No announcement yet.

All This Talk Of A Striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not too fussed about being a mid to upper championship side but this "let's just wait to see how it pans out in oct/ nov/ the winter transfer window is just silly". We all know we have a v talented squad which will come up just short as it doesn't have a single recognised successful striker

Comment

We are so close to having a team really capable of challenging not just for the playoffs but a top 2 spot.

However we are weak at left back and up front. For what could be a small investment of less than than the supposed outlay for Faulin we could have both and then start the season as we mean to go on without any of this 'Lets see where we are in Jan' BS

Comment

peteg,

I just see players like Buzz and faurlin turning games. I sense a similar style to Gigi De canio, where it will played on the floor with slick movement and passing.

We can never have enough and if the opportunity came to get Welbeck on loan or a Beckford buy, that would be great, but this team will score goals. i am not dismissive as many are on Tarrabt being striker , but agree his best position is probably best out wide left.

I know we have played mediocre opposition, but we've scored 9 goals pre-season, which is already more than we managed the whole of last pre-season.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by NewCrossHoop View Post
          We are so close to having a team really capable of challenging not just for the playoffs but a top 2 spot.

However we are weak at left back and up front. For what could be a small investment of less than than the supposed outlay for Faulin we could have both and then start the season as we mean to go on without any of this 'Lets see where we are in Jan' BS
          indeed well said that man.
          QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

I remember about 4 years ago we wacked in a netfull in pre season then started the league with one goal in 4 games.

I agree we have an exciting midfield but teams will set out to counter that, they wont often be succesful but sometimes they will and we need the best striker we can get to nick those tight games, look at the points keving phillips nicked for birmingham last season.

If we were really struggling for money I would sort of understand but our board talk the talk but if they are really serious they wouldnt be leaving it to chance unless they are simply stupid.

I cant beleive you are talking about a scenario where you would be cool with us being 6-9 points of the play off spots come december/january we should be much closer to the top than that even if we dont spend another penny but I reckon that going out and getting beckford and a top left back would have us really contending right from the off which is what i thought our board wanted not another season of seeing where we are in january.
            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
              I remember about 4 years ago we wacked in a netfull in pre season then started the league with one goal in 4 games.

I agree we have an exciting midfield but teams will set out to counter that, they wont often be succesful but sometimes they will and we need the best striker we can get to nick those tight games, look at the points keving phillips nicked for birmingham last season.

If we were really struggling for money I would sort of understand but our board talk the talk but if they are really serious they wouldnt be leaving it to chance unless they are simply stupid.

I cant beleive you are talking about a scenario where you would be cool with us being 6-9 points of the play off spots come december/january we should be much closer to the top than that even if we dont spend another penny but I reckon that going out and getting beckford and a top left back would have us really contending right from the off which is what i thought our board wanted not another season of seeing where we are in january.
              Must say I do agree with you here, if they are not ready to spend then a year loan on these to positions is a must, we have a good sqaud but just short of 1 or 2 players for that spot.

Comment

The 6-9 points off in January, is the very worst scenario.

Really do believe we will score goals, and think tarrabt will play havoc with championship defenders. I do agree that not all games on won on flair, but i cannot remember so many attacking options for years. Do agree that Ageymang and Helgusson may not give us enough, I'm just hoping Vine, tarrabt, Balanta and even Pelicori can.
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Tattabt will have 2 players on him most games and will be a target for evry thug of a defender in this division. Same as Cookie got marked out of games often once people realised what a threat he was. Obvious potential is there but jury is still out for me on him - not convinced at all that he is the messiah everyone believes he will be.

Fact is the weaknesses from last season have not been addressed at all - no left back (Borrowdale is NOT the answer and yes I have seen him play) and a recognised established forward is a must.

I think we could well score more goals this season but I also think we will concede a lot more as well - Still not swayed from my just above mid table prediction - hope I'm wrong but I think it really is like groundhog day all over again.

Simple fact is we need a left back and a forward at the start of the season not wait and see....
                  "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                  QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                  Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                  Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
                    Tattabt will have 2 players on him most games and will be a target for evry thug of a defender in this division. Same as Cookie got marked out of games often once people realised what a threat he was. Obvious potential is there but jury is still out for me on him - not convinced at all that he is the messiah everyone believes he will be.

Fact is the weaknesses from last season have not been addressed at all - no left back (Borrowdale is NOT the answer and yes I have seen him play) and a recognised established forward is a must.

I think we could well score more goals this season but I also think we will concede a lot more as well - Still not swayed from my just above mid table prediction - hope I'm wrong but I think it really is like groundhog day all over again.

Simple fact is we need a left back and a forward at the start of the season not wait and see....
                    You are probably right about having 2 guys on him each game but that frees but our other flair players to have more freedom, imo
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

agemang is underated though we do need new striker on loan or buy left back is more needed as we leaked goals last season which lost us 1-0 matches and some putting goals away would be great.

Comment

Writtler, fair points. Lets hope we get just that 1 more striker in, as not many are agreeing with me.

As for left back, still think Borrowdale but we have a top notch Connolly who can play there.

Comment

Pete u really haven't a clue when it comes 2 defending.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

not sure you can say agyamang is underrated, underrated by who.

Look at the stats they rarely give a false indication.

the point is that with the resources at the clubs disposal we shouldnt be wondering if balanta will come good or the italian or tarabt as an emergency striker. we should go out and buy a striker that we can be confident will do the business then there is no problem. seems to me the board and the manager "think" they might just have enough but thats not where we should be we should be sat here wondering what scoring records we will break this season not wondering if the journeymen strikers we have gathered might scrape up enough goals between them.
                            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

When he first came in, I was raving. Even, when he went through a lean period I was raving.

Now agree with the majority, would let him go back to Preston to be honest.

Comment

have to say any talk of connolly at lb is a huge mistake. would be ridiculous to play our best cb at lb. why so many are saying we should is beyond me, id rather play lee cook there than connolly, he is too good at cb to be wasted at lb

Comment

Working...
                                X