Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years ago today

Twas a great awayday

Went for lunch with one of my saucepans today , reminded him of when we went to Manchester for this ..
    The tension in the ground turned to elation I was kinda happy for them and the memory of being at the game will always stay with me .

Comment

I was really angry we'd lost a game we were winning on 90mins, particularly given we went into the game needing to win to be sure of staying up. I know the other game went our way but I've never bought into the idea that the players/staff 100% knew the other result had gone our way - easiest thing in the world for a few chumps to spread a lie or misinformation by jumping around cheering.

I also remember Hughes promising club would not get into a relegation dogfight the following season in his post-match interview. I suppose he was technically right.... we just went down with a whimper and no fight at all

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        I was really angry we'd lost a game we were winning on 90mins, particularly given we went into the game needing to win to be sure of staying up. I know the other game went our way but I've never bought into the idea that the players/staff 100% knew the other result had gone our way - easiest thing in the world for a few chumps to spread a lie or misinformation by jumping around cheering.

I also remember Hughes promising club would not get into a relegation dogfight the following season in his post-match interview. I suppose he was technically right.... we just went down with a whimper and no fight at all
        I still have Man Utd supporting friends who reckon that QPR threw the game.

Comment

Remember it well, watching on the box, me and the Mrs going mental running around the lounge, she's a United fan, but I married her anyway, she's been up to games with me in the past, I feel physically sick when I hear the words " Mark Hughes" enough said

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

In the rangers end there were constant rumours this team had scored or that team had scored.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              Twas a great awayday

I'm still disappointed we lost, in fact the fact we didn't win

Comment

I still think it was rigged. Watch the city player cutting in from the let and our defence opens up like the red sea All they had to do was stand their ground.

Comment

Wayne Rooney reckons it was rigged too.
                  ​​Saw something this week where he questions Paddy over two of the goals and wonders why from our kickoff we humped the ball to their end giving them possession back

Comment

Great game of football although wish we hadn't lost! What I think gets forgotten is just how well we played that day until around the 90th minute and with ten men for a long spell. If we had showed that kind of drive, fight and determination in more games both that season and the one that followed things may have worked out differently. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I'm still disappointed we lost, in fact the fact we didn't win
                      Yes, Always disappointed if we lose but at the end of this game we were celebrating as if we won !! Weird !!

Comment

10 years ago!!! WOW
                        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Wayne Rooney reckons it was rigged too.
                          ​​Saw something this week where he questions Paddy over two of the goals and wonders why from our kickoff we humped the ball to their end giving them possession back
                          Wayne Rooney reckons Paddy should have done better but Paddy wax playing for QPR and not Man Utd or Man City for a reason, he was a good keeper but not a great one...yes a better keeper does better but them's the breaks.

Comment

I remember trying to stay up for this match, was living in Australia. Fell asleep on the couch and caught up via twitter commentary when i woke up at 5am or whatever time it was, still remember it, incredible day.

Comment

Working...
                            X