January Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    Will the club still go for paterson now chair is on his way home? Still think a wing back is needed.
    could be right about Chair
    I think we can survive without WBs now it looks like McCallum and Moses are back.

for me its a striker we need...

Dwight Gayle anyone?? I know wages could be an issue but only a few months commitment.
    everyone around us are improving thier squads we need to do something.

let's hope tomorrow is good for us

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkieQPR View Post

I think we can survive without WBs now it looks like McCallum and Moses are back.

Dwight Gayle anyone?? I know wages could be an issue but only a few months commitment.

Stoke look set to sign Josh Mata....He'd have been a good signing for us I reckon.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkieQPR View Post

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think we could do with just keeping our squad. I do see areas where we're weak. We definitely don't have cover for Albert as kakay is about as good as Marcus bignot. Maybe a loan rwb but keeping our squad should still be enough to finish top 6. The only reason we should get competitive is if the owners think we can squeeze into that 2nd spot, it's a massive risk financially knowing we will probably be absolutely fine for playoffs.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think we could do with just keeping our squad. I do see areas where we're weak. We definitely don't have cover for Albert as kakay is about as good as Marcus bignot. Maybe a loan rwb but keeping our squad should still be enough to finish top 6. The only reason we should get competitive is if the owners think we can squeeze into that 2nd spot, it's a massive risk financially knowing we will probably be absolutely fine for playoffs.
          Fair enough in terms of keeping the squad together I can see the positives of doing so, however if that's the case we have Uncle, Moses and Kakay is 3rd choice at RWB so that's enough cover for me. LWB Wallace, McCallum and Moses if needed.

I do think we will get Patterson though just have a felling. can cover up top as well as Willock/Chair

Comment

• Focus has to be on an attacking midfielder and a striker, if we can get two in today before the 11pm deadline then I think we will be ok.

Comment

• Burnley have just signed striker Wout Weghorst from Wolfsburg. So that must mean Dykes will be staying after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Tend to agree. If we get through January without losing any regular first teamers we will have done well and we have brought in a couple already. We have done brilliantly so far and that is without some of our players being in peak form. Need to nurture and manage what we have. Signing players is exciting but can also upset the apple cart. If the likes of Dykes, Stef and Charlie can find their consistency and we can maintain our tightness at the back no reason we can't maintain our top six challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                  Focus has to be on an attacking midfielder and a striker, if we can get two in today before the 11pm deadline then I think we will be ok.
                  Yeah I agree with this, If we can get one for each position perfect
                  If it has to be one player that can cover both it will do imo

Comment

• 1 more and we are fine.

Dion is a super signing, less injury prone i'd imagine (touch wood) which is huge.

Chair coming back.

1 extra to offer something different and avoid scares if someone gets injured in those roles.

Dont over do it, no need to stretch ourselves. Bmouth panicking, look at them buying anything with legs

Comment

• We definitely need to keep the players we have, but adding more firepower in attack with Paterson should be helpful as he can play out wide or down the middle. Don't forget that we have a small squad and playing two games a week between now and May can take its toll if players cannot be rested every now and then. Also, the international break at the end of March is likely to see Dykes, Gray and Chair off again and they may miss the 1st game back due to tiredness, injury or jet lag.

If we can add a RWB great, but if not we have Sanderson now, and who knows, maybe he can play there too.

Comment

• Didnt realise that Patterson can play ether as a Centre Mid, Attacking Mid and a Left Winger, so maybe even one addition might be fine.

If we can get the deal pulled off then that would be a great bit of business.

Well worth a read here on his stats this season: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/90...Jamie-Paterson

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                          Didnt realise that Patterson can play ether as a Centre Mid, Attacking Mid and a Left Winger, so maybe even one addition might be fine.

If we can get the deal pulled off then that would be a great bit of business.

Well worth a read here on his stats this season: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/90...Jamie-Paterson
                          I liked the sound of Lawrence, wont lie. But I do like Patterson as well, great deal if we can do it IMO.

Maja, among others just not right.

Comment

• MW was on Sky sports transfer update and said happy with what we got but no secret we want a AMC so Patterson or nothing it seems

Comment

• To quite on the transfer front... We are playing 3 games a week from now until end of season and still in the cup, we need to add 1-2 players, attacking ones..

Comment

• Bournemouth are not messing around, just signed Nat Phillips on loan from Liverpool

Comment

Working...
                                X