This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warbs and free tickets

following on from the scott jones/fund raising, i'd like to ask re free qpr tickets for competitions.
    who gives them to you?
    and is this facility offered to all fan groups?

if no free tickets are given from club, sorry but i'd be interested as the QPR LSA get no such offers and we are lucky to get an injured player to any event/awards we do....

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
    following on from the scott jones/fund raising, i'd like to ask re free qpr tickets for competitions.
    who gives them to you?
    and is this facility offered to all fan groups?

if no free tickets are given from club, sorry but i'd be interested as the QPR LSA get no such offers and we are lucky to get an injured player to any event/awards we do....
    Interesting point. Its like the signed player's shirts. Doubt you'll get any answers, and expect this thread to get moved pronto.
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Does it matter at the end of the day as long as QPR fand get the goodies.
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

You should ask Kevin who now runs the competitions for us, he won a competition for a free ticket, he noticed Pete paid for it and then declined the offer and wanted to help out and now he does.

If anyone here has won tickets off Pete they can also tell you if it's been paid for.

Next year could be different and instead of offering one ticket we may offer two tickets so that a friend can go along as well.

Comment

Threads like this make me laugh. Just another way of stirring when there's no need. I couldn't give a monkeys whether you believe me or not, but these tickets come out of Petes own pocket. I've no reason to lie. I give Pete a hard time over many things, but fabricating stories to put him down is petty in all honesty.
          Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 15-05-2010, 12:12 AM.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Ben to be honest I don't know why he didn't just send Pete a message, it does seem he was looking to stir from where I'm sitting.

It's like "yes" everyone is having a go at them today let's get in there and do the same!

Comment

The modfather, I am surprised you ask the question to be honest, but lets assume you ask it in good faith as I'd like think we get on well enough.

The club have never given a free ticket to WATRB's and we have never run a free ticket comp since January 2008. At that time I paid out of my own pocket but the Barnsley game at the end of that January (cannot remember exact date), 2 fans won a competition. One for predicting we played Chelsea in the FA CUP and another for time of first goal. Sorry but the end of that month I had to honour the winners who win, but was skint

The confusion lay with me saying £10, what it mean't was I paid the ticket at normal price and gave it for a tenner. So in fact, I lost a tenner and done that for about 2 months (at a guess). Then it was twisted by one particular fan so we were unable to do it again. Kevinqpr is one fan who can vouch for me, because he won a ticket prize and I went to the the box office to pay for it and he was gobsmacked and told me to put the money away in my pocket. He believed that I was getting all the tickets for free because of what he read. He then offered to run the competition section which he runs to this date, because he could see it was genuine

Since then I have paid out a total of £260 out of my own money for first goalscorer and nearest crowd.

I can understand the LSA would feel aggreived if we were getting free tickets, but I can assure you we don't. As someone that travels on your coaches for away games, I hope you can clarify I pay for my travel and away tickets as well.

I don't really want to comment again on this and trust that you accept what I said, because the current climate it seems that I have to keep replying to make it stick.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Just to add I suggest you had more than an injured player turn up at the end of the season, as I thought Neil Warnock turned up
                THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                  The modfather, I am surprised you ask the question to be honest, but lets assume you ask it in good faith as I'd like think we get on well enough.

The club have never given a free ticket to WATRB's and we have never run a free ticket comp since January 2008. At that time I paid out of my own pocket but the Barnsley game at the end of that January (cannot remember exact date), 2 fans won a competition. One for predicting we played Chelsea in the FA CUP and another for time of first goal. Sorry but the end of that month I had to honour the winners who win, but was skint

The confusion lay with me saying £10, what it mean't was I paid the ticket at normal price and gave it for a tenner. So in fact, I lost a tenner and done that for about 2 months (at a guess). Then it was twisted by one particular fan so we were unable to do it again. Kevinqpr is one fan who can vouch for me, because he won a ticket prize and I went to the the box office to pay for it and he was gobsmacked and told me to put the money away in my pocket. He believed that I was getting all the tickets for free because of what he read. He then offered to run the competition section which he runs to this date, because he could see it was genuine

Since then I have paid out a total of £260 out of my own money for first goalscorer and nearest crowd.

I can understand the LSA would feel aggreived if we were getting free tickets, but I can assure you we don't. As someone that travels on your coaches for away games, I hope you can clarify I pay for my travel and away tickets as well.

I don't really want to comment again on this and trust that you accept what I said, because the current climate it seems that I have to keep replying to make it stick.
                  Nice one pete, cant believe you have been questioned tbh.......... you may not come up with the facts 100% but to question your integrity is not right in jfish's opinion..

Comment

thanks for the replies, my intent is not to stir.
                    if you are stumping up, extremely fair play.

as said before, all the fan grps,mbs,fanzines work very hard with the common cause, qpr.

Comment

You'll right, everyone works hard.

Comment

it was said i could've called...did scott, where this started?
                        i do not have a problem with QBP and although i may do the odd silly thread, don't stir.
                        wartbs have allowed me to post travel notices and it is appreciated.

Comment

Fairplay Luke. I think Scott has a bit of a problem with MYU. He thinks targetting this site is a good way to get back at him when in reality, it's makng him look bitter. I don't understand why he's making stuff up, but it's up to him I suppose.
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Why is it, nearly every time I come across Scott's name, I end up with a nasty taste in my mouth?
                            I noticed somewhere a couple of months ago, someone defending him (might have been him himself, but I don't think so) said there was no proof that he'd ####.ged off disabled fans. I actually remember a long thread where I had a go at him, because he'd said that the intro of ambulant disabled season tickets basically gave carte blanche for any lazy so-and-so from the White City estate to roll in cheaply (or words to that effect) -- I'll never forget that slur against people like my daughter and one of my friends (who I won't name here, but Scott himself knows her personally!).

And with the slurs he seems intent on making against Pete and this site now...well, I just wonder why he can't just support the team instead of stirring things up (which he clearly has at least twice this week).

I don't normally comment on, or get involved in,the political side of fans and websites, but this is clearly getting out of hand.
                            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

with scott its always me me me. everything he does or did he tryed to gain glory!!

Comment

Working...
                              X