No announcement yet.

LUTON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What people also forget is we have had our day in the Prem twice in recent times more than any of the clubs being mentioned in this thread - we blew it on both occasions by going to big too soon - egged on by many of the fans including many on here - saying we should sign this champions league player etc etc. We blew our chance of sustaining our stay like Brentford and maybe now fulham have by trying to complete financially with clubs far more established than us.

In the time we have been out of the Prem football has changed massively in terms of the money in the game. i'm not sure either Luton or coventry will have the ability to stay in the Prem at the first time of asking - its about the second attempt - look at Norwich or WBA even when you get there its hard to stay even though you have done it before.

With Southampton and probably Leicester and Leeds coming down its only going to get harder for teams to compete for automatic promotion.

we are not going to ready for that for years to come sadly

Comment

wouldnt have hurt us going to league 1

may have given the board the opportunity of looking at the structure below them and made that big change at DoF

i wont be happy if Les is still here in the summer making the decisions for the very naive and nice GA

TBH i wont be happy if GA is still here either

wholesale changes are needed and i think the best man for the job is Mark Warburton

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post

may have given the board the opportunity of looking at the structure below them and made that big change at DoF

i wont be happy if Les is still here in the summer making the decisions for the very naive and nice GA

wholesale changes are needed and i think the best man for the job is Mark Warburton
        I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Warburton where to return as manager sometime in the future. I want to see what Gareth has to offer first though.

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post

What happened with your love for Nathan Jones? Your strategy has changed and we need consistent direction.

Comment

What is this love in for Warburton , he was just another shite manager in a long list , we are and have been on a downward spiral since Fernandes and his cronies took us over.
            We are definately getting relegated next season , no money to spend , a crap scouting network , poor youth set up. and a poor manager that plays unattractive football .
            To be honest until we can generate more revenue to allow us to spend more on players and get rid of Ferdinand and his cronies i think we will continue to go on this downward spiral.
            Teams like Luton and Coventry have been improving gradually and signing decent players at this level each year and good luck to them , we on the otherhand are getting worse , the board need to stop being the nice guys and get rid of Les and his mob.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
              What is this love in for Warburton , he was just another shite manager in a long list , we are and have been on a downward spiral since Fernandes and his cronies took us over.
              We are definately getting relegated next season , no money to spend , a crap scouting network , poor youth set up. and a poor manager that plays unattractive football .
              To be honest until we can generate more revenue to allow us to spend more on players and get rid of Ferdinand and his cronies i think we will continue to go on this downward spiral.
              Teams like Luton and Coventry have been improving gradually and signing decent players at this level each year and good luck to them , we on the otherhand are getting worse , the board need to stop being the nice guys and get rid of Les and his mob.
              Warbs was a decent manager, he provided the foundation that Brentford used to get to where they are. He has a good footballing brain and we did play some very good football when he was in the box.

What he is though is arrogant and without enough depth to work and adapt with what he has. He proved that in his falling out with Les and his inability to adapt to the squad he had. Shame as a couple of tweaks in attitude and i think he'd still be here and we'd be at least in a marginally better place.

I do agree that Les, and the clubs youth and scouting network, which the former is respnsible for, is the bigger issue. That in turn means that the board need to make some decisions and of course are wholesale responsible. They are trying to generate the revenue, and have tried to do the right things, stadium, training academy etc, but it's all been ineffective, whether by incompetence or lack of vision, professionalism or drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                Happy *****r aren’t you

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

What happened with your love for Nathan Jones? Your strategy has changed and we need consistent direction.

At least he's clear of his Nathan Jones tourettes

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Warbs was a decent manager, he provided the foundation that Brentford used to get to where they are. He has a good footballing brain and we did play some very good football when he was in the box.

What he is though is arrogant and without enough depth to work and adapt with what he has. He proved that in his falling out with Les and his inability to adapt to the squad he had. Shame as a couple of tweaks in attitude and i think he'd still be here and we'd be at least in a marginally better place.

I do agree that Les, and the clubs youth and scouting network, which the former is respnsible for, is the bigger issue. That in turn means that the board need to make some decisions and of course are wholesale responsible. They are trying to generate the revenue, and have tried to do the right things, stadium, training academy etc, but it's all been ineffective, whether by incompetence or lack of vision, professionalism or drive.
                    I agree with Harrow QPR, don't understand desire for Warburton to return. Brentford let him go because he didn't agree with their data method for selecting players. Quote from Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Warburton

"It was later discovered that one reason for Warburton's departure was that he vetoed any incoming transfers during the 2015 January transfer window, only sanctioning the signing of an injured Lewis MacLeod".

They improved when he left. We improved when he left. Our problems started when Mick Beale was being poached, unsettled the team, never recovered.

Comment

We also improved when he started. I don't disagree with what you've pointed out, it only strengthens my point that he was stubborn and refused to adapt, he did well at Brentford and he did well with us until he fell out with the board, both times. He clearly has a shelf life. I don't want Warbs back, I want the club to acknoweldge mistakes and get better, not repeat them.

There must be more to the Beale thing than we know. The man is still a snake but there's something fishy about it, he had every chance of pushing this squad to promotion but it all started to fall apart at a very coincidental time.

Comment

The players did probably suss out that Beale was seeking other opportunities at an early stage.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

what is with this stupidness that thinks going down is a good thing?
                          Yes its worked out for some teams, but we'd be just as likely stuck down there as everyone else is now.
                          Look at the league 1 playoffs. Barnsley, Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday. All of them do larger gates than us and are a league below us.
                          There are 6 teams in League 1 that have bigger attendances than us right now today. We wouldn't be going down and being a big club, we'd be a decent side with a decent manager (for that level) and have a decent chance of going up.

But stop thinking going down is good. Going down would be a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            The players did probably suss out that Beale was seeking other opportunities at an early stage.
                            I think we had a few players who were unprofessional who signed up for Beale's project and just gave up when they realised he was about to leave. I hope other teams see those players for what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I think we had a few players who were unprofessional who signed up for Beale's project and just gave up when they realised he was about to leave. I hope other teams see those players for what they are.
                              So do I!
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Bit difficult this.

If other teams see them for what they are, they won't want them and we'll be stuck with them.

If they don't, we get a chance to cash in but they do the dirty elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X