender at the club and is being unfairly treated getting pushed from pillar to post. I get the impression from Matt that he would play anywhere as long as hes playing but his best position is centre half alongside Gorkks.

Dont get me wrong Gorkks is good but hes got nothing on Matt defensivley or in a footballing sence. Im not even going to mention Stewart in the same vain as him because thats just an insult.

Comment

Working...
                              X