No announcement yet.

New Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would take Ollie like a shot and look at the situation again in the summer.

But GA could manage the step up to being a championship manager and should we get relegated has experience getting a small team (much smaller than us) to a near play off situation in L1.

For an immediate impact to get us over the line i would go with IH. But if the modern footballer would regard him as yesterdays man then its GA. I have no idea how our our "elite players" would react to IH?

Comment

Originally posted by rangersmonkeyboy View Post
      look what we need firstly is a manager who will get the players working their socks off like warnock did for us. we also need better scouts to spot players who want to battle in every game . and also a bit of investment in better quality players . they are out there as brentford have proved.
      And a half decent medical team that could spot the sicknotes before we sign them

Comment

I honestly think whoever comes here is going to struggle with the way the club are at the moment , having to work under Ferdinand ,no money to sign players.
        They might well keep us up this season but going forward this club are a joke , we need a total transformation from top to bottom and i don't think our owners are up to it.
        I believe they are happy to just tread water in the championship and are hoping that by luck more than anything we get a lucky season and get promoted to the promised land.
        I hope it's not Ainsworth , think he would be a bad fit for the players we've got and would like to remember him for the decent job he done as a player for us.
        If they appoint Holloway , i will personally go to the training ground and stab Ferdinand in the face with a srewdriver.
        Out of all the realistic choices out there , i would give it to Wilder to keep us up then get rid of Ferdinand and cronies at the end of the season and let Wilder bring in his own players etc for next season.

Comment

Its looking more n more like its gonna be Gareth

https://twitter.com/jpercytelegraph/...9XtCrjXRo46IRg

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            I would take Ollie like a shot and look at the situation again in the summer.

But GA could manage the step up to being a championship manager and should we get relegated has experience getting a small team (much smaller than us) to a near play off situation in L1.

For an immediate impact to get us over the line i would go with IH. But if the modern footballer would regard him as yesterdays man then its GA. I have no idea how our our "elite players" would react to IH?
            Ollie would be a sure fire way to go backwards. I doubt any team in the top three divisions would consider him. His time has come and gone. His second spell was nothing short of an abomination. I seem to recall he won his first game back 2-1 against 10 men then lost 6 on the trot and that losing runs became a feature. We are trying to move away from that kind of thing! Last I heard he was being interview by Motherwell.

Comment

Looking more like Ainsworth by the minute. I don't have an issue with it Wycombe poxy little club and he's done well with them regardless of getting them up by default and robbing Peterborough he's kept them up in L1 and competed against much bigger clubs down there what we have.

He will know what decent players are in L1 as thats our budget for players now which is more than can be said of Les

Id give crusty the clown the Dof over Les at present were that desperate.

Comment

joey barton for me he would get them performing or stick out a fag in their eye

Comment

Originally posted by graham hoops View Post
                  joey barton for me he would get them performing or stick out a fag in their eye
                  What a first post

Comment

I was a little disappointed with Our Graham
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                      Lets be honest, if Ainsworth wasn't an ex player would we really be talking about him as a manager for us ?
                      Well we went for Critchley who I don't think has a better CV than Ainsworth. If so then very little in it

Comment

Well, none of the names mentioned above, interest me, apart from maybe, Bielsa, but even then, I'm not that interested in him, it's a difficult one, I just wouldn't know where to look, that's the truth, hands up, I was all in with Beale, gutted that turned out bad, now I can't trust anyone, so from my point of view, I honestly just don't know

Comment

An Ainsworth, a Holloway, a Wilder all have their merits.

But i dont think even after each of them gives this sorry bunch of dropouts we have infiltrating many parts of our senior squad, a rocket, these players have had such a lack of professionalism amd pride that sir alex himself could not budge this lot out of their extreme lethargy.

We need eight points perhaps from 13 games.

As long as we manage to fall over the line, then in pre season, we MUST have a total overhaul of our playing staff. But seriously they beginning to rival the 2014 / 2015 squad..

Comment

As I see it our goals change over time.

Short term - this season - stop the rot, get the points necessary to avoid relegation

Near term - next season or two - steady the boat, consolidate QPR's position in the Championship

Medium term - two to three seasons on - be able to push consistently for promotion

It seems to me, the type of manager required changes as time progresses, and I'm not sure the three terms can be delivered by one single animal.

So do we actually need a journeyman to deliver the first 2 on a 2 year contract, and see what happens after that?

Comment

I'll take the first two for now. Don't worry about the third.

Comment

Good luck to Gareth if he takes the job got to be better than Critchley

Comment

Working...
                                X