Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burnley were apparently watching Dykes Tuesday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he goes it will be for about 4 or 5 mill . Reckon we'd take that as he's hardly irreplaceable .

Comment

They wouldn’t have learnt anything from Tuesday or Saturday, probably concluded their look if they offer silly money then take it

Comment

I would NOT sell him for £4-5M that is for sure! He’s Scotlands first choice striker and has scored regularly for them with the right service! Must be worth £10M right now just for that! We don’t need to sell him, he’s on a fairly long contract, so IF an unbelievable offer comes in for him, then we can think about the sale. Until then he stays and keeps learning off Charlie to make him a better all round striker.

Comment

Has to be minimum £10m and preferably £15m+. Whilst a huge sum of money, in football terms it is peanuts for a striker at Premiership/Championship level. If I put a shirt with a number 9 printed on it on my dog I would expect clubs to be offering £10m+ for her.

Comment

Does your dog chase you often?
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Can’t believe people actually think we’d get 10-15mil for Dykes. Not a chance he makes it in the Prem. He’s a good battering ram for this league but I’d snap someone’s hand off for 5 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                Does your dog chase you often?
                yes but after three years still hasn't got the hang of bringing the ball back. Not a team player, would be a nightmare in the dressing room.

Comment

Sounds like our Adel.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

As Dykes is worth about 2 million that would be a miracle, cannot see anyone buying Dykes as he lacks basic skills, now mid 20’s and will hardly get any better.
                    What say you now?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

What say you now?

Hope Burnley scouts stayed home today?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

What say you now?

2 goals in a game doesn’t change my mind about him, still lacks a lot of basic skills, however well played to him, he took his goals well, works hard and always puts in a good shift, however will stick with my valuation of him, would love to be proved wrong.
                        Last edited by Romford Hoop; 29-01-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I think some of you underestimate him.

Some of the games his feeding off drips.

I didn't go today due to work but at Coventry, there was hardly any service.

4-0 today, blimy... That's what I'm talking about. Soooo Happy!

Comment

Brighton turned down £10 mil for Dan Burn from Newcastle. He's a bang average defender but he plays in prem.

Given our position and possibility of promotion we must keep Dykes with the potential of selling him as a bang average prem striker in 12 months for £25+ mil. Like Chris Woods.

Anyway, I like Dykes. Restored to the team with regular starts will get him in the groove and the goals will flow. I would only sell him today for silly money, say £15mil+

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

2 goals in a game doesn’t change my mind about him, still lacks a lot of basic skills, however well played to him, he took his goals well, works hard and always puts in a good shift, however will stick with my valuation of him, would love to be proved wrong.
                              You are right he is a limited player but he can head a ball bloody well. If he keeps getting into the right positions, finds the space, and enough quality crosses are put in - he will score. Today showed that. Plus like you said he's a grafter. Keep playing to his strengths and not his weaknesses he will score more.

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post

You are right he is a limited player but he can head a ball bloody well. If he keeps getting into the right positions, finds the space, and enough quality crosses are put in - he will score. Today showed that. Plus like you said he's a grafter. Keep playing to his strengths and not his weaknesses he will score more.
                                Do you agree with Romford that hes worth about £2m?

Comment

Working...
                                X