No announcement yet.

January Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this is an old video but excellent cover for Willock maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONdRPGyFCE

Comment

• Paterson thrown his toys out the pram at Swansea, stay clear of the little scrot

Comment

• Originally posted by MINCER View Post
        I know this is an old video but excellent cover for Willock maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONdRPGyFCE
        He is more than a winger and looks like he could easily play alongside a striker down the middle. Maybe worth a punt. I see Bidwell has now left to join Coventry on a free, so perhaps Swansea need to shift a player or two.

Edit

Just checked this out, so perhaps he is asking for more money than we could afford plus a fee would be likely, so maybe we will stay away from him. He has scored 8 in 21 games, more than our top scorer in less games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60008713

Comment

• Looking at the Swansea forum it seems Patterson signed a contract at the beginning of the season whereby after playing 25 games the initial contract would be extended,Patterson has only played 22 games but Swansea expected the player would accept and announced it before his Agent agreed.

Their fans expect him to leave,I hope we can get him for the same paltry fee that they paid for Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by MINCER View Post
            Looking at the Swansea forum it seems Patterson signed a contract at the beginning of the season whereby after playing 25 games the initial contract would be extended,Patterson has only played 22 games but Swansea expected the player would accept and announced it before his Agent agreed.

Their fans expect him to leave,I hope we can get him for the same paltry fee that they paid for Manning.
            Why should he be forced to stay another year for a club he doesnt like? The 25 game rule applies to both parties and was clearly an estimate of games that he would play to the Jan transfer window. Not sure what the player has done wrong because hes decided he doesnt want to extend and will run his contract down or move early. It clearly wasnt and automatic renewal and there was an element of choice in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Why should he be forced to stay another year for a club he doesnt like? The 25 game rule applies to both parties and was clearly an estimate of games that he would play to the Jan transfer window. Not sure what the player has done wrong because hes decided he doesnt want to extend and will run his contract down or move early. It clearly wasnt and automatic renewal and there was an element of choice in it.
              Agreed..I’m fairly sure we were linked to him before he joined Swansea.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

He is 30 no sale on value ?
                That`s true.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

He is 30 no sale on value ?
                  Neither do Austin, Johansen Wallace or Barbet, but it doesn’t make them any less useful to the team or squad.

If we can buy him for a similarly pitiful fee as we got for Manning he would be a great addition to QPR.

Comment

• Djungardens might be interested in Hamalainen. Hopefully to buy rather than loan.
                    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qp...hdmtr0PeNg&amp

Comment

• I just wish we would do something positive, we moved for Marshall quickly which was the right thing to do, apart from that all the movement in and out seems to of been in the under 23 's, who by the way don't look they are pulling up trees anywhere,, I'm so frustrated at the apparent lack of DEFINITE business, we all know what we need, and I'm sure the club know what we need, I accept it's a difficult window to do business in, but other clubs are moving and improving, bloody get on with it !!
                      like I say I'm frustrated

Comment

• Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                        I just wish we would do something positive, we moved for Marshall quickly which was the right thing to do, apart from that all the movement in and out seems to of been in the under 23 's, who by the way don't look they are pulling up trees anywhere,, I'm so frustrated at the apparent lack of DEFINITE business, we all know what we need, and I'm sure the club know what we need, I accept it's a difficult window to do business in, but other clubs are moving and improving, bloody get on with it !!
                        like I say I'm frustrated
                        I don't think we need anything. With McCallum and Odaubajo getting fit we should be okay for the run in. We haven't got the money to bring in players to be back-up and I feel our match day squad is strong as is. Yeah it'd be nice to bring in a player who is better than what we have but frankly that's unrealistic. I certainly would not get frustrated that's for sure.

Comment

• Will we offer Jamie Paterson the same dosh he is after ? Don't think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                            Paterson thrown his toys out the pram at Swansea, stay clear of the little scrot
                            I would rather Pogo Paterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I don't think we need anything. With McCallum and Odaubajo getting fit we should be okay for the run in. We haven't got the money to bring in players to be back-up and I feel our match day squad is strong as is. Yeah it'd be nice to bring in a player who is better than what we have but frankly that's unrealistic. I certainly would not get frustrated that's for sure.
                              Tend to agree. A CB to provide some further cover would be useful given we play with three and it wouldn't take much for us to become overstretched in that department. That though can be a relatively inexpensive loan. That aside things are about as good as they realistically can be.

Only caveat I would put on that assessment is I see Benfica have made Adel available. An older, wiser Adel could be what we need for the run in. He would be coming full circle.

Comment

• Adel? Now that's an interesting thought!

But age, temperament, robust enough? Still with the cheeky silky skills?

And of course, cost?

Comment

Working...
                                X