Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 points out the window if Derby is expelled

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3 points out the window if Derby is expelled

    I understand Derby will be expelled from the League if they cannot present proof of 6m funding to complete the season by February 1st.

    If Derby fails to provide this proof of financing, all their results this season will be deleted. This will hit QPR and Blackburn harder than all other Top 10 clubs.

    The 10 clubs will be deleted following points:
    QPR 3
    Blackburn 3
    Fulham 1
    WBA 1
    Huddersfield 1
    Forest 1
    Middlesbrough 1
    Coventry 1
    Bournemouth 0
    Stoke 0
    WBA is the only club from top 10 that has played Derby twice. WBA has got just 1 point of of a possible 6 and will be the one to profit the most if Derby is expelled. Right now, we are two points ahead of WBA with one game in hand. If we win this game we can be 5 points above them. However, if Derby is out, we will have equal number of points, and no game in hand, so theoretically a swing of five points in WBAs favor.

    Bournemouth is also benefitting if Derby is kicked out. Right now we are five points behind them with one game in hand. If Derby is out we will be eight points behind them (still with a game in hand).

    It is very likely that promotion and the play offs will be affected by whether Derby finds that 6m funding (= find a new owner) by end of the month.

    It goes without saying that I sincerely hope Derby finds a way! By the way, given their severe constraints, I am highly impressed by the results Derby keeps producing.

  • #2
    EFL need to do right by Derby, or this will be Bury all over again. Messed with the table massively....

    Comment


    • #3
      It's sort of wrong that clubs are penalised by the misdeeds of others, but its obviously the fairest way of doing things, as much as it will hurt us.
      This situation needs sorting urgently, I've no love for Derby, but I don't want their fans to lose their club, and don't want to lose a famous old club to the actions of yet another wide boy wrecking a club.
      On the field they are doing really well at present so fair play to them.
      Good luck to them and I hope it gets sorted for them somehow

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
        It's sort of wrong that clubs are penalised by the misdeeds of others, but its obviously the fairest way of doing things, as much as it will hurt us.
        This situation needs sorting urgently, I've no love for Derby, but I don't want their fans to lose their club, and don't want to lose a famous old club to the actions of yet another wide boy wrecking a club.
        On the field they are doing really well at present so fair play to them.
        Good luck to them and I hope it gets sorted for them somehow
        I agree and hopefully they will survive if the EFL can find a way. They have an important history and it is the fans who suffer most.

        Maybe someone will buy Tom Lawrence from them. He is 28 years old and he must be worth around 500k - 1M (if not more, depending how long left on his contract). I don't know if they have others worth selling - obviously this won't help their league position, but it is better than being expelled.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

          I agree and hopefully they will survive if the EFL can find a way. They have an important history and it is the fans who suffer most.

          Maybe someone will buy Tom Lawrence from t fhem. He is 28 years old and he must be worth around 500k - 1M (if not moreor, depending how long left on his contract). I don't know if they have others worth selling - obviously this won't help their league position, but it is better than being expelled.
          I don't know if you caught the highlights from the weekend or not, but he scored two outstanding goals and he is by far their biggest asset, I wouldn't mind him coming to us, but it won't happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            There's little prospect of EFL expelling Derby at this juncture - it's more about drawing some lines in sand before start of next season and possibly gee'ing up the separate arbitration matter involving Boro and Wycombe which seems to have gone nowhere for more than a year.

            Do NOT feel sorry for this scummy bunch of scrotes. Their latest wheeze was taking advantage of covid induced tax deferral to stay in business then immediately going into administration when the tax became due. Nevermind banging saucepans to help the NHS, we support it by paying tax.

            BTW, Bury stopped playing games mid-season. It was suicide, not really expulsion by EFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

              I agree and hopefully they will survive if the EFL can find a way. They have an important history and it is the fans who suffer most.

              Maybe someone will buy Tom Lawrence from them. He is 28 years old and he must be worth around 500k - 1M (if not more, depending how long left on his contract). I don't know if they have others worth selling - obviously this won't help their league position, but it is better than being expelled.
              Top player, always thought he should be playing at a higher level. I would estimate that his wages are too high for us unfortunately.

              Comment


              • #8
                By logic Derby should just cut cloth, if the club surviving means more. Play the U23s and get rid of the lads on big wages and make dosh on those that are worth a few bob.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  By logic Derby should just cut cloth, if the club surviving means more. Play the U23s and get rid of the lads on big wages and make dosh on those that are worth a few bob.
                  The voice of sense and reason.

                  But do they apply to football?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

                    I don't know if you caught the highlights from the weekend or not, but he scored two outstanding goals and he is by far their biggest asset, I wouldn't mind him coming to us, but it won't happen.
                    I did and would be keen on him too as he is a good goalscoring midfielder (who scored against us too IIRC). Only thing is we have Chair and Willock playing similar roles.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know it's highly unlikely but if Boro were to be successful in suing Derby for their failure to get promoted at Derby's expense (whilst Derby were in effect cheating) wouldn't it give rise for Derby to sue us for the same thing? It was our play off final winning year when we breached FFP.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                        I know it's highly unlikely but if Boro were to be successful in suing Derby for their failure to get promoted at Derby's expense (whilst Derby were in effect cheating) wouldn't it give rise for Derby to sue us for the same thing? It was our play off final winning year when we breached FFP.
                        indeed and its a massive can of worms that could affect loads of clubs with lots of historical nit picking going on

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If Derby IS expelled or if Derby ARE expelled?

                          I feel it should be ARE expelled even though Derby is a singular word in the context of there's only one DCFC. However, I presume because DCFC is a collection of players it becomes a plural word. So, Derby is a boring town and Derby are a boring team.

                          What a nightmare for foreigners learning English eh!?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X