Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton Leaving - Official

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...season-280422/

I would highlight that they want the new manager to build on the style of play.

The wingbacks are here to stay and as I mentioned a while ago, that's been set by the DoF. Warbs has been following Biard instructions to set the team up that way. Probably to maximise player resell value because that's the formation played by most premiership teams.

Comment

Well, it's the most dignified exit he could hope for, I would personally wish him well in whatever he goes on to do in life.
      I have cursed him and slagged him off since Christmas, but always, with the proviso that it was not the man personally, but his football methods that I was unhappy with, it's not all been terrible under his tenure, but we couldn't go on as it was, I hope he gets a good send off tomorrow night, and knowing the Rangers fans, he will do

Comment

Definitely the right decision. The 2nd half of the season has been extremely poor and that's putting it nicely. Losing Willock was a huge blow but bloke can't do it all. Why he never signed anyone in Jan showed blind faith in what we already got.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Best of luck to him. He really brought pride back to our club.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Although like everyone here I was disappointed with our collapse after a poor January transfer for window I think he did a very good job overall, time will tell whether this is the right move depending who comes in and the results they achieve! I think every manager has a shelf life and it may have been up for MW but in true QPR fashion I expect a hire that gets us excited then by the World Cup break we'll be calling for his head as we flirt with relegation!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Wrong decision Imo.
              So the style of play must remain.
              Then the board must help the manager get the players to play it.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Wrong decision Imo.
                ​​​​​​
                Deffo poor decision by the board think he could've stayed on for another year with decent investment , don't see many other glaring replacements for him not sure on style of play like the way we knock it around but really need to move the ball a lot quicker ,our lack of pace through the whole team front to back has cost us, Really should've brought in another striker in January Hendrick not needed , Stand out player Willock sadly he'll be gone in the summer , Chair flatter to deceive, big mistake bringing him straight back into team after AFCON Amos & Willock doing well , 5 win while he was away, and lost the plot when he decided to play Willock as a striker, but I would've kept him in charge

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

Deffo poor decision by the board think he could've stayed on for another year with decent investment , don't see many other glaring replacements for him not sure on style of play like the way we knock it around but really need to move the ball a lot quicker ,our lack of pace through the whole team front to back has cost us, Really should've brought in another striker in January Hendrick not needed , Stand out player Willock sadly he'll be gone in the summer , Chair flatter to deceive, big mistake bringing him straight back into team after AFCON Amos & Willock doing well , 5 win while he was away, and lost the plot when he decided to play Willock as a striker, but I would've kept him in charge
                  The formation seems to be set by the DoF to maximise player value as any going to the premiership will.need to play that system. Our players will not be sold for big money if they being played in a 442.

The approach within that style is probably dedicated by the budget. To get a squad together we have to bring in cheaper players and that means older and those with injury records. Then you cross your fingers. I suspect the slow pace is just carrying what bodies we have left to minimise further squad injuries.

As Dave says we need the players to do it and that means a bigger budget.

We should cash in on the players of value that Warbs has developed and do another squad rebuild. I cant see why Warbs isnt capable of doing the next phase. Otherwise, it's just a gamble - do exactly the same hoping for a different result next time.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Wrong decision Imo.
                    ​​​​​​
                    don't often agree with everything Simon Jordon says -but i think this is spot on!

Having his say on the matter, Jordan said of the QPR board on talkSPORT earlier this morning:

“At the beginning of the season, Les Ferdinand and that little group talked about where they expected QPR to be, and they are where they expected to be.

“What Mark Warburton did was get them to a certain higher level, and they fell away at the business end of the season because they didn’t have enough quality in the side to be able to compete with the other sides. They moved the goalposts.”

Comment

Good luck Mark and thanks.

Comment

I think our form since Christmas left the board with little choice. I think it's probably the correct decision though it does seem a shame, time ultimately will tell.

Comment

Working...
                        X