Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question about potential new managers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question about potential new managers.

If it was Campbell or Sherwood would you really consider not going next season. I've seen so many posts saying they would not renew season tickets if it was. Me personally, if it was Campbell I definitely would not renew. Sherwood? Possibly, and before anyone sites racism, nothing of the kind. Sol's record is woeful. Tim' is slightly better. At least its at a better level. Either wouldn't sit right. Been a supporter since early 60' and season ticket longer than I care to remember.

Managers come and go... You just have to ride them out.

I was suspicious of Warburton from the get-go and had his card marked within 4 months. I knew we'd achieve nothing with him at the helm so I just focussed on individual games and tried to enjoy them as standalone pieces of entertainment.

Basically you CAN get through it - There's no need to boycott.

Comment

Not going because you don't like the manager choice is literally self harm!

I do not want either of them but i support QPR not the manager and have been though a load of useless managers in the last 40 years ... we are here before they arrive and there after the they have long gone!

And if on the off chance they are a success do you them deem them worthy enough of your support and come back or stay away on principle and cut your nose off to spite your face.

I seem to remember some on here being none to pleased with the appointment of Warnock or Colin as he was called and look how that turned out!

Comment

It's the club as a whole, personnel change all the time over the years, supporters don't, gotta roll with the punches as always ; but never stop going to support the club, whoever is in the dug out or wearing the shirt

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
          If it was Campbell or Sherwood would you really consider not going next season. I've seen so many posts saying they would not renew season tickets if it was. Me personally, if it was Campbell I definitely would not renew. Sherwood? Possibly, and before anyone sites racism, nothing of the kind. Sol's record is woeful. Tim' is slightly better. At least its at a better level. Either wouldn't sit right. Been a supporter since early 60' and season ticket longer than I care to remember.
          Very sad that you or any fan has to qualify your opinion with the assurance you are not racist.
          This country is a huge slurry pit of Lefty accusations and bile against anyone criticizing a non white person .

Comment

I know where KevC59 is coming from, I have been going since 65, season holder for over 50 years, if the shortlist includes, Sherwood, Campbell and some unknown geezer from Newport I am shocked.
            Would I give up going I’m really not sure, I have seen Frank Sibley as manager, only the old ones would know about that.

To be quite honest this shortlist if true is the worst I have ever seen, Ferdinand will die by his own sword with his choices.his mates running U18’s 23’s and B team should also be cleared out as there record is pathetic, Ramsay highly rated, by who.
            Sad state of affairs when a Southend player says Campbell was useless and did not have a clue and he is being interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
              I know where KevC59 is coming from, I have been going since 65, season holder for over 50 years, if the shortlist includes, Sherwood, Campbell and some unknown geezer from Newport I am shocked.
              Would I give up going I’m really not sure, I have seen Frank Sibley as manager, only the old ones would know about that.

To be quite honest this shortlist if true is the worst I have ever seen, Ferdinand will die by his own sword with his choices.his mates running U18’s 23’s and B team should also be cleared out as there record is pathetic, Ramsay highly rated, by who.
              Sad state of affairs when a Southend player says Campbell was useless and did not have a clue and he is being interviewed.
              I agree with you. If they appoint Sol it would feel like they are abusing my support I understand money is tight but I doubt he would come cheap.. Not sure I could get myself up for a 2 hour journey each way at my age to play along with Les looking after his mates.

Comment

FFS these are rumours regarding managers & NO ONE has come in yet as manager, all this slagging off seems pointless , do we know if some of these have been interviewed or going to be? No

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                  FFS these are rumours regarding managers & NO ONE has come in yet as manager, all this slagging off seems pointless , do we know if some of these have been interviewed or going to be? No
                  I don’t believe any of the names like Sherwood, Campbell or Newport man have a chance, Manning maybe, my gut feeling is they are waiting for 1 more play off game to be played, depending on result I think Ainsworth could be interviewed
                  However do I trust Ferdinand to get it right ????

Comment

A shortlist including Campbell, Sherwood and Rowberry is so shockingly poor only two things can explain it: Either Ferdinand has completely lost it or it is made up newspaper nonsense. I like to think it is the latter. To imagine the QPR hierarchy would replace Warburton with Campbell is beyond belief. The idea when you want to replace someone is that you look for a better one than you had. It is simply impossible to believe Ferdinand thinks Campbell is a better choice than Warburton!

There are hundreds of very decent managers in Europe that would love to manage/coach QPR. Many have very good track records. I know Brexit rules will disqualify many foreign ones, but dozens will have points enough be eligible. To go for a high-risk unproven manager such as Campbell, when so many good affordable ones are available, is madness.

If Ferdinand goes for Campbell and fails it will be the end of his reign. If he goes for Manning and it fails, Ferdinand might survive. This simple logic tells me that it will never be Campbell. I don't believe he has even spoken to him about the job as it has to be a none starter in the first place.

Liam Manning looks a good choice to me. Admittedly, he has just one good season at a decent level, but he plays a style of football that suits us. It is no doubt a gamble, like JFH, but one I would accept to take. But I like to see a shortlist of other good options - not the dandruff of Campbell and Sherwood.

I will support QPR whatever manager we go for, and make the long trip from Norway a couple of times every season, but I sincerely hope it won't be to cheer on a team managed by a average League 2 manager at best. We need better to stay up, let alone progress.

Comment

I wouldnt put any money on bookies favourites or media BS. I think it will be Ainsworth.

I'll go to games no matter who the manager is as long as the players play for him and do their best.

Comment

It won’t be Ainsworth. Different style of football. We are a selling club and to produce sellable players to Premier League we need to play similar way to most PL team, like Warburton tried to do. Because of his style of play, Ainsworth has hardly produced one sellable asset in ten years. Thats not the kind of manager we are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                          A shortlist including Campbell, Sherwood and Rowberry is so shockingly poor only two things can explain it: Either Ferdinand has completely lost it or it is made up newspaper nonsense. I like to think it is the latter. To imagine the QPR hierarchy would replace Warburton with Campbell is beyond belief. The idea when you want to replace someone is that you look for a better one than you had. It is simply impossible to believe Ferdinand thinks Campbell is a better choice than Warburton!

There are hundreds of very decent managers in Europe that would love to manage/coach QPR. Many have very good track records. I know Brexit rules will disqualify many foreign ones, but dozens will have points enough be eligible. To go for a high-risk unproven manager such as Campbell, when so many good affordable ones are available, is madness.

If Ferdinand goes for Campbell and fails it will be the end of his reign. If he goes for Manning and it fails, Ferdinand might survive. This simple logic tells me that it will never be Campbell. I don't believe he has even spoken to him about the job as it has to be a none starter in the first place.

Liam Manning looks a good choice to me. Admittedly, he has just one good season at a decent level, but he plays a style of football that suits us. It is no doubt a gamble, like JFH, but one I would accept to take. But I like to see a shortlist of other good options - not the dandruff of Campbell and Sherwood.

I will support QPR whatever manager we go for, and make the long trip from Norway a couple of times every season, but I sincerely hope it won't be to cheer on a team managed by a average League 2 manager at best. We need better to stay up, let alone progress.
                          Excellent post
                          I have supported Rangers for 50 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Great post.

All your rationale after the first paragraph underlines the fact this is all groundless paper talk and bookies froth.

As the post above says:

Comment

I have 1 word when it comes to preconceived notions regarding managers. Warnock! Loathed the guy for his attitude and style of play before he arrived. Within a couple of games I loved his passion and our attacking style.

Whoever comes in, I'll always reserve judgement until they have shown their qualities (or lack of) within this club.

Comment

Working...
                              X