No announcement yet.

Higher standards and expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our age group are generally much tougher than the youngsters, mentally and physically, we’ll out see many of them.

I can’t wait to go Skiing in February, and looking forward to some ballsy diving in Egypt in the spring, lot of sharks hopefully.

Chin up Buff.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

Seems there's a bunch of old buggers on here too.
      Guilty ! but I prefer "old geezer" S'il vous plait"

Comment

For all of you "old Geezers" on here with lots of aches and pains I highly recommend CBD, it is great to rub it on muscle strains and has a calming affect when ingested which every QPR fan needs regardless of age!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Gator, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I have skied the Alps, Austria, Germany and at Cortina in Italy, we have some great skiing here in the Canadian Rockies as well, sorry to go off topic folks, maybe QPR can get to Wembley again and I will combine that trip with a Euro ski holiday!
            May is a little late for skiing in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

May is a little late for skiing in Europe.
              Kaprun glacier!⛷
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

Kaprun glacier!⛷
                I forgot the glaciers as we have never skied them, but there are several in France.

https://www.skiresort.info/glacier-ski-resorts/france/

We skied Kaprun about 10 years ago, we stayed at the Tauern Spa Hotel, we love Austria. trying to cross the border is the problem at the moment.

Comment

We did like kaprun plenty of runs. I've never had issues with altitude but that is the highest I've been in Europe and I did struggle a bit. Might be an issue for Canada but Whistler is my dream resort. 10k runs you won't get in Europe. We stayed in a lovely hotel in sell am see. We love Austria and we loved it in mayohofen too. The train line gives you so much selection and free to use if using the mountains.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Whistler is ok, but, for me the best skiing in my experience is Colorado.

Breckenridge, Vail, Steam Boat, Winter Park, Beaver Creek, Keystone and many others.

My favourite is Aspen, especially Aspen Buttermilk.

They are all at altitude, Breckenridge tops out at a breathless 13,000 feet.

We can’t wait to return to beautiful Colorado, maybe next year.

Comment

I'm in the 62 club as well, fair play to you lot, I can barely get out of bed in the morning!! Years of working on building sites in all weathers have taken its toll! Still working but on my own now, so very selective about the work I take on

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                        I'm in the 62 club as well, fair play to you lot, I can barely get out of bed in the morning!! Years of working on building sites in all weathers have taken its toll! Still working but on my own now, so very selective about the work I take on
                        Kev, learn to scuba dive mate, if you can run to it, go to either Malta, The Canaries or Egypt in the spring to learn.

Remember, you are weightless underwater.

I am a BSAC instructor and I am very happy to offer you any advice if you go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                          I thought C59 was your seat number

Comment

Whistler is ok, but, for me the best skiing in my experience is Colorado.

Breckenridge, Vail, Steam Boat, Winter Park, Beaver Creek, Keystone and many others.

My favourite is Aspen, especially Aspen Buttermilk.

They are all at altitude, Breckenridge tops out at a breathless 13,000 feet.

We can’t wait to return to beautiful Colorado, maybe next year.
                            I haven't skied Colorado, I have skied in California and Montana, the BC interior is great, Fernie, Panarama, Kimberly, the smaller resorts in the BC interior have some of the best runs and powder skiing in the world and they are way cheaper than Whistler and Colorado! When I did my trip in the Alps I set my base up at Zel Am See, it was great and there are a bunch of good resorts a short drive away!
                            Kev you are the same age as us skiers, try the CBD, it might not get you skiing but your everyday life will be less painful!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

I’m already looking at the other BC sites on the map, I am so fed up with covid and stupid injuries, planning something for the back end of February.

Comment

I’m already looking at the other BC sites on the map, I am so fed up with covid and stupid injuries, planning something for the back end of February.
                                When we do the BC interior we fly into Calgary and rent a car, Lake Louise and Sunshine Village are close then once in BC there are several great resorts, Red Mountain, Sun Peaks, I mentioned Fernie Snow Valley, it is some of the best lift served powder skiing you can do if you hit it right! Hopefully covid cases go down, at least you can go see QPR, Rangers never fail to entertain one way or another!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X