Outside the play offs now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside the play offs now

It's gonna be tough to get back into the top 6.

Not if we shape up against Luton and forest
    Manager needs to get this over to them . Lose these games and it's ta la to the play offs

Comment

Manager needs to know how he wants us to play...lets start again and play as if we know what we are doing with a purpose as since xmas we haven't we've won games where we should have been stuffed luck was with us now it isn't this is what we really are top half team sorry but must be realistic sometimes and not to ######## yourself

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        Not if we shape up against Luton and forest
        Manager needs to get this over to them . Lose these games and it's ta la to the play offs
        Maybe he should have said that before the Cardiff match??

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
          It's gonna be tough to get back into the top 6.
          Really! But 6points off 2nd

Comment

Surely it's time to say that promotion this season is a long shot, and not something this squad is ready for.

We should be less concerned about league position and more concerned about sorting the team out ready for next year, playing style, personnel, formation and our attitude. Last year showed just how good a run in the latter half of the season can be, how much confidence it carries.

Of course we should be pushing for the highest position possible, play better and results will come. Top 6 would be great and shows real intent. But I'd rather not fumble our way in there, papering over the cracks in this team.

Comment

I can't see us getting a top 4 finish while Warburton insists playing this tippy tap football and system, surely someone at the club has the balls to tell him it doesn't work, he is to stubborn to change.
              It seems that he wants to be proved right that it is the right way.
              All he is doing is if we f uck this up considering the position we were in at the end of January, is that he will be out of a job at the end of the season, he needs to sort it out now before it's to late.
              if what ever system he plays they need to get the ball forward a lot quicker, surely he must realise that is the way to get results, because other sides have realised that it doesn't work the way we play, but Warburton just keeps on playing the same way because he doesn't have a plan b, which has been said by previous clubs he had managed.
              So Warburton sort it out or your "toast"

Comment

There is always one team who are in there and fades at the end and ends up dropping out, I fear that will be us we're in really poor form and don't look like we're any way near finding our way out of the slump, and the team looks miles away from where it was earlier in the season, Strikers not performing defence slow, and our lethargic slow build up way of playing, teams have sussed us out, I also think we were probably punching above our weight a bit, with so many tough away games to come too. Luton like a scrap not sure we have the players for that? Away games at Forest, Sheff Utd, Preston, Hudderfield, all of who are in good form, add to that the Ruperts at Home, think we will miss out, I think that this will be our best chance of play offs, squad will break up some will move on better players sold Willock, Dieng ,Chair, maybe Dunne too . we will then fade into mid table mediocrity then maybe even struggle near the bottom for a few years

Comment

We will struggle to improve on last season's 9th I reckon - we're so far of the required pace/intensity required to win games it's embarrassing talking about top 6.

It's inexplicable what has happened to this group of players that had a stellar 2021. We were in top 6 constantly since 1-0 win at Cardiff on November 3rd (except for a few days at end of December when covid postponements and Sky shifted our games) - 4 solid months. Indeed, we entered the year as serious contenders for top 2 but it's almost as if the team buckled and bottled it when we hit 3rd spot and has never recovered.

Obviously we will remain mathematically in touch for several weeks yet and every week we will fail to win another "must win" last chance it's now or never game. I don't think we'll be put out of our misery until mid-April.

Comment

Luton quite simply is a must win game.

Win and we go back to 5th.

If we lose then we quite simply are out of the playoff hunt.

Sunday is bascially like a cup final for us now, we have got to turn up, no excuses.

Comment

All the games are cup finals now, but have to agree that is probably unlikely that we will hit the play offs, it's a sad thing to even think about never mind to say it out loud, a season that promised so much up until the turn of the year will more than likely fizzle into mediocrity.

Comment

'We have got to turn up, no excuses.' The players have to turn up not us! I am sure that most of the fans will give everything for the cause, however, it is at the players hands. They have to delivered.

Comment

Sadly this was very probable given we have lost 4 and drawn 2of our last 7 games which included 'winnable' ones at home to Hull and Cardiff on top of losing at Millwall and embarrassingly at Barnsley.

I don't think we will be improving any time soon given our next 2 games are away and live on Sky against Luton and Forest.

We lack fight, energy and creativity in our ponderous football and our forwards are struggling with injury and form.

As Abs said, we could struggle to beat last season's 9th place but will still cling on to mathematical chance of making the top 6. Given how we were playing in 2021 and Jan 2022 it is a huge disappointment to drop out like this.

MW needs to change tactics as he did in 2021 to try and revive this season. We also need Dykes, Austin and Gray to be fit and available for the remaining games or at least promote our U23 strikers.

Comment

We won't finish top 6 don't have a striker and starting to ship in the goals. Fulham highlighting how bad this division is by walking it every wk.
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Have to get the ball into box quicker, and generally look to get forward quicker.
                              we used to do it without lumping it aimlessly.
                              Play two forwards bring in Amos for Hendrick, get Sanderson back in.
                              And give Sinclair a place on the bench

Comment

Working...
                              X