Manager rumour or who you want thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
    Ainsworth on Talksport basically trying to stay Loyal to Wycombe but at the same time putting himself in the frame for our job and Blackburns the team he supports.

If wycombe lose tomorrow he will be off!
    He was a player for 20yrs and has done a great job at Wycombe. He deserves an opportunity to manage in the championship again. I'm hoping he'll be our manager / coach by the end of next week.

Comment

• Out of those mentioned, I would look d go for Manning purely for the playing style.
      Another one linked is Karl Robinson who also likes to play expansive football.

As for Ainsworth, a popular player whose reputation will only likely get tarnished if results go badly, as it did for the likes of T Francis, Wilkins and to a lesser extent Holloway for his 2nd stint.

Hopefully, if he does get the job he can coach a number of styles rather than just the direct football at Wycombe. If he can play expansive, entertaining and winning football he can improve his status even more, especially if he stays for a long period of 5 or 6 seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
        Is there any good assistant managers out there who may want to try their hand ? Such as Peter Krawietz Klopp's side kick ?
        John Eustace

Comment

• Deffo don't want Ainsworth, it would end in tears.

Of all the realistic candidates, Manning is the pick. Unless there is something left of field, he ticks all the boxes of budget, youth, not too big for the club or Les, style of play, available (MK Dons seem to think it's happening), and actually looks quite good.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
            Deffo don't want Ainsworth, it would end in tears.

Of all the realistic candidates, Manning is the pick. Unless there is something left of field, he ticks all the boxes of budget, youth, not too big for the club or Les, style of play, available (MK Dons seem to think it's happening), and actually looks quite good.
            Watched his team destroy Plymouth last game of the season, and argyle had a playoff spot to secure, and have a formidable home record.
            Mk hit em for 5

Comment

• If we donīt have a new man in reigns next week i will get worried. We need few new players and doubt they want to sign if they donīt know who their new boss is

Comment

• According to one of the rumours we are now closer to appointing Ainsworth because Wycombe lost in the playoff final today.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  According to one of the rumours we are now closer to appointing Ainsworth because Wycombe lost in the playoff final today.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61537994

Seems like he's saying the opposite here.

Comment

• Originally posted by KismetRanger View Post

I agree, but "They (QPR or Blackburn) gave me an offer I couldn`t refuse" might be what he says in a few days time. No saying he is the one I want though...
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by KismetRanger View Post

Hes a class act and I'd like to give him a man hug.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                        If we donīt have a new man in reigns next week i will get worried. We need few new players and doubt they want to sign if they donīt know who their new boss is
                        Unfortunately Mbappe had already said hes staying at PSG. That'll teach us for dicking about.

Comment

• Anyone else bored of the manager situation now? I honestly don’t care who it is now, lost all enthusiasm. Who ever is it I think will struggle next season so we’ll be probably in the same position this time next year looking for the next poor sod.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                            If we donīt have a new man in reigns next week i will get worried. We need few new players and doubt they want to sign if they donīt know who their new boss is
                            I don't think players give a monkeys. Any player signing a 3+ year contract knows they will see at least 2 managers over that time.
                            I think Lee/Les make the sales pitch and tout the vision etc. Let's face it, the player probably glazes over just wondering when they'll get to the bit about pay.
                            I wouldn't care if Eustace was in charge as caretaker in August to be honest.

Comment

• On twitter that Liam Manning has turned us down ,if true NOT good news

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                                Anyone else bored of the manager situation now? I honestly don’t care who it is now, lost all enthusiasm. Who ever is it I think will struggle next season so we’ll be probably in the same position this time next year looking for the next poor sod.
                                Same here.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X