Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burnley were apparently watching Dykes Tuesday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He came back crocked from Scotland. But after today his goals per minutes on the pitch are just over a goal every two games. Theres a player there.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ip/top-scorers

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Do you agree with Romford that hes worth about £2m?
      more than that definitely now. We signed him for about 2mil ourselves and since then he has become a regular goalscorer for scotland at international level and a very good targetman at championship level. People saying hes worth 25mil or whatever are deluded but he is definately worth at least 5mil IMO

Comment

This is a no brainer.
        Do not let him go.
        Not now.

If we do we are left with two at best average strikers with no backups. And I feel Dykes is about to go on a run.

We have waited too long and come too far to mess around.

Love our team (with Marshall and Sanderson as the newbies).

Stay the course!

Comment

Unless the club has a replacement lined up from somewhere for Dykes, we should be holding firm and reject all offers.

Dykes should stick it out with us, Why go to Burnley when they are looking doomed for relegation?

Comment

None of the top stars will be sold now we could go into second if we win our game in hand.

If we dont go up I can see them all moving on and we buy tte next generation and fund the overspend. It's a win win in my book.

Comment

Realistically I think only chair and willock will be sold for big money. Not sure anyone else would command a fee where the club would have take the money and run. Chair and willock are technically good enough for the prem. Not sure anyone else is at that stage yet. I think Dunne could end up being our next big asset. The guy is class.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                None of the top stars will be sold now we could go into second if we win our game in hand.

If we dont go up I can see them all moving on and we buy tte next generation and fund the overspend. It's a win win in my book.
                A smart piece of business would be really pushing the boat out and offering Willock an extended and improved contract. His current deal expires at end of next season, this will dent his value big time. Most other decent players here have deals until at least 2024 so forking out a wedge on Chris would be win-win in my book and I'd rather do that than splashing out on a new player today.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

A smart piece of business would be really pushing the boat out and offering Willock an extended and improved contract. His current deal expires at end of next season, this will dent his value big time. Most other decent players here have deals until at least 2024 so forking out a wedge on Chris would be win-win in my book and I'd rather do that than splashing out on a new player today.
                  Dont the club “always” include an extra year (at their discretion )when signing players now ?

It’s highly likely If we don’t get promoted this season he’s probably sold to balance the books anyway.

I don’t get this “lets settle for being in the play offs this season”

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

We absolutely have to nail Chris down.

Still feel like we need something else though. Striker yeah, wing backs still not convinced we have the talent, maybe something in the middle.

I feel the squad is good enough to get promoted, but for some reason i can't see them staying up, and we should be strengthening not necessarily for the promotion push but for what happens when it happens so the squad is ready and doesn't need too much of an overhaul. (It's not an if, it's a when).

For me that's the flanks, and attacking options, with another good central midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Dont the club “always” include an extra year (at their discretion )when signing players now ?

It’s highly likely If we don’t get promoted this season he’s probably sold to balance the books anyway.

I don’t get this “lets settle for being in the play offs this season”
                      Buying a new player guarantees nothing. Whatever we invested in Chris today we'd get back two or three times over if we sold him at end of season. We can never ignore fact we are a selling club that needs to make money in transfer market - we can't throw those principles out the window every time we win a few games.

Comment

It’s no coincidence that MW has stated that no contract negotiations will take place before the end of the season as where we end up is unknown.

Giving Willock a pay rise at this point would be an unnecessary expense with 2 yrs left on his contract.

MW has said he wants to bring in 1 or 2 players be it on loan or value for money transfer fees,I’m confident that by doing that it will increase our chances of being promoted.

Comment

Working...
                        X