Sheff utd - final home game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed.

I don't really blame Warbs too much for the slump - these things happen in football and I put it more down the players who, apart from the Luton game have looked like they were just going through the motions really. It's Warbs' job to address that though and he doesn't appear to have any answer and some of his selection/substitute decisions have been bizarre frankly.

I do worry though that it won't be easy to find a decent replacement manager, decent replacement players and we will pretty much be starting all over again. Again.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Agreed how these players have downed tools and folded is disgraceful , clueless manager that keeps making bizarre substitutions and still doesn't.know his best team after 45 games
      I think he does know his best team but 2 thirds of them and probably the best ones are in the treatment room! Dieng, Dickie, Barbet, Willock, and you could probably add Odebajo and wallace as starters too..are all unavailable for selection...add Dyke s to that as a regularly injured player and that 7 of the starting eleven.

Having said that what i d find odd is that just as Gray was finding a bit of Form - scoring albeit penalties he drops him...goals however they come are important for a strikers confidence so i find that odd

Comment

Wash, rinse and repeat is the Warburton way. I was talking with fans and predicted which players were going to be subbed and their replacements bar Kakay, before they were made. Why sub Amos when others played worse.? Why not bring on a 2nd striker? Its the same game after game.

Injuries have had a big impact but the signs were there before. Apart from a few late and lucky late wins in January we have been poor since December.

Yet all we have had is the same again with the hope of getting different results. He has taken us back to where we were in 2020 playing crap with 1 striker and very little service to him.

Comment

So Charlie is out of contract this summer.
          He actually was given a one year deal with an appearance clause to trigger the second year, which was not met.
          Good luck Chaz, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            So Charlie is out of contract this summer.
            He actually was given a one year deal with an appearance clause to trigger the second year, which was not met.
            Good luck Chaz, thanks
            If yesterday was his last game, then I'm glad he scored. He would have scored more this season with better service, but it's time for him to call it a day, so he can leave with his head high and fans appreciation.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

If yesterday was his last game, then I'm glad he scored. He would have scored more this season with better service, but it's time for him to call it a day, so he can leave with his head high and fans appreciation.
              Agree Dark.
              He's someone I didn't want to see getting slated by supporters

Comment

Not sure he will be retiring. He's 32 not 35. Get him fit and get 2 decent wingers into a side and he will get 10+ goals next season for whoever he goes to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                  Not sure he will be retiring. He's 32 not 35. Get him fit and get 2 decent wingers into a side and he will get 10+ goals next season for whoever he goes to.
                  Rumour on twitta Stoke are interested in him

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                    Why can't he get himself fit?

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Why can't he get himself fit?
                      Cos he's been allowed to get away with it. Too busy going on social media and guesting on talksh1te. Turned up to pre season out of shape and stayed that way all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Cos he's been allowed to get away with it. Too busy going on social media and guesting on talksh1te. Turned up to pre season out of shape and stayed that way all season.
                        In which case we dont want unprofessional players who cant take responsibility for their own fitness levels. Always someone else's fault hey!

Bye bye Chaz and I hope you enjoyed filling your pockets with our money!!

Comment

• Was out yesterday met a old mate told me his sister in law was married to Chas

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            Was out yesterday met a old mate told me his sister in law was married to Chas
                            Bianca is originally from Swindon and he met her when playing for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

He is Lucky he ain't a Boxer, He could of found this approach Painful!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

I think he does know his best team but 2 thirds of them and probably the best ones are in the treatment room! Dieng, Dickie, Barbet, Willock, and you could probably add Odebajo and wallace as starters too..are all unavailable for selection...add Dyke s to that as a regularly injured player and that 7 of the starting eleven.

Having said that what i d find odd is that just as Gray was finding a bit of Form - scoring albeit penalties he drops him...goals however they come are important for a strikers confidence so i find that odd
                                Even with most of them fit he still chopped and changed even leaving willock on the bench one game , I stand by he doesn't know his best 11.
                                When u take to the pitch u.have to firstly match the opposing team with a level of fitness he is playing players that are blowing out of their backside , Johansen the main culprit ... He's Subbing dozzell and Amos as they are knackered after an hour both of them lack any real stamina and they're only In there early 20s . Then your team need to chase every ball , fight for every 50/50 and have heart and a will to win , we had none of this and Sheffield United steam rolled us not because they were much better than us but because they wanted it more

Comment

Working...
                                X