Barbet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbet

Won't be extending his contract, joining Bordeux when contract expires apparently
    Thanks Yoann for everything, and good luck

Yeah, good luck to him done well for us.

Comment

I always felt he was a better player than he was given credit for, the master of the last ditch challenge (mostly). I wish him the best of luck.

Comment

Best wishes to him and thanks for all he did, apart from his useless free kicks.

Comment

Daniel Ballard is available to buy and he could be a good option to replace Barbet.
          He did well at Millwall last season.

https://dailycannon.com/2022/05/arse...-interest/amp/

Comment

This could be another option but would face stiff opposition to sign him , as we would with Ballard.
            https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...n-enzo-ebosse/

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Daniel Ballard is available to buy and he could be a good option to replace Barbet.
              He did well at Millwall last season.

https://dailycannon.com/2022/05/arse...-interest/amp/
              One worry I have with Ballard injuries. Loan to Swindon cut short three years ago due to injury. Missed games last two seasons. 25 games for Blackpool and 31 for Millwall.

Barbet was pretty good defender, and always fit. 40+ games per season.

Comment

We would miss Barbet -- made many goal saving stops over the years.

Will be fascinating to see what our defense will look like by opening day.

IMHO, Dunne is the new mainstay. Assume Dickie may be dealt, Jordy and Masterson returned. Need more speed; hope that's a part of Beale's game plan.

Comment

Apparently Darragh Lenihan is avaliable for a free transfer as he wont be extending his contract with Blackburn.

I think he is the perfect replacement for Barbet, would fit very well into that CB position.

But you do have other options out there like Helik and Ballard for example.

Comment

Yoann has announced he has left us
                    Thanks for memories #warrior
                    Good luck to him wish him well

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/BarbetYoa...17691592974338

Comment

So disappointing with that, what chance we got of getting decent players in with what we pay unless he wanted big wages, that ffp had ####ed us

Comment

I doubt it's about money. Hes rumoured to be going back to Bordeaux who got relegated to the second tier of French football. Perhaps it's the length of contract that was the problem because we're planning to play younger players from 23/24. We probably only offered him a one year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                            I doubt it's about money. Hes rumoured to be going back to Bordeaux who got relegated to the second tier of French football. Perhaps it's the length of contract that was the problem because we're planning to play younger players from 23/24. We probably only offered him a one year deal.
                            He’s only 29 hardly over the hill surprised if true no contract offered as he’s never injured 100+ games for us nips in with a goal. Think they’ll be a few more go in next week or so and hopefully some fresh faces in as well

Comment

the fans in the back row of the loft can sleep easy tonight!

Comment

Working...
                              X