Marshall v Dieng?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall v Dieng?

Seny is riding the Senegal bench while Marshall continues to show veteran skills between the sticks. When he returns his resumption of starting duties will not be automatic. A good problem for the club to have.

Its a good problem to have. Marshall seems to be a real safe set of hands in goal and made some important saves yesterday.

Dieng and Marshall are going to have a real fight for that GK spot.

Comment

Marshall obviously brings great experience and with his positioning and instructions brings confidence to the defence. BUT, I think maybe he parries the ball too much, watching highlights of him on sky last night v Coventry and hadn't seen it till then. Remember Julio Cesar? Brilliant shot stopper to be fair to him but constantly knocking the ball into dangerous positions. Not sure.

Certainly a capable goalie and extremely valuable to the team, in particular bring Seny and others along. We've had a decent run of goalies really.

Comment

I think Dieng will not go straight back in to the team, but will be back in after a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          Marshall obviously brings great experience and with his positioning and instructions brings confidence to the defence. BUT, I think maybe he parries the ball too much, watching highlights of him on sky last night v Coventry and hadn't seen it till then. Remember Julio Cesar? Brilliant shot stopper to be fair to him but constantly knocking the ball into dangerous positions. Not sure.

Certainly a capable goalie and extremely valuable to the team, in particular bring Seny and others along. We've had a decent run of goalies really.
          Are you sure? What I saw was that he more often than not went after the ball and kept it. I could be wrong of course.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Are you sure? What I saw was that he more often than not went after the ball and kept it. I could be wrong of course.
            I didn't watch the Coventry game, so maybe wrong, just when Sky were talking him up they showed his saves from the match, good saves i guess but seemed to parry everything.

Didn't see anything concerning last night, other than tip tapping around the back, but the entire defence was guilty of that, obviously been told to do it.

Comment

Seny is as good keeper, no arguments there, but Marshall does seem to bring a certain calmness in the defence, seems to chat a lot to those around him, but like it's been said a nice thing to have them both there, just the other problems to sort out before the end of the month!!!

Comment

I didn't watch the Coventry game, so maybe wrong, just when Sky were talking him up they showed his saves from the match, good saves i guess but seemed to parry everything.

Didn't see anything concerning last night, other than tip tapping around the back, but the entire defence was guilty of that, obviously been told to do it.
                Could be true that!!

QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

If we don't go up this season could see Dieng leaving in the summer. Marshall could be a decent shout as a replacement if so. If the club genuinely rates Walsh would be good to have those two and Archer as our keepers next season. A very experienced replacement and no transfer fee. For me early days but so far so good. Could see him having another couple of decent years at this level.

Comment

Marshall is the better keeper.
                    Happy for him to keep his place in the side.

Comment

I watched this with my son,and we thought exactly the same, he didn't manage to hold onto the ball once, which was almost comical.
                      ​​​​​​
                      ​​​​​That said, it Was only a snapshot of the game and I have been impressed with him so far.

Comment

Lucky charm not lost since he started ,fingers crossed

Comment

I don't think there is any chance Marshall doesn't keep his place for now, harsh on Dieng but those are the realities of leaving to play international football!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                          X