So that's that.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that's that.....

So that's the FA cup done again for another year, as someone who was there for both games, 40 years ago ( f- ucking hell) it maybe have been nice to have a good run this anniversary year , but we do have bigger fish to fry this season in my opinion, it's a blessing in disguise for me, we won't have a better chance at a shot of promotion than we have right now, I know that others on here see the premiership as the great Satan, but like it or not, football is now about money, the money is in the premiership, if we want to see growth in our club , it's obvious we need that money, to grow the stadium, be it where we are now, or god forbid, somewhere else, to grow the team as well,
    I'm sick of settling for the grind of mid table championship season after season, we need to move on and be the club we all want us to be, and the club we deserve to be!!
    Now is the time!!

Feel the same way.

Think we now have the team that could get us there, and additional FA Cup action would distract us from getting there.

Also believe today’s game was a wake-up call of sorts re the remainder of the season — that our easiest path to and beyond the playoffs rest in maximum effort every game.

Peterborough is an average team at best, and despite outplaying them we lost.

Am certain MW will use it as a motivator.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      Feel the same way.

Think we now have the team that could get us there, and additional FA Cup action would distract us from getting there.

Also believe today’s game was a wake-up call of sorts re the remainder of the season — that our easiest path to and beyond the playoffs rest in maximum effort every game.

Peterborough is an average team at best, and despite outplaying them we lost.

Am certain MW will use it as a motivator.

I'm sure deep down, he's glad it's out of the way, and yes, nobody likes a defeat of any sort, but it will now concentrate minds on to the main goal, galvanise the team for the rest of the season.
      We have nothing to fear, but fear itself, he will do the right things, the players need to do the right things, give it the best shot they can, and what will be, will be, but whatever the outcome, it's been a great season for us fans, the tremendous support home and away shows that in spades

Comment

We)'ve brought in three additional players in Jan which would not have been cheap. Now we need grab that £300m prize to set us up nicely for the next ten years. Invest in young players and keep some money back so we can compete every season. Do it right and we wont need to move grounds. There's nothing wrong with being a competitive championship club with the odd season in the prem.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          We)'ve brought in three additional players in Jan which would not have been cheap. Now we need grab that £300m prize to set us up nicely for the next ten years. Invest in young players and keep some money back so we can compete every season. Do it right and we wont need to move grounds. There's nothing wrong with being a competitive championship club with the odd season in the prem.
          Agree, I don't think we are doing much wrong at the moment. 80% chance we wont go up this year and I'm fine with that. Financially we should keep being sensible and resist the urge to overreach. Invest whatever money we have into the future and not short term gains. Getting that Prem £300mil would be great but we shouldn't gamble of screw ourselves to get it. I have faith If we keep up what we are doing we will get there eventually and we will be able to properly secure out future.

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post

Agree, I don't think we are doing much wrong at the moment. 80% chance we wont go up this year and I'm fine with that. Financially we should keep being sensible and resist the urge to overreach. Invest whatever money we have into the future and not short term gains. Getting that Prem £300mil would be great but we shouldn't gamble of screw ourselves to get it. I have faith If we keep up what we are doing we will get there eventually and we will be able to properly secure out future.
            That's great if you are 33 yrs old, I'm pushing 63, time is not on my side !!! LOL

Comment

You only have to look at yesterdays game alongside Fulham’s game at Man City yesterday to know ho miserable next season would be if we were to go up this year. As a club and a team we are not ready for the premiership…

Comment

It's a difficult one , if we were to go up it would be getting hammered most weeks , tourist fans and £50/60 away games . Personally I love going to the Peterborough, Luton , Barnsley type grounds but we must have ambition so I'd settle for the yo yoing like Fulham or Norwich .. being able to compete is important

Comment

Just wish we could virtually go up.
                  If we could finish top two or win the playoffs, but then say no thanks, we'll take the cash but you can keep the shitshow joke of the pl with its circus of its a goal, to no it's been cancelled by a man in the studio miles away.
                  Prefer this league but just make these crappy refs responsible for their rubbish decisions and improve or get booted out

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    There's nothing wrong with being a competitive championship club with the odd season in the prem.
                    Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

That's great if you are 33 yrs old, I'm pushing 63, time is not on my side !!! LOL
                      You are a mere child.

The year we get to the Prem will be before you start to draw your State Pension. I will be beyond my three score years and ten. I can suffer a Premiership year of dire results, I have before in the Championship (often). For I will (my frail body willing) experience the resulting years of plenty back in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

There are a few of us on here mid 50s+ who feel the same way. Our owners are also getting on, so yes, we need to aim to go up this or next year in order to raise funds to build a new stadium and push on etc.
                        Time is not a luxury for us all.

Comment

Hate the Cups! We have been carp for decades now.

Lets just hope we can now crack on in what has been an excellent season in the league.

Comment

Working...
                          X