All This Talk Of A Striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Pete u really haven't a clue when it comes 2 defending.
    I know we disagreed from time to time about Blackstock but on this issue we most definitely agree. Connolly is a centre back. If Magilton want to play him at left back then risk losing him come January. A number of people including friends of mine said that Borrowdale struggled during his time at Brighton. If he isn't good enough for Coventry at this level why would he be good enough for us. I'm all for giving someone time but we need strength in depth and competition for places. Borrowdale by all accounts is a deputy at best.

Comment

thank u qblockoo. I have played in that position and understand it. Pete's views on defending are very poor. I know he loves attacking football and don't we all but he doesn't understand what makes a good defence that can get the balance of defensive and offensive. Playing Connelly at left back will **** him off.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

connolly is a poor mans rio ferdinand and that is in no way meant to be an insult. what i mean is he has certain qualities that remind me of rio. he is very good defensivley, but above all his composure,and ability on the ball are second to none in this division. Not a full back, but a very accomplished and high quality cb, one who we could take to the prem with us, and i believe a future captain who we should build our squad round. best cb in ccc imo, not a bloody lb. just coshe can do a job there doesnt mean we should sacrifice the bect cb pairing in ccc for it ffs! either get a new lb, or play borrowdale there or even try sum1 else there,like even lee cook or a yoof team player.

Comment

SirPie I do think you talk alot of sense.
          I think we need a 2nd left back regardless of how good borrowdale is.
          The fact that Pete rates him worry's me.
          I would stand up and take note if he was talking about an attacking/midfield player but I just know his knowledge on defending is clear to see that it is just not there.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
            connolly is a poor mans rio ferdinand and that is in no way meant to be an insult. what i mean is he has certain qualities that remind me of rio. he is very good defensivley, but above all his composure,and ability on the ball are second to none in this division. Not a full back, but a very accomplished and high quality cb, one who we could take to the prem with us, and i believe a future captain who we should build our squad round. best cb in ccc imo, not a bloody lb. just coshe can do a job there doesnt mean we should sacrifice the bect cb pairing in ccc for it ffs! either get a new lb, or play borrowdale there or even try sum1 else there,like even lee cook or a yoof team player.
            The player IMHO that Connelly is most similar to, is Gareth Southgate

Comment

have to say i disagree, southgate wasnt a very good footballer imho,just done his job well, and wasnt afraid to put his head where it hurts. but wasnt a footballing cb imo

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                have to say i disagree, southgate wasnt a very good footballer imho,just done his job well, and wasnt afraid to put his head where it hurts. but wasnt a footballing cb imo

Southgate was an exceptionally talented footballer. His control, technique and passing make Rio look amateur. Unfairly overlooked and derided due to THAT penalty. Started off at Palace in the first team as a central midfielder. He and Simon Osborn played CM together when they finished third in the top flight. Eric Young and Chris Coleman were the CB's then.

Comment

Next 3 friendlies will be interesting. Magilton has resisted the temptation of playing Connolly left back so far. If he sticks with him centre back, then I guess we may still be looking for left back cover or someone to take place of Borrowdale
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    SirPie I do think you talk alot of sense.
                    I think we need a 2nd left back regardless of how good borrowdale is.
                    The fact that Pete rates him worry's me.
                    I would stand up and take note if he was talking about an attacking/midfield player but I just know his knowledge on defending is clear to see that it is just not there.

I've yet to see Borrowdale play so I won't pass judgement on him yet but what Pete doesn't understand is that when we lost our only creative midfielder (Buzsaky) last season we didn't have a deputy, which is why I believe Sousa tried to turn Ephraim into one. If we lose our only natural full back (because Ramage isn't naturally a full back) then we end up playing people out of position. This talk of £4m for Kamara would be better spent on Evans and Spurr. Why sell Delaney if we aren't going to replace him?

Comment

to say he makes rio look amatuer is laughable. but u are entitled to your opinion but have to say i disagree

Comment

Not so concerned this year iof Buzz gets injured. this Faurlin kid is the nuts and makes Lopez look like Nick Ward
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Not so concerned this year iof Buzz gets injured. this Faurlin kid is the nuts and makes Lopez look like Nick Ward
                          What does Lopez make Rowlands like like then? Bob Malcolm?

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            That wasn't point. My point is what happens if we lose Borrowdale to injury? We don't have any cover. If we lose 3 players like we did last season and they happen to be defenders that we are screwed because we are short in defence.

Comment

Working...
                            X