Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you really switch your support to another team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    WeAre,
    Thanks for the nice comments, they are appreciated. I feel I must point out a few things though just to clarify. Please take it as fact, that nobody on the moderating team has any desire to either warn, argue with or ban any poster. They do not take sides between individuals, only on the particular matter being discussed. They are all trying their best to ensure that everyone who comes on here, particularly those who are not just viewing as guests, feel able to put their points of view and opinions across to other fans for debate, without feeling they may be verbally (or should that be virtually) attacked.

We know that there will be disagreements, sometimes very strong ones, on almost every subject. That is not, or should not be a problem to anyone. All we ask is that it is done with respect and empathy to other members.

The guys you refer to all do a great deal of really good work behind the scenes, such a shame that some people do not appreciate it.

I would like if I may, to give you one small piece of advice which I would like all members to give a little thought to. I have reservations about saying this for fear of being seen as pompous or condescending, but will do so anyhow.

You yourself will admit that until very recently if I'm not mistaken, you have probably taken much of what I have said in the wrong way. Very easy to do on a forum like this when you do not actually know the other person as a rule. Even on this thread, I have referred to your "report" and recent hilarious "hissy fit". Doubtlees, judging by your more recent comments, you are aware that these remarks are not meant in a nasty way, more just light hearted fun. I do not mention your ST return or Eastcotes perceived love for Arsenal, not because I don't find it amusing, just that sometimes, enough is enough and things stop being funny. There is no need for us to stop finding other poster's disputes amusing. I have laughed loudly when reading your criticism of Matt Connolly, whilst seeing hammersmithr claiming he is our best defender in between his complaints of a lack of a parade. Banter is great. It's funny. It adds to what makes this forum fun. But it should NEVER get personal. Because that, as you know, is not fun.

Take it from me, there will be posters getting bans over the next few days and weeks. Not because we don't like them, but because they simply will not listen to our requests.
    Hopefully we won't need to act very much.
    Well said. Not sure anyone can argue with that.

Comment

• I deserve an infracation points deduction for creating this masterpiece!

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        Not sure anyone can argue with that.
        Oh someone will!

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          WeAre,
          Thanks for the nice comments, they are appreciated. I feel I must point out a few things though just to clarify. Please take it as fact, that nobody on the moderating team has any desire to either warn, argue with or ban any poster. They do not take sides between individuals, only on the particular matter being discussed. They are all trying their best to ensure that everyone who comes on here, particularly those who are not just viewing as guests, feel able to put their points of view and opinions across to other fans for debate, without feeling they may be verbally (or should that be virtually) attacked.

We know that there will be disagreements, sometimes very strong ones, on almost every subject. That is not, or should not be a problem to anyone. All we ask is that it is done with respect and empathy to other members.

The guys you refer to all do a great deal of really good work behind the scenes, such a shame that some people do not appreciate it.

I would like if I may, to give you one small piece of advice which I would like all members to give a little thought to. I have reservations about saying this for fear of being seen as pompous or condescending, but will do so anyhow.

You yourself will admit that until very recently if I'm not mistaken, you have probably taken much of what I have said in the wrong way. Very easy to do on a forum like this when you do not actually know the other person as a rule. Even on this thread, I have referred to your "report" and recent hilarious "hissy fit". Doubtlees, judging by your more recent comments, you are aware that these remarks are not meant in a nasty way, more just light hearted fun. I do not mention your ST return or Eastcotes perceived love for Arsenal, not because I don't find it amusing, just that sometimes, enough is enough and things stop being funny. There is no need for us to stop finding other poster's disputes amusing. I have laughed loudly when reading your criticism of Matt Connolly, whilst seeing hammersmithr claiming he is our best defender in between his complaints of a lack of a parade. Banter is great. It's funny. It adds to what makes this forum fun. But it should NEVER get personal. Because that, as you know, is not fun.

Take it from me, there will be posters getting bans over the next few days and weeks. Not because we don't like them, but because they simply will not listen to our requests.
          Hopefully we won't need to act very much.
          An excellent post. It is true that accusations of moderators 'being biased'/'taking sides' are always inaccurate. In our eyes, you are all anonymous message board posters. In most cases we have never met you and probably never will. Therefore, why would we favour one of you over the other? Frankly, it doesn't make sense.

Nevertheless, I await WeAreQPR12's PM with great interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcote QPR View Post
            Evening brighton

Your avatar of warnock shows a rather rotund nose

any resemblance brighton(just banter)
            Good evening Eastcote.

No mate, It's perfectly formed as one would expect.

Comment

• Any chance of banning me? Might help improve my work productivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                NO WAY can you support someone else Rs through & through only kids and glory hunters swap teams,
                Mind you I do have a soft spot for Everton, haven't got clue why think it's somthing to do with when I was a kid in the early 60s, been going to Rs since 1965
                cheers to 80's casual, hell, in the end we all love the same team, and we are happy we're back in the Prem we would never support anyone else, to be honest , like dave here (above) I have a soft spot for Everton, I don't know why, I have a soft spot for Penarol and Uruguay, also a soft spot for italy but hard -core support is for qpr and england, always.

Comment

• in malaysia i saw arsenal charlie george play against the national team, they lost both games, 2-0, we played england b, in 81, joe corrigan in goal, drew one one, saw your fantastic 90 side here, lineker scored 3 goals in the first half hour, then Robson took pity on us, let us score two goals, Adams CB, we lost 4-2, I saw a tiny malaysian player go up for a header against david batty , batty put his elbow out, smashed the guy in the head, I thought he died. After that no malaysian went up for headers, the whole game!
                  We have always loved england, it's in our DNA. The only team we care about and gamble on in the world cup is England. England uber alles!

Comment

• Arsenal lost both games 2-0. Charlton (Bobby) said Malaysia is guaranteed a place in 78, unfortunately bribery destroyed us, still made the olympics in 80 (and 72) we gave the south koreans a really hard time.

Comment

• Did your mother never tell you that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness?

Comment

• Originally posted by danQPR View Post
                        Did your mother never tell you that talking to yourself is the first sign of madness?
                        I am not talking to myself, I have a lot on my mind, some guys just don't have a thing to say, do they? what you created message board Law? Really?
                        Never double post? please, sir, I have been posting like this since 04, if you are a mod, ban me, if not STFU. You know what that means don't you, kid?

Comment

• I write because I feel like it, I do not need the permission of a fat guy behind a computer..how come you ain't in afghanistan? Nice avatar sweetheart.

Comment

• Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                            I am not talking to myself, I have a lot on my mind, some guys just don't have a thing to say, do they? what you created message board Law? Really?
                            Never double post? please, sir, I have been posting like this since 04, if you are a mod, ban me, if not STFU. You know what that means don't you, kid?
                            No, I don't claim to have, I just have the same outlook as everyone else on this board that you are a complute and utter throbber.
                            And no, I don't talk to myself, simple. You calling me a child, dear god. Go and take your head for a dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by danQPR View Post
                              No, I don't claim to have, I just have the same outlook as everyone else on this board that you are a complute and utter throbber.
                              And no, I don't talk to myself, simple. You calling me a child, dear god. Go and take your head for a dump.
                              make me.

Comment

• Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                                I write because I feel like it, I do not need the permission of a fat guy behind a computer..how come you ain't in afghanistan? Nice avatar sweetheart.
                                Are you having a laugh?

Comment

Working...
                                X