Higher standards and expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher standards and expectations

Interesting to see some slating the team and players like Dykes today. We were the best team in the Championship in 2021, are coming off the back of two away wins, and have a fighting team spirit that meant we actually came back to win - despite playing one of the form teams in the country who have an excellent away record, and being famously useless in cup competitions.

Its kind of amazing.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that standards and expectations have risen so much under Warbs that we can now heap criticism on a side that has so much more integrity, shape and spirit than some of those that went before. Someone on a qpr fan site (not sure if it was this one) even said it was one of the worst 90 minutes they had seen at HQ for many years. A hard fought victory in which one of our most creative players is out the country and another was rested ...

... is it just me, or does anyone else struggle to understand the criticism aimed at players who are clearly just doing their best in a team that is actually very successful?

Careful. You'll get banned for talking sense.

Comment

More frustrating I think as we know we got a good footballing team .
      Gray does not want to be here . Austin loves the club but legs has gone and loves the beer and gear too much .
      without chair or Willock we are boring . Amos brings absolutely nothing to the table . We are definitely punching above our weight. However being the best team in points wise In 2021 is great but the championship is a poor poor league without no great teams in it . Any team that goes up this season will get battered every week . The gap now is way to big

Comment

There was a close up on Gray late in the game on the stream, he raised his shirt to wipe his face, I was expecting to see a six pack of a stomach, no, in evidence was the smallest of beer belly’s.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I think that’s a touch hard on Gray. He is a striker that relies on good balls played in behind the defender to feet and he didn’t get that all day today. I see him as being passed off the service was not great, rather than him not wanting to be here.

Comment

I struggle to understand the constant slating of the team we are all supposed to support as well to be honest, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I will always defend that, but it's the total lack of ambition in some that I don't get, are people really happy to stay languishing in the championship in perpetuity? This is actually the best team and manager we have had in a long time, far from perfect, frustrating at times, but still the best we have had for a while, I for one would love us to get into the prem somehow, I know it has its faults and I agree it will be a real battle to stay there, but what's the point of doing well in the championship, as entertaining as it can be, if it's not to win that league and get promoted!!

Comment

We have the worst FA cup rd 3 record of all football league clubs. I will take a penalty shoot out victory and a poor performance to scrape into rd 4. Not having players like willock and chair pulling the strings is huge. Rotherham are pretty basic but let's not forget they are used to winning every wk and being top of the league gives them confidence. I do think that west brom game is huge and I would like to see us adding to the side in Jan. If we can hang around in the top 6 that would be a massive achievement. It's a shame about Austin because he is definitely enjoying the good life too much and I think that makes dykes an important player for us.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

There is no footballer, manager or football team in the world that does not get criticism from their supporters at some point.

Tonight Everton won at Hull and their supporters were showing banners saying they want Benitez out.

Comment

Originally posted by NicRanger View Post
                  I think that’s a touch hard on Gray. He is a striker that relies on good balls played in behind the defender to feet and he didn’t get that all day today. I see him as being passed off the service was not great, rather than him not wanting to be here.
                  Apart from the sitter he missed from dykes cross and his tame header to the keepers hands

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                    There is no footballer, manager or football team in the world that does not get criticism from their supporters at some point.

Tonight Everton won at Hull and their supporters were showing banners saying they want Benitez out.
                    True enough Dave, we are a fickle bunch, us football fans !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

True enough Dave, we are a fickle bunch, us football fans !!!
                      We all want the same Kev, most supporters are paying a high percentage of the take home to keep these blokes in brand new cars and big houses.

I think everything is entitled to a view, positive or not.

Tonight, the views are mixed, mainly negative, when we beat West Brom they will all be positive.

Comment

Originally posted by nicranger View Post
                        interesting to see some slating the team and players like dykes today. We were the best team in the championship in 2021, are coming off the back of two away wins, and have a fighting team spirit that meant we actually came back to win - despite playing one of the form teams in the country who have an excellent away record, and being famously useless in cup competitions.

Its kind of amazing.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that standards and expectations have risen so much under warbs that we can now heap criticism on a side that has so much more integrity, shape and spirit than some of those that went before. Someone on a qpr fan site (not sure if it was this one) even said it was one of the worst 90 minutes they had seen at hq for many years. A hard fought victory in which one of our most creative players is out the country and another was rested ...

... Is it just me, or does anyone else struggle to understand the criticism aimed at players who are clearly just doing their best in a team that is actually very successful?
                        spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Apart from the sitter he missed from dykes cross and his tame header to the keepers hands
                          He's a strange player. He can obviously finish. His record shows us that. But if he's not scoring he brings nothing to this team. No workrate. Constantly moaning at teammates or the ref. He's a big enough lad but is always pushed off the ball. Can't imagine he's too popular in the dressing room. Doesn't seem like he's part of the togetherness that we have seen this team rely on when we are up against it.

Just seems like he knows he is only here til May and then off looking for a new club on a big money contract. He may score a few more for us this season but I can't see him being here next year.

Comment

I agree with the OP and I am guilty at times for being harsh on the team, I thought we were going to lose for sure today (yesterday) even before they scored, years of cup failure will do that to you! I am a realist and appreciate how well we have played with a limited squad, it isn't always going to be pretty but I'm happy we are in the draw for the next round!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
                              Austin loves the club but legs has gone and loves the beer and gear too much.
                              Unfair, he never had much pace, he's lost some of little pace he had. To say he's on the beers and gear is frankly disrespectful, unless you know that for a fact.

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
                              but the championship is a poor poor league without no great teams in it . Any team that goes up this season will get battered every week . The gap now is way to big
                              This is one of the toughest leagues in the world. Teams that you thought would get battered every week that have gone up in the last few years are still there and are now mainstay Prem teams.

Very hard to touch the top 6 but as West Ham and Leicester, and to a lesser extent Wolves, Brighton, Burnley, Watford and Brentford have proven, you can be competitive as a promoted team.

We are definitely punching above our weight though. I don't see this team as doing well in the Premier League, we are 3/4 quality players off that.

Comment

Working...
                              X